• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

I honestly wouldn't really mind the exclusion of Hidden Power for all Pokémon beside Unown.

• Expanding Force- ground type version of rock wrecker? destroy terrains?
  • Steel Roller- steamroller but with steel type? flinching or confusing oponent? ball move???
  • Scale Shot- dragon ? multistrike? similar to water shuriken? a priority dragon move?
  • Meteor Beam- rock type special version of rock wrecker??? or rock version of steel beam?
  • Shell Side Arm- ball throwing move???shooting move with shells? multistrike??? water move???
  • Misty Explosion- fairy special attack with recharge turn?
  • Grassy Glide- priority grass move???
  • Rising Voltage- electric for sure, we had charge beam for special attack, maybe this rises attack? or both defenses? or a electric type version of Ancient Power????
  • Terrain Pulse - weather ball version for terrains
  • Skitter Smack- fast, light, maybe fairy type version of First Impression or U-turn? a physical fairy type move, yeah...
  • Burning Jealousy- fire and maybe doubles when under infautation?
  • Lash Out - priority move(fire or electric? ground???) could also be with eye lashesh maybe a infautation priority fairy move????Lash Out [Commander] - Planeswalker.pl
  • Poltergeist- hmmm ghost move, hope it gets a nice effect, maybe multistrike move??? maybe like Investation or a entry hazard Stealth rocks but works against normal types too??? or a ghot type water shuriken???
  • Corrosive Gas- taking away steel type immunity??? or blocking steel type moves for 3 turns whats beeter??? causing oponents berries to get destroyed and poison and damage the target?
  • Flip Turn - water type version of U-turn
  • Triple Axel- water type version of Triple kick
  • Dual Wingbeat- double hiting special flying type move???? that or fairy type move that gives you levitate for 2 turns???
  • Scorching Sands- ground type move causing burn
  • Jungle Healing- we know that already...
  • Wicked Blow- ghost type move that needs a recharge turn afterwards???
  • Surging Strikes- fighting or electric move??? waves? multistrike electric priority move??? or electric priority move that breaks through protects when electric terrain is on???

Last edited:
for me any rumor that does not list a bug type on any of the 21 new moves is out right fake cause there is not new bug type move this gen besides the max moves, also if they say flip turn is anything besides water type(french name implies it is water) is also fake.

PS: flying, ghost, poison, ice and ground also does not have regular moves introduced this gen so i am expecting most of the 21 new moves to have this typings and we could actually see some like poltergeist is ghost, corrosive gas is poison, dual wingbeat is flying, terrain pulse could be ground, skitter smack could be bug or scale shot

Last edited:
for me any rumor that does not list a bug type on any of the 21 new moves is out right fake cause there is not new bug type move this gen besides the max moves, also if they say flip turn is anything besides water type(french name implies it is water) is also fake.

PS: flying, ghost, poison, ice and ground also does not have regular moves introduced this gen so i am expecting most of the 21 new moves to have this typings and we could actually see some like poltergeist is ghost, corrosive gas is poison, dual wingbeat is flying, terrain pulse could be ground, skitter smack could be bug or scale shot
Terrain Pulse is most likely Normal as it will most likely be a Weather Ball equivalent for Terrains.

not interested move on gracias and goodbye i like pokemon from sword and shield but the game itself takes a lot bad choices from development team i m still waiting when the pokedex are complete for can enjoy this game properly i am the from the gang or all pokemon on there or there is not a pokemon game

By definition, all a Pokemon game needs to be a Pokemon game is to have Pokemon in it.

Nobody complains about Mystery Dungeon not having all the Pokemon and it's still a Pokemon game (not that I care about Mystery Dungeon but it's an example) (and don't give me that "it's a spin-off it doesn't count" crap. It's a game with Pokemon in the title that features Pokemon so it counts).

Nobody complains about Mystery Dungeon not having all the Pokemon and it's still a Pokemon game
That’s not exactly true. I know a few people were upset that Gates didn’t include all Pokémon, though nowhere near the level of Dexit, and I myself am disappointed that Dx only goes up to gen 3 (I need my Turtonator face portrait goshdarnit) with a few additions from later gens.

I also don’t think a comparison between SwSh and PMD is fair irregardless of the fact that they’re both Pokémon games due to the different circumstances surrounding their developers. I believe GameFreak has more resources available than Spike Chunsoft, though I could be wrong.

Edited.

Yeah but that was a given. I'd be surprised if it hadn't.
Yes, but it ended up being the worst part in my opinion, since it turned a lot of people against the fandom, and I can't really disagree with them. They took things way too personally and too far. Seriously, I'm 25 and I have spent 21 of those years being a Pokémon fan, but it's still a game to me, a hobby, not something of major importance.

I'm sorry, but I woud feel more bitter if Game Freak gave in to them, because in my opinion, it would give a message of "throwing tantrums and acting like spoiled kids will give me everything I want".

Seriously, when did those people devolve into something similar to anti-vaxxers and Morrissey-style vegans?

One of the many reasons Dexit gets one my nerves because compared to other fandoms we used to be rather even tempered (though we were still pretty bad with our "what's the best gen" and "competitive v casual" infighting). But Dexit comes along and now we're practically the My Little Pony fandom and everyone hates us including ourselves.

Yes, but it ended up being the worst part in my opinion, since it turned a lot of people against the fandom, and I can't really disagree with them. They took things way too personally and too far. Seriously, I'm 25 and I have spent 21 of those years being a Pokémon fan, but it's still a game to me, a hobby, not something of major importance.

I'm sorry, but I woud feel more bitter if Game Freak gave in to them, because in my opinion, it would give a message of "throwing tantrums and acting like spoiled kids will give me everything I want".

Seriously, when did those people devolve into something similar to anti-vaxxers and Morrissey-style vegans?
In my experience it devolved to that point when blind Pokemon fans ignored suggestions to fix the problem (i.e. delaying the game or Game Freak saying they would add Pokemon post launch), it devolved into a shit show.

I have hard time feeling sorry for Game Freak/Pokemon Company charging for a cloud storage service as a "solution" to cutting Pokemon.

That being said I do feel sorry for the fans caught up in the controversy. Those people as well as the lower level Game Freak employees that have nothing to do with upper management's decisions

Last edited:
"competitive v casual" infighting
Well, that's a problem with every single game that has a competitive mode. I saw someone giving a bad review to Street Fighter V once because the specials were easier to pull off compared to past games. I don't know, but I prefer that over doing an inverted Δ motion.

See, I agree with this in principle, but at the same time, I don't actually want everyone to be deprived of their favorite Pokémon for indeterminate swaths of time, and broadly speaking, I suspect that more Pokémon fans overall are perfectly reasonable people who just want to use certain Pokémon that they like, with the toxic fandom being a minority. I do think Game Freak should add (and indeed, seem to be adding) the remaining Pokémon back into the games, but it should be for the sake of the non-toxic fans. Unfortunately, there's no way to distinguish between who something like that is being done "for," so doing what I think is the right thing will inevitably look like Game Freak "giving in" to the overly aggressive side. But it's either that, or GF refuse to add the old Pokémon in order to avoid "giving in," but what that would mean is that the rest of the people who just want their Pokémon included and aren't being horrible have to suffer because of idiots who couldn't control themselves, which isn't fair.

At any rate, surely the fact that they are adding more old Pokémon in sort of vindicates GF's reasoning for not having them all available at launch? By which I mean, it does indeed appear to be a time management issue, where whatever they're doing to the models requires extra work. (And they are doing something to them, because hackers have tried porting over models from Let's Go, and it turned out that they were only sort-of functional and missing several animations which is of course what Masuda said was the reason for the cut back at E3, and it is already an observable fact that several Pokémon have new battle intro animations. (Though I'm not aware of any hacker who has tried porting over the models from the 3DS games which every armchair developer from here to mom's house has claimed should be an easy-peasy thing to do.) Although why GF couldn't have just said from the start that they would work on patching the rest in later is beyond me - I don't think people would have been nearly as outraged if they'd known that the remaining Pokémon wouldn't be hung out to dry indefinitely.)

In my experience it devolved to that point when blind Pokemon fans ignored suggestions to fix the problem (i.e. delaying the game or Game Freak saying they would add Pokemon post launch), it devolved into a shit show.

I have hard time feeling sorry for Game Freak/Pokemon Company charging for a cloud storage service as a "solution" to cutting Pokemon.

That being s
One of the many reasons Dexit gets one my nerves because compared to other fandoms we used to be rather even tempered (though we were still pretty bad with our "what's the best gen" and "competitive v casual" infighting). But Dexit comes along and now we're practically the My Little Pony fandom and everyone hates us including ourselves.

The Pokemon fanbase was bad pre-dexit as well. Quite a few Pokemon fanboys weren't very kind to Yokai Watch franchise when those games first came out among over things. The Dexit incident was when the Pokemon fanbase first had to deal with how bad it could be

The Pokemon fanbase was bad pre-dexit as well. Quite a few Pokemon fanboys weren't very kind to Yokai Watch franchise when those games first came out among over things. The Dexit incident was when the Pokemon fanbase first had to deal with how bad it could be
The fanbase is so huge, covering millions of people from more than a hundred countries and consists of all age-groups.

What do people expect; Only reason on the internet? Toxic behaviour is a given. Doesn't help that Gamefreak has no community-management whatsoever. That's basically the crowd-control of online fanbases.

And I'm sorry, but THE fanbase doesn't exist. The game sold as many copies as there are people living in my country.

-----------------------------------------------

Anyway, beside the National Dex issue, I'm still of the opinion that the basegame is quite 'lacking' for such an experienced franchise. And I hope that point comes across somewhere in Gamefreak's offices. It's just a shame that we never hear anything from them (aka community-management). Things like 'We got you fam', 'We appreciate the feedback and will look at things differently in the future', etc.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom