• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

FAQ: Forum Update: Question & Suggestion Thread

My last suggestion is why not disable post count for Forum games section? Because that is the most casual forum where people can chill out.
Post count used to be disabled for that section. I don't remember why it was changed, but to be honest, I prefer it this way. I feel that even relaxed "chill out" posts should count towards the post count.

Hopefully this is the right place for this, but I think it'd be nice to have a general "favorite Pokemon" option that we can select in our profile details.

Hopefully this is the right place for this, but I think it'd be nice to have a general "favorite Pokemon" option that we can select in our profile details.

hello, spinyshell! o/

so, to give you an update on this: initially, when i came across the idea last night, i was like "huh, can't be that hard". little did naive me think, i would eat my words mere moments later when going through the actual backend of the forums to add the option. i found out that, much to my chagrin, that i would have to instead fill out every pokemon's name individually... close to 900 times (we're at 890 pokemon, right?). i severely underestimated what i had gotten myself into.

so far, i managed to add up to everyone in the hoenn region, but i'm taking this break to figure out whether it's worth doing the other idk 500+ or nuke the whole thing LOL

Update 2: got done with the sinnoh region, only to find out that the forums will not let me add past a certain number (i'm guessing past like 400 different options), so yeah... sorry u__u
Update 3: i made it a field to fill out, instead. that's way easier.

Last edited:
hello, spinyshell! o/

so, to give you an update on this: initially, when i came across the idea last night, i was like "huh, can't be that hard". little did naive me think, i would eat my words mere moments later when going through the actual backend of the forums to add the option. i found out that, much to my chagrin, that i would have to instead fill out every pokemon's name individually... close to 900 times (we're at 890 pokemon, right?). i severely underestimated what i had gotten myself into.

so far, i managed to add up to everyone in the hoenn region, but i'm taking this break to figure out whether it's worth doing the other idk 500+ or nuke the whole thing LOL

Update 2: got done with the sinnoh region, only to find out that the forums will not let me add past a certain number (i'm guessing past like 400 different options), so yeah... sorry u__u
Update 3: i made it a field to fill out, instead. that's way easier.
Thats awesome. Thanks so much for looking into my suggestion and implementing it.
1589384116892.png

You know how on our account details there is an option to put friend codes for the Switch, 2DS/3DS, and GO? I was wondering if there could be an option there for Pokemon HOME friend codes as well. Thanks.

You know how on our account details there is an option to put friend codes for the Switch, 2DS/3DS, and GO? I was wondering if there could be an option there for Pokemon HOME friend codes as well. Thanks.

this is done~

this is done~
Thanks so much.
tumblr_obv0blyuzW1v68t0mo1_400.gifv

After fiddling around with that “favorite Pokémon of every type” chart maker, I was wondering if it would be possible to add a “favorite of [x] type” question for each type in our profile, similar to the “favorite gen [1-8] Pokémon” options, as well as favorite move and ability options too. Thanks.

After fiddling around with that “favorite Pokémon of every type” chart maker, I was wondering if it would be possible to add a “favorite of [x] type” question for each type in our profile, similar to the “favorite gen [1-8] Pokémon” options, as well as favorite move and ability options too. Thanks.

i sincerely apologise, but i personally already feel like there's enough ways to symbolise favourite pokemon via the favourite generational pokemon fields + favourite mega + favourite alola form + favourite pokemon overall. if you'd like to further break this down into favourite type, then i recommend linking directly to your personal chart in your signature.

edit: i've managed to add favourite ability/move text fields, though.

Last edited:
Drafts don't stay saved for long even though there's the option to save them.

Drafts don't stay saved for long even though there's the option to save them.
Correct. Drafts are auto deleted after a while. You're better off storing a draft off site if you're keeping it stored for a long time

Hey there!

We have a lot of reactions to posts. Nonetheless, it's often I see someone that just points out the obvious. In the outside, we say "Thanks Sherlock", but in the Pokémon world, detective Pikachu is our Sherlock.

Thus, my suggestion is to add an emoji of detective pikachu as a way of saying, thanks sherlock.

Thank you very much for your time,
Cheers

^ I was just thinking earlier that I would really enjoy Sinnoh starter badges, to celebrate Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl. (Legends: Arceus ones are a good idea too but I'd much rather show off my love for Turtwig over Cyndaquil lol.)

I know you guys must get this question a lot, but I'd also just like to know if there are any more fan badges planned for the future in general. Thanks! :)

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom