• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime's return

Not right now, not with the possibility of reigniting the virus and infecting the cast and crew, then the show will go on an even longer hiatus that might even delay Gen 9.

I don't know if it would delay the next generation, if only because of how Game Freak hasn't been impacted by the virus and they're seemingly still planning to release the first DLC wave in June. It would probably be more likely that the series will end up with fewer episodes than expected. I'm definitely worried about the cast and crew being at risk for the virus, but this is yet another kind of tricky situation. A lot of people involved with the anime, as well as with a bunch of other shows, have been out of work and I don't know how Japan's unemployment system works, so that could mean that they've been struggling financially. This doesn't mean that they should jump back in with no regards just to give everyone paychecks. The ideal solution would be for the government to provide enough income for people to cover their basic needs during this emergency, but obviously that isn't going to happen. Having safety measures in place to keep their actors and production crew members safe so that they can resume production is still a good solution and hopefully that is the route they've taken here.

Not surprised by the return date at all.

What interests me the most right now is how this period off-air actually affected production. I still think at least some work was done during this time, so maybe they are ahead in stuff like animation, etc.

I'm actually pretty surprised by the date. I was betting on later in June. The fact that we only have to endure another week of hiatus is not something I was expecting to read today, but it's a nice surprise. It's exciting to see the hiatus come to an end; it'll be good to have new episodes to look forward to again, especially since I'm still pretty locked down and don't have much else to get excited about.

Of course, I sincerely hope this decision was made because they feel it's safe to restart production on the series. Hopefully everyone who works on the show will be able to resume doing so safely and stay healthy!

YAY! Awesome news
:D
finally the Pokémon anime is returning, sundays were not the same without it! :)
:p
off-topic but also looking forward to Black Clover and Digimon returning as well. (y)

We lost 6 weeks of episodes, maybe later this year or in 2021/2022 we'll get double episode specials to make up for it or this series will just be shorter than BW, XY and SM and that's it.

Oh and I just realized there are so many titles to speculate and more may be coming next week!

I wonder if the people will return to the usual location(s) or will they work in separate locations to continue the anime, with the V still around.

Many are preparing for a possible second wave. And the impatience is trying to overspread.

Not right now, not with the possibility of reigniting the virus and infecting the cast and crew, then the show will go on an even longer hiatus that might even delay Gen 9.

Well, if they notice the virus is reigniting, the recording would be stopped again. It doesn't matter if there is another hiatus and Gen 9 is delayed.

However, the situation seems relatively contained at the moment and it is good that thE crew and VA go back to work (since the probably need the income).

What I'm curious about is if we'll get more after these 7 episodes, or another hiatus?

Though that's all up to that COVID jerk...

Me wonders if everything will be alright continuing straight on from where they left off.

In comparison Digimon Adventure comes back on the same day but they're jumping three episodes back to give themselves more time as well as give people a chance to catch up with what's happened in the plot.

Hopefully Pokémon won't suffer any drawbacks from this decision.

Me wonders if everything will be alright continuing straight on from where they left off.

In comparison Digimon Adventure comes back on the same day but they're jumping three episodes back to give themselves more time as well as give people a chance to catch up with what's happened in the plot.

Hopefully Pokémon won't suffer any drawbacks from this decision.

Digimon Adventure 2020 only has three Episodes. So it has sense they restart from. Episode 1, since it can help to reach new fans

The current season of Pokemon has already a good amount of episodes. They likely have some future episodes completed, then they may have enough time to adapt.

Well, it does feel a bit early, but they're a company and they know better than us when it's okay to release a product. The DLC could have been an influence.

Chances of the movie going to VOD are now zero and always were. My wild prediction for the new date is late August.

What I'm curious about is if we'll get more after these 7 episodes, or another hiatus?
I think it's clear there will be new episodes weekly unless something bad happens. If they plan to stop then there wouldn't have been a hiatus because those 7 episodes would have aired.

We might get another set of titles this week, as this is when Episode 28 would have aired without the hiatus.
*Cries in Sobble*

(that's the Sobble episode btw)

Though I think it's too early for extra episode titles and summaries to be released considering episode 23 hasn't even aired yet.

They most most likely have at least 2-3 episodes already completed. And I’m sure they’ve at least been able work on animation for future episodes from home. As long as Japan isn’t shut down again, I don’t see any reason for any future delays. They’ll probably run straight through rather than doing a mid season hiatus as they’ve done in the past.

Apparently according to Dephender and his Interpretation, the Production stopped during the hiatus (fully or not, not known). Which means we are back to exactly where we were before the Hiatus in terms of production. There aren't more future episodes completed like some expected.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom