• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

New artworks for the artwork nerds.

Slowbro

pokemon-200602_06_01.png

New Kanto starters

pokemon-200602_07_01.png

pokemon-200602_08_01.png

Legendary birds

pokemon-200602_03_01.png

pokemon-200602_04_01.png

pokemon-200602_05_01.png

Regis

pokemon-200602_01_01.png

pokemon-200602_02_01.png
I think the wrinkles on G-Slowbro’s head kinda ruin the design. They seem ugly and unnecessary.

At any rate, like a lot of the new forms and ‘mons this gen, I’m fairly neutral on the new designs.

Dunno of the lack of some features is to do with Covid-19, but it is quite clear that Pokemon should've ended after Gen 7 and called it a day, telling that they are not making any more new Pokemon and instead remake the old Pokemon. That way it would give them time to rebuild their creative juice for any future Pokemon ideas.

Pokemon climbed at Gen 1-3, peaked at Gen 4, Plateaued at Gen 5, edged at Gen 6, rolled at Gen 7, and free-felled at Gen 8.

I tried to be patient with Pokemon, I try giving it a chance, but instead I keep getting punched in the face and flat out say that ''I don't care, just the money''. Whatever happened to Professor Oak, Ken Sugimori hating the idea of selling Pokemon for money? My how times have changed since 10 years ago. And if this is that route I've seen Pokemon going down, then I hate see what it will look like 10 years later down the line.

After analyzing today's trailer, I have made a few discoveries:
  • Magnezone, Tangrowth and the Shinx line is confirmed to appear in Sword and Shield's DLC. That's still only one pure Gen 4 line.
  • Regigigas still wasn't shown even when the other 5 Regis were.

Eh, I'm gonna buy it anyway. If it gets me Zorua then I'm willing to spend money.

Not like I've got much else to do, anyway.
Dunno of the lack of some features is to do with Covid-19, but it is quite clear that Pokemon should've ended after Gen 7 and called it a day, telling that they are not making any more new Pokemon and instead remake the old Pokemon. That way it would give them time to rebuild their creative juice for any future Pokemon ideas.

Pokemon climbed at Gen 1-3, peaked at Gen 4, Plateaued at Gen 5, edged at Gen 6, rolled at Gen 7, and free-felled at Gen 8.

I tried to be patient with Pokemon, I try giving it a chance, but instead I keep getting punched in the face and flat out say that ''I don't care, just the money''. Whatever happened to Professor Oak, Ken Sugimori hating the idea of selling Pokemon for money? My how times have changed since 10 years ago. And if this is that route I've seen Pokemon going down, then I hate see what it will look like 10 years later down the line.
You do realize that you've said this 50 times already.

Like, pretty much this exact same thing.

Then just quit. We dont need people who only look black and white

Eh, I'm gonna buy it anyway. If it gets me Zorua then I'm willing to spend money.

Not like I've got much else to do, anyway.

You do realize that you've said this 50 times already.

Like, pretty much this exact same thing.
Just a reminder for those that are not aware.

I'm not a fan of G-Zapdos but I can live with it. I don't like G-Moltres but I didn't like regular Moltres either so that was a given.

Love G-Articuno, though.
She mentioned all the gens, though. Not just gen 5.

Yeah, that wasn't my best work but I work with what I have.

Where are people getting the information on the types of the legendary birds?

I'm not seeing anything on the official website...

Is it only on the Japanese website?

So, some new-old 'mons include:
- Relicanth
- Aron/Lairon/Aggron
- Whismur/Loudred/Exploud
- Absol
- Tauros
- Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
- Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath/Politoed
- Staryu/Starmie
- Skrelp/Dragalge
- Magby/Magmar/Magmortar
- Tangela/Tangrowth
- Emolga
- Scyther/Scizor
- Druddigon
- Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile
- Exeggcute/Exeggcutor
- Kangaskhan
- Bouffalant
- Mienfoo/Mienshao
- Swablu/Altaria
- Fomantis/Lurantis

Last edited:
That was the beginning of Pokemon's slow decline after the peak that was Gen 4. The Pokemon were recycled from some of the Pokemon, they weren't trying with making original Pokemon, and Unova (And all regions onward) was seen in a tourist perspective of New York, rather than how Gen 1 - 4 was treated, since they are based in Japan.

And the worst part is that Gen 5 had so much potential within it, they had pushed their limit with these games as many fans surely know. But yet despite all that, it wasn't that great, and thus continued that trend in Gen 6, 7 and 8.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom