• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

WE WILL MAKE A SOUP TO MAKE POKEMON GMAX!

new features here:

Well, that was more info than I was expecting for sure. I thought we'd just get a release date and the names of the Kanto Starters G-Max moves or something like that.

Really like G-Max Blastoise & Urshifu's designs, and this trailer pretty much confirms what I had suspected from day 1 - that Galarian Slowbro would be Psychic/Poison & therefore the ace of Klara or Avery depending on your version.

The biggest question I still have is: Will level-syncing make it so you are able to go to the Expansion Pass content before beating the game? Because I feel like there's really no story-related reason why you shouldn't be able to, even if maybe not all of the content is unlockable until after you've beaten the game (like the new Legendaries). And I'd like to be able to headcanon that the Player Character went there to train because Mustard was Leon's former mentor, and then they eventually faced him with G-Max Venusaur or Blastoise.

new features here:

Meh

Hmmm...
pokemon-200602_04_01.png
Meep meep!

new features here:

That must be what the Max Honey and Mushrooms are for.

They used relicanth against the regis so it's highly likely they'll have their old puzzles and final tournaments are the predicted double battles, the birds hate each other, and I'm the only one who has no problem with a trailer dropped in less than 24 hours after announcement being just a hype train without much info instead just a bunch of scenes from the fame thrown together in quick succession...
Now ,what plant "peony" is?

So the only image of a legendary Dynamax raid on the Japanese site is of Giratina.

features_16.jpg

Probs a coincidence.

The Galar birds look dope.

The new moves are dope.

Galarian Slowbro is blessed.

Blastoise finally uses his cannons.

Is this real life?

So, some new-old 'mons include:
- Relicanth
- Aron/Lairon/Aggron
- Whismur/Loudred/Exploud
- Absol
- Tauros
- Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
- Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath/Politoed
- Staryu/Starmie
- Skrelp/Dragalge
- Magby/Magmar/Magmortar
- Tangela/Tangrowth
- Emolga

- Scyther/Scizor Scizor SCIZOR
- Druddigon
- Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile
My baby boy can come out of retirement!! Q_Q
I've missed Scizor so much! He's lost his Mega, but now I can chill with him in Camp and do the Expansions with him!

My only issue with the new regis is that they don't really make sense.

First of all they break the whole trio thing Pokemon's always had going on. Second of all, the original regis are made of materials that could conceivably make a golem (ice, steel, and rock).

So what are these things!

Meep meep!
1591106001877.jpeg
Blastoise finally uses his cannons.
Out of all the new Gmax forms, I have to say Blastoise is the best.

First of all they break the whole trio thing Pokemon's always had going on. Second of all, the original regis are made of materials that could conceivably make a golem (ice, steel, and rock).

And weren’t the trios related to the Ice, Stone, and Bronze/Iron age, or was that a fan theory? At the very least ice, rocks, and metals are what continents are made of. Electricity and dragon flesh... not so much. Also Ice/Rock/Steel seem much more connected to each other than Electric and Dragon.

Maybe they’re artificial regis?

Last edited:

Regirock - Stone age
Regice - Ice age
Registeel - Copper - Bronz - Iron age
Regidrago - Medieval age ( hence why it is a dragon )
Regieleci - Age of enlightenment / technology age ( light - electric - technology )

I'm curious about that too. Regigigas built the current trio, then built another two out of electricity and dragons in Galar? And if we only need three to awaken it, then what happens when all five are taken to it? Really hope there's some lore :unsure:

I'm curious about that too. Regigigas built the current trio, then built another two out of electricity and dragons in Galar? And if we only need three to awaken it, then what happens when all five are taken to it? Really hope there's some lore :unsure:
Wouldn't surprise me if Regigigas gets a new form in the gen 4 remakes. Maybe a "Fully Awaken" form when you have all five when you capture it.

Looks like the English website got updated too (there is an English trailer, it just looks like the same one though).

Interesting things I noted:

• It looks like the Crown Tundra guy is a man named Peony and he came there with his daughter who has yet to be introduced (who knows if she will be).
  • The Cramorant Machine is an item machine of sorts, called the Cram-o-matic. If you put four items into it, it recycles them and gives you a new item like Pokeballs or PP ups. There are even some rare items in there.

Might add more as I find them, for now I'm going back to sleep.

Also, that kind of looks like a Pokemon on Peony's hat, but it's probably just some logo of sorts.
EZgwoi4UcAU2LW4.jpeg

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom