• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review M22: Mewtwo Strikes Back—Evolution

Pikachu and the other Pokemon crying still drove me to tears even with that terrible CGI.

I decided to skim around the movie to watch a few scenes. I'll admit that while I still hate the look of the movie, the backgrounds do actually look good, and I even somewhat got used to the look of the characters.

When I have the time, I might actually give the movie a go.

Three months have passed without any word on a Blu-ray/DVD release from Viz Media, which was the normal gap for precious movies. Considering this movie was the first to be licensed as a Netflix premiere, I'm starting to worry if they stipulated longer gaps for physical releases of the dub.

Three months have passed without any word on a Blu-ray/DVD release from Viz Media, which was the normal gap for precious movies. Considering this movie was the first to be licensed as a Netflix premiere, I'm starting to worry if they stipulated longer gaps for physical releases of the dub.
Or perhaps because it's on Netflix they don't want to release it physically since that means less people will watch it on their platform

Netflix revealed on its website on Friday that anime viewership was "up over 100%" in the United States on the streaming platform this year. The Pokémon: Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution film was the most watched anime title this year (Netflix also stated the American-animated Blood of Zeus show was the other most-watched "anime" title in 2020).

Source: Anime Viewership on Netflix in U.S. is 'Up Over 100%' in 2020

That's great news for Netflix and TPCi!

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom