• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you like that no one else does!

Recently, thanks to my Shield playthrough, I've come to really love Croagunk/Toxicroak. It's not that I didn't like it before, rather, I just never used one, as it never struck me the same way other Gen 4 Mons did, so I didn't know what its strengths were or how to use one properly. There have been many a times that I was tempted to use it in other playthroughs, like, say, in Kalos or other Platinum runs, but it didn't strike me at the time. Now, however, the line is my new favorite Poison-type, but, unless one is talking about Brock's Croagunk, you don't see much love for these froggies. Sure, it's a little quirky in appearance, and that 4x weakness to Psychic stings badly (something that's unique to the line, mind), but I've come to see just how cool those poison frogs are. Granted, I don't know for sure if the line is loved or hated, but there seems to be at least a lukewarm feeling toward it, but now I've come to love it.

I barely see any love for Orbeetle and it makes me sad.

Same goes for Arctozolt, Dracovish and Dracozolt. Dracovish is only getting love for its battle prowess after it was shun by those same people before. But to me, these are precious babies that must be protected.

She's not a Pokemon (lol) but as I was saying in the thread that I made I seem to be the only person that likes anime Iris (she's my favorite travel companion).

Jynx. I managed to beat most of Stadium almost single-handedly using her. The fact that she was fast and almost always OHKO everything made her pretty great to use. This is why I was horribly disappointed when she didn't get an evo like Electabuzz and Magmar did.

I looked around this forum and saw that there were a lot of "what Pokémon do you dislike" threads when it comes to people's opinion about different Pokémon. That's a bit negative, so I decided to make a more positive one!

I've seen people dislike Charizard, Lucario, Greninja and all those fan favorites because they are "oversaturated", but other people like those Pokémon because of their popularity. Personally, I like them because they look cool, and especially Lucario because of its aura aspect. Greninja is also excellent competitive-wise, because of its two Abilities Protean and Battle Bond.
And some people dislike Decidueye's evolutionary line because it's bad in Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon playthroughs, it seems. But I think Decidueye is a nice concept (a shadow stitching owl), and it's definitely a Pokémon to consider getting in a forum RPG (since base stats don't matter in forum roleplaying games).

So, how about you? Are there any Pokémon that people around you seem to not like, but that you like?

I've seen soooo much hate towards the eeveelutions and other popular pokemon I like, I can see why people hate charizard for all the focus it got, but the others got almost nothing from GF/TPCi beyond the plushies and whatever gimmick time will make us forget. A pokemon that's appealing for most of the fandom is a success.

There is also jynx, but it's just somewhere on the lower end of extremly average, but because 99% of the fandom hates it, it should count.

I like the elemental monkeys (hides in a box and disappears)

TRUBBISH AND GARBODOR!!
I always thought Trubbish was cute after an episode from the BW series. Though, when I first encountered Garbodor in the games, I thought it was pretty ugly. However, I ended up renting one in BW2 for the Pokemon World Tournament, and it’s Weak Armor+Toxic Spikes+Explosion combo was so fun to use! I’m so glad that Oleana, one of my favorite characters in SwSh, has one as her ace and her most trusted Pokemon :’)

I'm perfectly fine with Mons like Lucario and Greninja. Both have great concepts, lore, battle-potential, and more. Sure, they're all over the place, but that's because they're actually pretty cool and have good strengths. While I'm meh-ish to Charizard, I don't hate it, as I can see it's appeal (a fire-breathing dragon, something all kids like, and it looks more like a dragon than Dragonite does), so I can't hate it. I'm neutral toward it, but I don't hate it, as I understand why it's popular.

And like @Eeveely I like the Elemental Monkeys. I mean, for example, Simisage is one of the best things to happen to Grass-types, being a Grass Mon with an actually diverse movepool and decent stats, especially since it's an early-ish Mon. Simipour is also very solid, especially since it learns Scald naturally, which is a stupidly powerful move due to that high Burn chance for a Water move. Simisear is bit of the oddball, but it still has an overall decent movepool for a Fire-type.

People also seem to talk smack about Incineroar. They all call it "ugly" and such. To me, the Mon is just oozing with personality, something that most Mons from the 3D-era tend to lack. It's also pretty solid overall in terms of battle strengths and moves. I mean, it was considered the king of Gen 7 competitive simply due to Intimidate and its solid movepool. I also like it's lore and inspiration, which just makes it even more personable to me. Of the Gen 7 starters, it's my favorite.

And speaking of Fire Starters, I actually like Emboar a lot, too, yet everyone hates it. Yeah, sure, it is the third Fire/Fighting Starter, but the lore behind it is so cool. Plus, it's shiny is just awesome, with the blue flame beard and cool color scheme. It also actually has a movepool, a stupidly diverse one to be exact, unlike Samurott and Serperior, who are quite limited (and the latter really needs Contrary to actually be useful at all, which I find to be a bad thing). Yeah, Emboar does need Reckless to be super useful, but even without it that insane movepool, beefy HP and attacking stats cover pretty much all its bases, so it actually doesn't depend on its HA like Serperior does. But everyone talks smack about it, but I feel it's the only good starter of the Unova trio without even needing its HA because it's just so diverse with its options.

People also seem to talk smack about Incineroar. They all call it "ugly" and such. To me, the Mon is just oozing with personality, something that most Mons from the 3D-era tend to lack. It's also pretty solid overall in terms of battle strengths and moves. I mean, it was considered the king of Gen 7 competitive simply due to Intimidate and its solid movepool. I also like it's lore and inspiration, which just makes it even more personable to me. Of the Gen 7 starters, it's my favorite.
Incineroar was also pretty useful to me when I played both SM and USUM. I also liked how it trolled Smash fans by killing the Grinch Leak. If you don't know what that is, it was the Smash equivalent of the Piuk leak.

I LOVE the 3 alola starters and their final forms, the mid-stages is rather forgettable like most other starter's first evos, I'm very surprised to see all the hate they get,it's beyond what I'd expect, but it's probably cuz genwunners refuse to NOT nitpick brainlessly, but that's a can of worms I won't care about, and if they refuse to find the newer games enjoyable and like to hate ,I couldn't care less.

As I've posted in the past I really like Unown. It's just a really neat concept. I don't care what anyone says.

I also really like Samurott. I've seen a lot of people dislike it for being different from its two pre-evolutions, but I find that to be a strength. Whatever Dewott was headed toward, it was looking to be an abomination on the level of Incineroar, but instead we got my favorite final starter evolution.

Incineroar was also pretty useful to me when I played both SM and USUM. I also liked how it trolled Smash fans by killing the Grinch Leak. If you don't know what that is, it was the Smash equivalent of the Piuk leak.

I already hated Incineroar before that (as my post history here shows) but I feel like I hated it even more after that.

I already hated Incineroar before that (as my post history here shows) but I feel like I hated it even more after that.
In my case, it caused to forgive Namco and Nintendo for including Decidueye instead of Incineroar in Pokken. Because excluding the wrestler from the fighting game made so much sense. It could have been a great Zangief/King expy!

Sorry guys, but there's an official poll that confirms that Greninja, Lucario, Charizard and Eeveelutions lovers are the majority. As for me:
  • Pineco has always looked cute to me in a strange way.
  • Same with Unown, it's a very mysterious Pokémon.
  • Marshtomp is the best thing in the Poke-universe.
  • Regice.
  • The Gen 4 babies get unfair hate.
  • Palpitoad.
  • The first stage elemental monkeys aren't that bad.
  • Crabominable.
  • Charjabug.
  • Chewtle and Stonjouner are lovely.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom