• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Moves that Pokemon should/should not be able to learn

Doduo/Dodrio: Beak Blast
Clawitzer: Beak Blast - It’s huge claw looks like a beak, and we have fish who know Peck, so it’s not that unusual.
What the above users said regarding Peck, and Beak Blast is explicitly based on a Toucan's real life ability to heat and cool it’s Bill. Toucan Beak Is New Kind of 'Heating Bill'

Doduo and Clawitzer aren’t toucans.

While you’re correct, signature moves do not remain signature moves very long. Look at Water Shuriken, Spiky Shield, and Mystical Fire? There are handfuls of signature moves that have eventually landed their way on to other Pokémon. My reasoning is that Dhelmise has a “wheel” thus being able to spin and create moves, like how it can learn Whirlpool. I would even given Flame Wheel.

Speaking of Flame Wheel, why does the Rattata line learn it? It doesn’t even have wheels. Unless it’s related to the “hamster” concept. In which case, give Rattata Aura Wheel too.
Aura Wheel's mechanics are totally dependent on Hunger Switch. The moves which are dependent on a Pokemon's mechanics tend to stay exclusive: like King's Shield.

AURA WHEEL FOR ALL MINUS AND PLUS ABILITIES AND ACTIVATION FOR THE USERS LIKE IN A DOUBLE BATTLE???
OR REACTING WITH THEM?

AURA WHEEL FOR ALL MINUS AND PLUS ABILITIES AND ACTIVATION FOR THE USERS LIKE IN A DOUBLE BATTLE???
OR REACTING WITH THEM?
Don't think so. When they do things like that, they tend to hard-code the special properties to the Pokémon. So, yeah, I don't think they would give it to another Pokémon.

Possibly. But then Aura Wheel's type would probably have to be something different, maybe from Electric to Steel and back? And what about Morpeko, then? I don't know. *Shrug*

NORMAL OR OTHER TYPING WOULD BE WELCOMED... ROTOM SHOULD LEARN IT ACTUALLY.

Back to move conversation.

Moonblast should be more accessible. Right now, it's only available via level-up and Egg Move. Even if its accessibility/availability weren't changed, at least give it to the Togepi line. Togetic and Togekiss are Fairy and Flying-type, and the moon is way up high in the sky, so the whole Togepi line really should get Moonblast (since there's no reason to exclude Togepi itself from getting the move). I don't understand why they don't.

Last edited:
? The move that changes types depending on the memory held? That's pretty specific to Silvally. I could see it getting a sig move where it changes type based on the Sweet held, but I don't think it needs Silvally's move.
So I guess that Alcremie should get a signature move (I'll call it Alcremic Retyping) where it changes its secondary type depending on the Sweet held, as I'll explain below:
When an Alcremie holds this Sweet......it should change its secondary type to:
Strawberry SweetFighting
Blueberry SweetWater
Love SweetPsychic
Star SweetElectric
Clover SweetGrass
Flower SweetFire
Ribbon SweetFlying

Now that I'm raising one, I noticed that Bouffalant learns Throat Chop. Like... HOW is that possible? From what we've seen, Throat Chop is, well, a chopping move similar to Cross Chop. So, how does an afro-wearing buffalo chop? Does it cross its front legs and strike the target? Or does it just simply ram them with its afro-covered horns? That... is a very odd choice of move for a buffalo Mon. It also learns Close Combat, too. How does that work? Does it rear up on its hind legs and start whaling on the opponent in a similar vein to Staraptor? Or does it merely smack them around with aforementioned afro horns? Those are some strange moves for a 70's Disco Stu bison.

Back
Top Bottom