• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Changes/Additions you would make in an update to SwSh

I found the way that Pokémon on jobs returned to boxes was too annoying while I was trying to build my Galar dex so I didn’t use the feature after an initial play around to see how it worked.

This, too, is terrible. Why couldn't there just be a designated Poké Jobs box that you store the Pokémon in, and then they come back to? Or just have it work like Poké Pelago... that feature managed to exist just fine without throwing my system of organization into a blender. Even in Sword & Shield, Pokémon that you've registered for a Battle Team don't disappear from the box, and you can even move them around as you like - you just can't do anything like release them or change their held items until the battle season is over.

I actually got a ton of usage out of the EV Pokéjobs. Whenever I finished the game for the day I'd put all my Pokémon in for 12-hour EV courses, and it lets me passively train reserves without needing to grind money for them.

Everyone going into box 1 was annoying though. I ended up using box 1 as the "returned from a job" box with others for actual storage.

My solution to the PokeJobs issue was to leave Box 1 empty and reorganize all boxes, so each one stores Pokémon of 2-3 typings.

I really miss the GTS, I would have already used all the Popplios I've received in the GTS for obtaining trade evos or rare Pokémon. And I don't have space in my phone to run that scam app.

There should be the option to pay some watts to obtain some weather on a certain area, as many Pokémon are hiding behind particular weathers and I'm not a patient person. I know it wouldn't be realistic but it's not the craziest thing they've done.

There should be the option to pay some watts to obtain some weather on a certain area, as many Pokémon are hiding behind particular weathers and I'm not a patient person. I know it wouldn't be realistic but it's not the craziest thing they've done.
They could just make an NPC that will use a weather move if you pay them.

You haven't had those for the last 4 years?

i see your point but like, i tolerated festival plaza for pretty much two reasons:

1) the minigames. i liked the minigames when they were first a thing and they were fun to have when you were competing with other players. nowadays it's boring, but it was a nice novelty when it was first a thing. iirc you get FCs for prizes for the facilities so it was nice to do to farm those.
2) the facilities. i like the idea of facilities. the execution, not so much. i think the fact that Sophocles would give you a random facility (to my knowledge?) meant that how much fun you had with your plaza is directly tired to how rare your facilities are and as such are entirely up to RNG.

i think some facilities like the rare kitchen have far better use than say, haunted houses, but i think the idea was cute enough. the features got old enough to me that i stopped using most of it and if i wanted to trade with a friend, i just had to connect twice (why game freak?) and trade with them and be done.

tl;dr festival plaza was annoying, but i had enough patience to look past its flaws.

unfortunately however, Y-comm is just.... not it. it's really not. i don't see why game freak can't develop an adequate online infrastructure similar to PSS because they've done it once before, why do they have to drop the ball for the second generation in the row this time around? @_@

the Y-comm is infuriating so i'd just replace it with a more intuitive online searching/matching system altogether.

starting to really get "i miss PSS" vibes

I’ve been doing a replay of Kalos the last week or so; not only do I miss PSS as a function in general, but the game is constantly asking me if I want to use it.

Yes, bitch, I do want to use it. But now it’s offline forever, so quit reminding me that for half a generation, we had a convenient, well thought out system for interacting with other players online.

I really like being able to customize my character, bug I’d give it up in a heartbeat for PSS in SWSH.

do you think that new strict Galar pokemon could get alternate evolutions on the island or new forms?
like Morpeko, Cramorant and some others? rest of the fossils?

feels like there should be more non legendary then legendary...

I hope those pokemon that dont have flying type but look like flying get magnet rise

If they would bring back Grass Whistle then would make it confuse pokemon that it can't put to sleep and make it have accuracy 60% like Hypnosis

Last edited:
Everyone:*complains about the weather and the pokéjobs taking so long to work*
Me, who uses exploits:
monkey_looking-300x161.png

After having sold a bunch of exp. candies, I have to say I'd really like it if we were given the ability to manually select a specific number of items to sell, rather than having to scroll to the right number. It's super annoying having to scroll up from 1 or down from 999 to get to the correct number I want.

After having sold a bunch of exp. candies, I have to say I'd really like it if we were given the ability to manually select a specific number of items to sell, rather than having to scroll to the right number. It's super annoying having to scroll up from 1 or down from 999 to get to the correct number I want.

For what it’s worth, you can skip by units of 10 by pressing left or right.

Quick Draw? would 30% activation rate or priority ball and bomb moves were better?

hmmm some moves power that double I get means occasionally, would make only Poltergeist work diffrently when having self a object too and add it a confused or flinched state to target depending on amount of objects...

Corosion gas, we have a Knock Off without damage??? they could make 50 damage for both with those effects...

Gastro Acid also should get the same damaging power with its effect.

I like the rest of the moves seem balanced but would hink of changing overpowered Defog taking away its terrain removal bc we have Steel Roller now and hope we get more diffrent moves.

love scorching sand is great hope for a poison and electric moves with burning effect in future

Last edited:
Quick Draw? would 30% activation rate or priority ball and bomb moves were better?
Considering the only ball/bomb move Slowbro gets is Sludge Bomb, I'd say it's much better off the way it is now.
I like the rest of the moves seem balanced but would hink of changing overpowered Defog taking away its terrain removal bc we have Steel Roller now and hope we get more diffrent moves.
Overpowered? It just clears effects, it's not that OP.

The constantly changing raids... Or rather, the fact they lock away parts of gameplay? After finishing the main-game and post-game story, there sadly was very little reason for me to touch the game anymore. I'm not big on collecting, so while I like that they change up the Raids cause I suppose it's a fun activity for people who do, it's not a reason for me to start up the game again. Honestly, I find it almost stressful that I'd have to play the game in a very specific timeframe just to get a specific goodie I might not even ever use. And I know it's nothing knew, Mythical Pokemon have always been around, but those are far fewer in number? I just feel like Sw/Sh unnecessarily locked a lot of things behind 'events'

Also yes, PokeJobs is a downgrade from Pelago in many ways.

I wish that all G-Max moves had unique animations. The newest, entirely unique ones from the Isle of Armor are the best, and I don't have too much of an issue with ones like Smite or Finale which replace Max Starfall's stars with lightning or cream (though that's not to say that having even more unique animations wouldn't be better), but ones like Foam Burst and Volcalith where the only difference is the particle aftereffect are a letdown.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom