• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Masters Pokémon Masters General Discussion Thread

I am not sure how easy it is to believe they would add Gen 8 content before all the other gens. I would think they would flesh out Gen 1 - 7 characters and Pokémon before the Gen 8 ones, but I think from my end, that is just wishful thinking

i think we've made some decent progress as far as generational representation, but i think there's some room to improve. we have some of the evil team leaders for example, but i'm not quite sure if archie and maxie are ever going to be a thing (if they aren't, already). but so far, not bad. i haven't played too much of masters as of late, but i'm pleased with what i'm seeing,

speaking of being pleased, im happy with the new login bonuses o: perhaps i'm a tad greedy because i wanted more gems to summon with, but this will do fine, i think.

I still want them to make gems more widely available. They've definitely made improvements, but it still takes me ages to farm them. I have no idea how people manage to get forty thousand free gems. Either that or they need to make the sync pair scouts cheaper. Three thousand gems for ten sync pairs is a complete rip-off. Maybe it wouldn't be that bad if they rotated the three and four star sync pairs instead. It is so upsetting to spend thousands of gems and not even get the newest Sync Pair. I got Leaf instead of Dawn, so it's at least better than the last Sync Pair scouting event for me, but they really need to improve the odds of getting the newest character. It is not fun to spend so many gems just to get nothing but repeats.

Ugh... They're introducing a stamina system to the game; this could end up coming across as really exploitative, depending on how they implement it...

Oh, and Shiny Pokemon. They say it's gonna be rare, but how rare could it really be? Definitely not on the level of the main games.

I enjoyed Masters for not having a Stamina system. I feel pretty ambivalent about it since increased rewards and all, but at the same time, a bit hesitant as to how to approach it.

Also, internal shiny hunter screams

Yeah, I'm not that familiar with this stamina system, but I was relatively fine with how collecting items worked. I still want it to be easier to stock up on free gems or have them reduce the price for scouting, but getting event items was usually pretty easy. I don't know if the stamina system will be helpful or not.

I'm also not sure how they'll handle Shiny Pokemon, especially when we can't really hunt for them like in other games.

Yeah, I'm not that familiar with this stamina system, but I was relatively fine with how collecting items worked. I still want it to be easier to stock up on free gems or have them reduce the price for scouting, but getting event items was usually pretty easy. I don't know if the stamina system will be helpful or not.

I'm also not sure how they'll handle Shiny Pokemon, especially when we can't really hunt for them like in other games.

ensue a sudden surge of alt accounts to shiny hunt the Pokémon

Does anybody else think we might be getting a trailer for the Klara & Swimsuit Cynthia events in the next Pokémon Presents stream on the 24th?

Now that the Isle of Armor is out it'd make sense to promote it in Masters, and Swimsuit Cynthia could be a summer-themed Sync Pair similar to how Rosa's Party was based around Christmas.

But either way, if all of that turns out to have been an elaborate fake leak, then the faker will never be forgiven.

Does anybody else think we might be getting a trailer for the Klara & Swimsuit Cynthia events in the next Pokémon Presents stream on the 24th?

Now that the Isle of Armor is out it'd make sense to promote it in Masters, and Swimsuit Cynthia could be a summer-themed Sync Pair similar to how Rosa's Party was based around Christmas.

But either way, if all of that turns out to have been an elaborate fake leak, then the faker will never be forgiven.

Honestly, Swimsuit Cynthia sounds incredibly fake to me. It just sounds more like what some fans would want to see Cynthia's Sygna Suit to be instead of what it actually could be. Besides that, it would be incredibly annoying to give her any kind of Sygna Suit when she and the other Champions aren't available outside of special events.

Honestly, Swimsuit Cynthia sounds incredibly fake to me. It just sounds more like what some fans would want to see Cynthia's Sygna Suit to be instead of what it actually could be. Besides that, it would be incredibly annoying to give her any kind of Sygna Suit when she and the other Champions aren't available outside of special events.
That, and it would be pretty out of place considering Pokémon is almost free of fanservice.

I'd rather they add all the characters from the older games before moving on to releasing a bunch of sygna suits. I don't think there are too many Gym Leader/E4/champions left from each generation to add, at least...

I agree. I think finishing up the roster of gym leaders would make the game feel more complete and just fuller in general. They are doing that right now with the recent additions of Jasmine and Burgh, so a step in the right direction!

I think having Sygna Suits be punctuated and coordinated with events is better. SS Grimsley was coordinated with the Legendary Arena Entei release, which I think is good seeing Sharpedo quite literally counters Entei, and to celebrate the first legendary arena. Their anniversary is coming soon too, so that is a good opportunity for sygna suits too, although I would prefer summer specials haha.

I am not sure how easy it is to believe they would add Gen 8 content before all the other gens. I would think they would flesh out Gen 1 - 7 characters and Pokémon before the Gen 8 ones, but I think from my end, that is just wishful thinking

Well they got stuff true. I would doubt that would be inaccurate.

Also, for normal story events, they got reset. I don’t have to participate because I already have Caitlin.

I'd rather they add all the characters from the older games before moving on to releasing a bunch of sygna suits. I don't think there are too many Gym Leader/E4/champions left from each generation to add, at least...

Don’t forget semi-finalists and finalists. I’m sure hoping Chase, Elaine, and Trace will
appear.

Oh yes! In SwSh, the finalists are rivals and gym leaders.
Oh, I thought you were referring to anime characters for some reason. :bulbaFacepalm:

The gym leaders and rivals willl definitely appear at some point if SwSh characters are added.

Back
Top Bottom