• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Dialga and Palkia can combine in the remakes
Given the statue looking like their theoretical combined form, it could be done through a distortion of time and space.

I hope Dialga and Palkia can combine in the remakes
My initial reaction was that It kinda doesn't make much sense compared to other fusions,but then the space-time thing exists,the theory says that they are the same entity and the whole fusion of 4 dimemsions thing or whatever (I don't even have the right to get a driving license, don't judge my knowledge of complicated physics). So they could loosely explain it that way, loosely since from my understaning, if they followed science, they should have always been one pokemon.

Given the statue looking like their theoretical combined form, it could be done through a distortion of time and space.
A conbined form is what it doesn't seem to be, a pixelated masterpiece is what it is
ET5u_f1UMAEYB19.png
Yes, I'm ignoring the manga's existence

A conbined form is what it doesn't seem to be, a pixelated masterpiece is what it is
Yes, I'm ignoring the manga's existence

I don't think it even requires "ignoring" the manga; the manga just took a weirdly literal liberty with interpreting it, and I acknowledge that, but I don't think it's significant. In the context of the games, I think it's quite clearly meant to be an optical illusion that can pass for either Dialga or Palkia. It's not intended to represent a fusion or a hybrid; keep in mind that the text on the statue differs between versions. In Diamond, it only has the (faded) inscription about Dialga, and in Pearl, it only has the (faded) inscription about Palkia. Diamond and Pearl remakes would almost certainly be paired versions, so there'd be no reason to merge them like Platinum did. (Plus they could always do what Platinum could have done but didn't do and just... like... put a second statue somewhere else, like Celestic - then you'd even have a statue on either side of Mt. Coronet which is nice and symmetrical.)

I'd have to check my notes, but I remember an NPC in the games even implying the existence of a third statue (likely for Giratina) that we never see, which again, just makes me feel like each deity is supposed to have its own statue.

You know, if there are going to be Sinnoh remakes in Gen 8, then I wonder (not tremendously so, but a bit) about redundancy with the Crown Tundra. One of, I think, the more noteworthy things about Sinnoh is its abundance of Legendary Pokémon; it's the first time there were so many, which ties into its whole idea of being a land of mythology. It's got its main trio and the lake guardians, then Heatran, Cresselia, and Regigigas plus its underlings, as well as the Kanto birds if we include Platinum. All of which are getting sniped by The Crown Tundra's big centerpiece features.

I'm not saying it's a huge massive problem; obviously Dialga and Palkia would likely get upgrades of some kind and the Kanto birds being present could provide a source for their original forms if those don't appear in CT. But it does feel a little awkward - like didn't we just go hunting through caves and ruins for Heatran and a bunch of Regis? Didn't we just catch Dialga and Palkia?

I'd have to check my notes, but I remember an NPC in the games even implying the existence of a third statue (likely for Giratina) that we never see, which again, just makes me feel like each deity is supposed to have its own statue.
No, they were not talking about a third statue. They were talking about a third inscription that you can later read at the Veilstone Galactic Building.

You know, if there are going to be Sinnoh remakes in Gen 8, then I wonder (not tremendously so, but a bit) about redundancy with the Crown Tundra. One of, I think, the more noteworthy things about Sinnoh is its abundance of Legendary Pokémon; it's the first time there were so many, which ties into its whole idea of being a land of mythology. It's got its main trio and the lake guardians, then Heatran, Cresselia, and Regigigas plus its underlings, as well as the Kanto birds if we include Platinum. All of which are getting sniped by The Crown Tundra's big centerpiece features.

I'm not saying it's a huge massive problem; obviously Dialga and Palkia would likely get upgrades of some kind and the Kanto birds being present could provide a source for their original forms if those don't appear in CT. But it does feel a little awkward - like didn't we just go hunting through caves and ruins for Heatran and a bunch of Regis? Didn't we just catch Dialga and Palkia?
Thing is, Ho-oh and Lugia are going to be in the CT along with the legendary beasts, which by this logic, would make it awkward for a Let's Go Johto in Gen 8 as well.

I would say that the legendaries were more a feature of Platinum than a feature of Diamond and Pearl, who were focused more on gender differences, online, Super Contests, the underground, etc. They could make Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Heatran and Cresselia feel special again if they get good cinematics and an important role in the story.

The Kantonian version of the birds are already confirmed to be in Crown.

I would say that the legendaries were more a feature of Platinum than a feature of Diamond and Pearl, who were focused more on gender differences, online, Super Contests, the underground, etc. They could make Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Heatran and Cresselia feel special again if they get good cinematics and an important role in the story.

True. But that still leaves Regigigas - if we're going to go through ruins to collect Regis and unlock a Regigigas in the Crown Tundra, doing that all over again in DP remakes would feel repetitive. Though I guess maybe the Snowpoint Temple could instead be used for unlocking a new, non-shitty form of Regigigas if one is brought over.

The Kantonian version of the birds are already confirmed to be in Crown.

Confirmed to be in the code, yes, but as instances of the species we can actually catch for ourselves within the DLC?

Like, the Isle of Armor has the Diglett quest and the trading NPCs to provide the missing regional forms, but it would be odd to have an NPC trade you a regular old Zapdos for your shiny new Galarian Zapdos which you can presumably only obtain one of.

If anything I think it just shows that we're in the usual production cadence. Main gen game finished last year, so they've probably started early work on Gen 9, and in the meantime are developing 1) an upgrade to the existing game (E: which this time has taken the form of DLC) and most likely 2) another Gen 8 game that won't require the same amount of development as something altogether new. It just remains to be seen whether that's Sinnoh or not (the only other thing I think it could be is another Galar game/another round of DLC, though I think they'd prefer the profits of a full game).

I mean I guess~ there's the other possibility that we could be looking at the first generation to have a only single core game release, but I doubt that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom