• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia War of the Elements v7 Do-Over - Endgame - 06/22/2020

I had fun although I was mostly busy and DW carried a lot of the game. I'd be interested in more in the future :)

I think I might try pasting the chart to my log in the future. Would be so much easier than switching tabs. Though I mostly worked from my iPad so it wasn’t as bad this time.
Use this one then

View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17HJ4QXjtWWifo6qzQcdjKRNl3t9yUG8TGa6X41RsCBE/edit?usp=sharing

Just make a copy of my template. Names on the right side automatically update with names on the left.
Blank cells are yellow. Entering a 0 makes them red and entering a 1 makes them green.
I often use the column next to the right names for extra info like moves they have or a summary for attack results.

Should this Pair concept carry over into a future version? If so, what changes are necessary, if any?
I'd be happy to see another paired version in future. I personally can't think of much that could do with changing

I agree with LG. Though Only possible improvement I could see is try to balance their move sets a bit more. I basically had to make jinjo do all the work because my moveset wasn’t very useful, especially later game.

I'm not sure how to improve, but this version, at least to me, felt more luck based. Yes there are decisions to make but after some games you figure the optimal moves to use. I remember in v4 having a move that prevented people from checking me. Having more of those would be nice.
And I personally would like to see more player interactions in some way.

Good game, everyone! Thanks to Max for hosting, prog for being a great teammate, and congrats to the other winning pairs!

I agree that the pair system works well. Even if one moveset may appear more useful than the other at first glance, with a bit of puzzling and planning (and accidentally figuring out we could send our last phase moves separately) we figured out a way to budget our attacks effectively to win just in time.

Pair 1
HumanDawn:
Air Slash on FinalArcadia: Normally Effective
Reversal on Crystal Onix: Did Not Affect
Assurance on Space: Normally Effective
U-Turn on Lone_Garurumon: Normally Effective

Fatima Shadow Frost Witch
Blizzard on DarthWolf: Normally Effective
Iron Head on Tood: Not Very Effective
Reversal on Jinjo: Not Very Effective
Hydro Pump on Jinjo: Normally Effective

Pair 2
Rainbow Cloud
-

FinalArcadia
-

Pair 3
DarthWolf
-

CyanideCrystal
-

Pair 4
Midorikawa
Dazzling Gleam on Tood: Not Very Effective
Zen Headbutt on Lone_Garurumon: Normally Effective
Zen Headbutt on Space: Super Effective
Flamethrower on Lone_Garurumon: Normally Effective

Jinjo
Nuzzle on HumanDawn: Super Effective
Nuzzle on DarthWolf: Normally Effective
Nuzzle on Tood: Normally Effective
Nuzzle on dawn dusk: Not Very Effective

Pair 5
Lone_Garurumon
-

dawn dusk
-

Pair 6
Tood
-

DawningWinds
-

Pair 7
Space
-

Crystal Onix
Shock Wave on Jinjo: Normally Effective
Will-o-Wisp on Tood: Not Very Effective
Will-o-Wisp on Fatima Shadow Frost Witch: Super Effective
Will-o-Wisp on dawn dusk: Super Effective

Pair 8
prog rocker
Superpower on Crystal Onix: Did Not Affect
Plasma Fists on HumanDawn: Super Effective
Acrobatics on FinalArcadia: Normally Effective
Acrobatics on DawningWinds: Super Effective

MegaPod
Zen Headbutt on dawn dusk: Normally Effective
Power Whip on CyanideCrystal: Super Effective
Zen Headbutt on Zorchic: Did Not Affect

Pair 9
Zorchic
Aerial Ace on Rainbow Cloud: Normally Effective
Night Slash on DarthWolf: Normally Effective
Grass Knot on DarthWolf: Not Very Effective
U-turn on DarthWolf: Normally Effective

ThatAsianInTheCorner
Earthquake on Midorikawa: Normally Effective
Earthquake on Space: Super Effective
Earthquake on Tood: Super Effective
Earthquake on FinalArcadia: Normally Effective
Were these results also given?

Then why weren't we allowed to make a round of attacks?
Despite the notification I sent to everyone after Rainbow Cloud and FinalArcadia sent in a correct list, neither of you sent any attacks before moving straight onto final guesses.

A different pair has gotten all Types correct. Your move results will come as soon as possible after submitting them. Use them for a final Types guess list.

Back
Top Bottom