• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN030: The Reluctant Pikachu and the Exasperated Barrierd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black&White

Reaction score
Dephender translated the guide. No summary and likely not the full title

Airs July 26th

Or maybe the title tells us about how Pikachu is reluctant to give up its mascot/ace spot permanently to Riolu?

1586900089046.gif

Last edited:
I'm leaning towards it being a different Pikachu for now, but we'll see.
Although if it is Ash's...maybe sort of an inverted Pikachu's Goodbye where he actually is tempted to leave over something but decides against it?

With a title like that... Anything can happen for all we know it can be another Pikachu.

IT CAN BE GO'S PIKACHU!!!!!
I imagine they'll give Gou one eventually, possibly with a different hairstyle like Sparky or the Groose Pikachu from Sun/Moon, or make it a female Pikachu--I figure they'll want his to look different from Ash's in some way, at least.
...actually if Gou gets a female Pikachu Buneary might have more competition to look out for!

Or maybe the title tells us about how Pikachu is reluctant to give up its mascot/ace spot permanently to Riolu?
Between Pikachu, Riolu, and Raboot we've got a three-way mascot showdown brewing.
If Ash actually does catch an Eevee it'll be absolute chaos.

I think it would be about Kangaskhan. The way they're hiding information, and not even the title is the final one must mean something.
Hopefully Ash will catch it but not for battling purposes (not like if he was ever to use his other 29 tauros) just so he can stay with Pikachu.
However, Pikachu can leave for a short period of time (10 episodes?) Just to help the group with some situation and then return. When he returns it can be symbolical in the sense that, from that episode on, some of Ash's older mons will start returning as well

Yeah, getting the feeling this will be someone else's Pikachu... :unsure:

Man, feels like it's been ages since we've got any new titles. Hope the title refers to Ash's Pikachu, episodes with actual character development for him are always pretty good. Could just be a comedy episode or filler referring to a different Pikachu though. Pikachu has been with Ash MUCH longer than the Kangaskhan, so an episode where he's tempted to return to them would feel very forced.

Man, feels like it's been ages since we've got any new titles. Hope the title refers to Ash's Pikachu, episodes with actual character development for him are always pretty good. Could just be a comedy episode or filler referring to a different Pikachu though. Pikachu has been with Ash MUCH longer than the Kangaskhan, so an episode where he's tempted to return to them would feel very forced.

The show was on disease hiatus.

And I hadn't thought of Kangaskhan....oh heck here's a thought. Kangashkan has a trainer and is battling Ash.

If Kangaskhan isn't going to battle under Ash then it's dead weight as far as I'm concerned. Might as well just give it to Go

Not if the story is Kangaskhan is owned by an abusive trainer (PWC match) (not visually abusive, but you know clearly not with a good trainer), and Ash rescues it.

I don't mind Ash getting a Pokemon for rescue Pokemon purposes, it could get a single battle, but I think catching a Pokemon just so its protected and taken care of would be more of an Ash thing than a Go thing.

And it would make more sense for it to go with Ash. Again it doesn't need to be a battler. Dead Weight is an irrelevant term based on certain contexts, because it shouldn't hinder Ash's ability to get MORE Pokemon. It's not going to fill a space for something better like Tyranitar/Corviknight/Grimmsnarl or anything. It's just going to be under Ash's care so Ash can protect it from potential bad trainers out there.

Again I personally wouldn't mind a Pokemon like that, especially if its either the same Kangaskhan that took care of Pichu, or the baby Kangaskhan all grown up.

Edit: If it is just a reunion and not laid out the way I described then I would understand not wanting Ash to get it if it's not going to be used.

Last edited:
Not if the story is Kangaskhan is owned by an abusive trainer (PWC match) (not visually abusive, but you know clearly not with a good trainer), and Ash rescues it.

I don't mind Ash getting a Pokemon for rescue Pokemon purposes, it could get a single battle, but I think catching a Pokemon just so its protected and taken care of would be more of an Ash thing than a Go thing.

And it would make more sense for it to go with Ash. Again it doesn't need to be a battler. Dead Weight is an irrelevant term based on certain contexts, because it shouldn't hinder Ash's ability to get MORE Pokemon. It's not going to fill a space for something better like Tyranitar/Corviknight/Grimmsnarl or anything. It's just going to be under Ash's care so Ash can protect it from potential bad trainers out there.

Again I personally wouldn't mind a Pokemon like that, especially if its either the same Kangaskhan that took care of Pichu, or the baby Kangaskhan all grown up.

Edit: If it is just a reunion and not laid out the way I described then I would understand not wanting Ash to get it if it's not going to be used.
This is a fantastic plot idea

Thing is that Kangaskhan is one of my favorite Pokemon. I would hate to see it do nothing under Ash. If they don't want it to battle just give it to Go. Or just let it stay wild. We've had recurring Pokemon who remained wild like that Oranguru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom