• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Regarding the dragon's villainy, it sounds like you've answered your own question.

Regarding the second, why would person B be tasked with such a thing if they have no way to accomplish it?

Regarding the dragon's villainy, it sounds like you've answered your own question.
Yeah. I believe I did answer my own question about the Dragon's villainy.

Regarding the second, why would person B be tasked with such a thing if they have no way to accomplish it?
I did think about it and decided that person B can breathe fire. I just need a justification as to why he is teaching person A in how to do it...
Perhaps Person B can't fight the dragon because of an injury that prevents him from using it fully (like there is an organ that got damaged in a fight or something). That is why Person A is there; to aid person B.

How do I make not too obvious that a reformed villain is watching certain people under a cloak? He talks to the main character who rants about his actions and stays quiet.

How does one write a character who is later revealed to have been dead for a long time? Like, here is what I am picturing:
Bob arrives at the Pokemon League to compete. He meets up with his old friend Billy. Bob competes in the League and wins. Billy then challenges Bob to a battle. Afterwards, Bob learns that Billy has been dead for a few years.

How does one write a character who is later revealed to have been dead for a long time? Like, here is what I am picturing:
Bob arrives at the Pokemon League to compete. He meets up with his old friend Billy. Bob competes in the League and wins. Billy then challenges Bob to a battle. Afterwards, Bob learns that Billy has been dead for a few years.

i'm kind of confused? do you mean that billy would be undead in some way, like a ghost or a zombie, or someone who's stolen the real billy's identity, or that billy wasn't really there and bob was hallucinating somehow? or is the goal precisely to make it totally ambiguous? because in all those cases you'd write billy differently, provided that you want to hint at the truth along the way, which you probably should do, as otherwise the twist wouldn't really tie into anything or make sense.

a zombie could feel cold to the touch and look very pale, while an identity thief wouldn't know things that the real billy would and would get details wrong in questions. in terms of hallucination, bob could only see billy when no one else is around or other characters would act like billy wasn't there. it would also be good to give bob some reason to be hallucinating as it really doesn't happen unless something is physically or mentally wrong. for the totally ambiguous one, you'd mix different symptoms together in a way where each scenario would be plausible.

outside those, the character is pretty much free to be written in any way that a character can. being shy or boisterous doesn't really make you less or more likely to be dead.

i'm kind of confused? do you mean that billy would be undead in some way, like a ghost or a zombie, or someone who's stolen the real billy's identity, or that billy wasn't really there and bob was hallucinating somehow? or is the goal precisely to make it totally ambiguous? because in all those cases you'd write billy differently, provided that you want to hint at the truth along the way, which you probably should do, as otherwise the twist wouldn't really tie into anything or make sense.

a zombie could feel cold to the touch and look very pale, while an identity thief wouldn't know things that the real billy would and would get details wrong in questions. in terms of hallucination, bob could only see billy when no one else is around or other characters would act like billy wasn't there. it would also be good to give bob some reason to be hallucinating as it really doesn't happen unless something is physically or mentally wrong. for the totally ambiguous one, you'd mix different symptoms together in a way where each scenario would be plausible.

outside those, the character is pretty much free to be written in any way that a character can. being shy or boisterous doesn't really make you less or more likely to be dead.
No. What I mean is, Billy shows up and seems like he is alive and very much a normal person, when he is in fact a ghost. Like, if Bob never discovered that Billy had died, he would never learn that Billy is in fact a ghost.

Hope that clears things up.

No. What I mean is, Billy shows up and seems like he is alive and very much a normal person, when he is in fact a ghost. Like, if Bob never discovered that Billy had died, he would never learn that Billy is in fact a ghost.

Hope that clears things up.

i did mention in my reply what would be done if billy was "undead in some way, like a ghost or a zombie". if you want to hint at the fact that he's a ghost, you would have him do things that would be suspiciously reminiscent of a ghost, such as disappearing or appearing in a location seemingly too fast or having access to places a normal human wouldn't have (if your ghosts can phase through walls). if you don't want to hint at the fact that he's a ghost, i don't think you can make a good story like that as the reveal would just seem tacked on at the end and not really have any point. hope that clears things up.

i did mention in my reply what would be done if billy was "undead in some way, like a ghost or a zombie". if you want to hint at the fact that he's a ghost, you would have him do things that would be suspiciously reminiscent of a ghost, such as disappearing or appearing in a location seemingly too fast or having access to places a normal human wouldn't have (if your ghosts can phase through walls). if you don't want to hint at the fact that he's a ghost, i don't think you can make a good story like that as the reveal would just seem tacked on at the end and not really have any point. hope that clears things up.
Sorry. Must have missed that part.
Thanks.

Can I write Victor vs Leon as a 1v1 against Inteleon and Charizard? A full battle could strain the Champion because of his injuries.

I'm including a throwaway mention of taxidermy in a Pokémon Mystery Dungeon fanfic. Is it too out-of-place?

Huh. That sounds… kinda morbid to me. In a setting where there are sentient creatures, having them stuff the skins of other sentient creatures sounds… unsettling, to say the least.

If you have regular animals that are stuffed it might be passable at best, but if you have Pokémon stuff other Pokémon it veers very heavily in horror/grotesque territory. Kinda makes me think about something a serial killer would do, to be fair.

So, you need a very good reason to justify taxidermy in a PMD setting, imo.

Huh. That sounds… kinda morbid to me. In a setting where there are sentient creatures, having them stuff the skins of other sentient creatures sounds… unsettling, to say the least.

If you have regular animals that are stuffed it might be passable at best, but if you have Pokémon stuff other Pokémon it veers very heavily in horror/grotesque territory. Kinda makes me think about something a serial killer would do, to be fair.

So, you need a very good reason to justify taxidermy in a PMD setting, imo.
This is what I was thinking, honestly.

@Nitro Indigo, do you mean they have normal animals to stuff? I'd find that fairly normal, at least.

I should give some context: there's no actual taxidermy involved. A character just compares something he's never seen before to an "abomination of taxidermy".

I should give some context: there's no actual taxidermy involved. A character just compares something he's never seen before to an "abomination of taxidermy".

he would still have to know what taxidermy is, which would mean taxidermy was a thing in the universe, so the effects are practically the same

How can I keep a protagonist's anger to an anti-hero who doomed their country reasonable?

you're gonna have to be a bit more specific than that. doomed how, and how are you afraid that the anger would go overboard? it's a pretty justified thing to be mad about.

you're gonna have to be a bit more specific than that. doomed how, and how are you afraid that the anger would go overboard? it's a pretty justified thing to be mad about.
A scene in GDH where Victor confronted Rose after Eternatus was defeated. However I discussed the scene with others in the writing group. Victor would be mad after seeing his hero nearly get killed by Eternatus.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom