• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN028: Sobbing Messon

Status
Not open for further replies.
So two of my fears for this episode became true: Galar characters not appearing and Sobble's crying being played for laughs :bulbaFacepalm: The third strike would be Ash doing SM faces to cheer Sobble.

Ah Kanto 2.0. Refresh my memory on which captures.

You can count Pidove then officially getting Oshawott and then Tepig right after that (so that's 3 Pokemon in consecutive order) and then Scraggy following that with Sewaddle.

Palpitoad and Roggenrola come super close but are separated by an Iris episode.

But with regard to this series, it's highly doubtful a consecutive capture will happen as they seem to be pacing Ash's Pokemon captures, at a reasonable rate of 5-7 episodes, and I feel like they might keep that going, with maybe the occasional three episode gap or something. But who knows it would help to know how many Pokemon Ash will actually get this series.

Is this our first look at Nurse Joy in the Galar Region? I hope they have a different design to differentiate them from Nurse Joy's in Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh.

Is this our first look at Nurse Joy in the Galar Region? I hope they have a different design to differentiate them from Nurse Joy's in Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh.

Most certainly since the Nurse Joy in the SwSh games has a new design.

Oh my God...Sobble really is going to Go.

I mean, I'm not mad in the slightest; after all, this means that Ash getting Greninja back is a legitimate possibility. But I heard enough outrage about "other characters stealing Pokemon that should go to Ash" back with Eevee in SM, so I think I'll make good on my word and stay off Bulbagarden for three weeks or so until the vitriol wears off. If you need me, I'll be in my bunker.

I'm sort of pissed. Unless Ash getting a lot of Pokemon, they decided instead of a starter that would benefit more being on Ash's team, they decide to overlap typings by having Ash's next capture be a fighting type.

And on top of that, Go is getting Sobble and Morpeko.

Whatever. It's going to be wasted on Go's team.

Ash is getting Sobble. We saw that scan that listed Sobble amongst Ash's other captures (Meaning it makes no sense its going to Goh, since then, the scans lose all credibility).

Unlike Sobble, Galarfetch'd could go both ways, since it hasn't been teased on scans in either of the teams.

Previews also hinted that JN027 was going to be more about Raihan-Leon rivalry but it was anything but. There's also the magazine scan that was hinting at Sobble being an Ash capture. At this point, it seems like anything can end up happening so I won't put too much faith into previews or advertisement anymore unless they literally confirm the details, like the magazine scans showing which Pokemon Goh would catch in Unova/Kalos. IIRC, there haven't been any such details connecting Goh and Sobble outside of this preview.

The preview could end up being a red herring in the end, since there has been a lot of misleading advertisement recently (none of it felt like it's meant to intentionally piss off people with nostalgia bait like with what happened in the first 9 episodes, except this one).
this means that Ash getting Greninja back is a legitimate possibility.
Eh, why not Sobble going to Ash and Greninja returning? Mentor-student type of relations among Pokemon are interesting which we see rarely on-screen (the last one being Hawlucha-Noivern and it wasn't explored well) and Sobble- Greninja can click together very well.

Last edited:
Previews also hinted that JN027 was going to be more about Raihan-Leon rivalry but it was anything but. There's also the magazine scan that was hinting at Sobble being an Ash capture. At this point, it seems like anything can end up happening so I won't put too much faith into previews or advertisement anymore unless they literally confirm the details, like the magazine scans showing which Pokemon Goh would catch in Unova/Kalos. IIRC, there haven't been any such details connecting Goh and Sobble outside of this preview.

The preview could end up being a red herring in the end, since there has been a lot of misleading advertisement recently (thankfully none of it feels like it's meant to intentionally piss off people with nostalgia bait like with what happened in the first 9 episodes).

Exactly. Makes no sense to show Sobble on a scan listed amongst Ash's other captures if he isn't getting it, since it means the scans have lost all credibility, especially since it came from an official source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom