• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Changes/Additions you would make in an update to SwSh

dunno if this has been mentioned already, but it sure would be nice to include some dive areas.

with how big the Isle of Armor's sea is, you'd think there'd be some space to dive underwater. =s
Specially when you have that amount of sea... Perhaps they thought that running from Sharpedos was what we all were about

ice type version of move grassy glide called icy slide that reacts the same way in hail

fire and grass switching moves, grass could be Petal sweep , fire maybe Backfire?

Falinks and fighting types would deserve a shielding move called "Retreat shield" to switch the user out. a protect with switch out effect.

Alcremie getting secodary ability Ice Body to get hp during hail imagine that...

Last edited:
Alcremie getting secodary ability Ice Body to get hp during hail imagine that...
Why would a whipped cream monster be able to heal itself from hail raining from the sky? Nothing about its design or lore connects it to ice, heck, it can’t even learn any Ice type moves.

I do think it would be neat if each color or decoration had a secondary ability specific to it though. For example, heart decoration Alcremie would have Cute Charm as a secondary ability while the clover Alcremie would have Super Luck.

Last edited:
Go back to the mainland Wild Area, and just beautify it. More trees, logs, rocks, puddles, reeds and other water detail; it's staggering how much difference the extra bit of polish makes to the Isle of Armour's wetlands, even without the extra verticality and caves of the other IoA areas. The pop-in feels so much less obnoxious when the screen is full of natural details, rather than the barren open fields of the early Wild Area.

Edit: beat me by about a minute, Skalesgon.

Last edited:
I do think it would be neat if each color or decoration had a secondary ability specific to it though. For example, heart decoration Alcremie would have Cute Charm as a secondary ability while the clover Alcremie would have Super Luck.

omg yes, I love this

Suggestions for the others:

Berry - Natural Cure (loosely referencing all the health benefits of blueberries)
Star - Dazzling (self-explanatory and it's not Gen 7 anymore so Bruxish no longer holds a trademark on the ability)
Flower - Flower Veil (could give it a sort of niche for Grass teams; Alcremie is already a cooperative Pokémon thanks to Decorate)
Ribbon - I'm tempted to say Fairy Aura just for the fun of biting Xerneas's style, but more realistically let's say Friend Guard (again, playing the cooperative angle but in a more widely applicable way)

Not sure what to do for Strawberry, that could be interpreted many different ways

Last edited:
ice type version of move grassy glide called icy slide that reacts the same way in hail
I know Grassy Glide has more BP, but this still feels really redundant with Ice Shard existing.
omg yes, I love this

Suggestions for the others:

Berry - Natural Cure (loosely referencing all the health benefits of blueberries)
Star - Dazzling (self-explanatory and it's not Gen 7 anymore so Bruxish no longer holds a trademark on the ability)
Flower - Flower Veil (could give it a sort of niche for Grass teams; Alcremie is already a cooperative Pokémon thanks to Decorate)
Ribbon - I'm tempted to say Fairy Aura just for the fun of biting Xerneas's style, but more realistically let's say Friend Guard (again, playing the cooperative angle but in a more widely applicable way)

Not sure what to do for Strawberry, that could be interpreted many different ways
Maybe Sap Sipper, Harvest, or Ripen? Though, those would fit with the Berry Sweet as well.

It would be cool if the flavors each did something different too. Like maybe if Decorate did something different things based on the flavor?

Maybe Sap Sipper, Harvest, or Ripen? Though, those would fit with the Berry Sweet as well.

Either Ripen or Harvest would fit, yeah. Strawberries are the earliest fruit to ripen every year, but if they wanted to keep Ripen exclusive to the Applin line for now, Harvest would be a good choice too since it regenerates a used Berry, which you can justify by looking at how strawberries are a perennial plant. (Again, this'd work for the Berry Sweet as well, but I'm already too attached to my Natural Cure pick.)

Alternatively, maybe Strawberry should correspond to Sweet Veil, so that it's not a coin toss (between Slot 1's Sweet Veil and Slot 2's accent variable) for what Ability you'll get when you go to evolve Milcery.

Maybe each flavor adds a slight resistance to a particular type? For example, mint cream could provide a Fire resistance because mint has a cooling feeling.

Spitballing...

Vanilla - Ensures that the target of Decorate also gets first move priority on the next turn (just something basic)
Ruby - I'm not sure???
Matcha - Restores the target's HP (matcha is derived from green tea leaves so I'm thinking it should be something restorative)
Mint - Fire-type damage resistance works, and maybe let's expand that to granting immunity to Burn; I've kind of arrived at the idea that these should be one-turn benefits though (since you're already getting a +2 in Attack and Special Attack) so idk if this bonus effect is as good as the others in that context though
Lemon - Cures the target's current status conditions (another "vitamin C and antioxidants are good for you" spin)
Salted - Boosts the power of the users's offensive moves on the next turn (basically giving it STAB for all its attacks, kind of like Steelworker but not type-specific; my thinking here is how salt enhances flavor)

Not sure what to do for the Swirls. Part of me thinks that since there are six "basic" flavors and three "swirl" flavors, you could just have them grant two of the basic flavor effects simultaneously, but that would make the Swirls head-and-shoulders preferable to the basic flavors. (Unless maybe the Swirls' dual effects were randomly drawn from the other six? But then why have three distinct Swirls if they all work the same way?)

If all that's too complex, I have a simpler proposition based on your initial idea of Fire resistance, which is that, since there's nine total flavors and eighteen types, that works out to two type resistances per flavor. So you could have something like (and I'm not going to justify my assignments too deeply just yet since this is just a mock-up):

Vanilla - Normal and Flying resistance
Ruby - Rock and Ground resistance
Matcha - Water and Dark resistance
Mint - Fire and Fighting resistance
Lemon - Electric and Poison resistance
Salted - Ice and Grass resistance
Ruby Swirl - Steel and Bug resistance
Caramel Swirl - Psychic and Fairy resistance
Rainbow Swirl - Dragon and Ghost resistance

Why would a whipped cream monster be able to heal itself from hail raining from the sky? Nothing about its design or lore connects it to ice, heck, it can’t even learn any Ice type moves.
I actually do get where he's coming from here, as a play on "icing"- even though Alcreamie's mostly whipped cream, the cake tier GMax still gives it an association with icing.

To be able to talk with Leon when he comes around after the fight against Eternatus. How would he be effected physically?

More people, houses and just general 'stuff' for pretty much all of the major settlements. I want to surf down the Motostoke canals, ride the Galar Hurricane and visit more than just the mere lobby of the Rose of the Rondelands (seriously, you made the Palace of Westminster a hotel?). It speaks to time and/or money pressures that the largest city of the flagship Pokemon game on Nintendo's latest console feels as though it has less going on than Castelia City from Gen V.

I want to surf down the Motostoke canals

I definitely spent far too long trying to discover a secret passage into the Motostoke canals. There's that NPC kid who asks you to help find their pet Minccino, and says that it likes water, so I thought for sure, it must be somewhere along the waterways. Never occurred to me that it would just be hidden by the fountain next to the stadium, lol.

and visit more than just the mere lobby of the Rose of the Rondelands (seriously, you made the Palace of Westminster a hotel?).

I agree it would be nice if it weren't just a lobby, but converting it into a hotel makes sense. Pokémon has never really had a desire to illustrate the legislative sphere of its world, and it being one of Rose's properties instead fleshes out the local economy. If I may steal an observation from Pokémaniacal's blog:
"Meanwhile, Wyndon also has a building based on the Palace of Westminster, the grand 19th century complex where the Parliament of the United Kingdom meets. Wyndon’s version is not a government building. It is a hotel, the Rose of the Rondelands, named for Chairman Rose and owned by his company. And, well, yes, it’s generally true that the Pokémon games are not interested in politics or how regional government works, so it’s not like I’d expect Galar to have a full-fledged bicameral legislature that we can visit and watch in action. All that stuff has always just been assumed in the background, not shown to us explicitly. Whether they meant it or not, though, Game Freak have recklessly gone and done a symbolism with this one, and I am bloody well not going to let them get away with it. There are no Houses of Parliament, and in the place where they should be, there is a fancy hotel whose income is driven by tourism to the colossal Pokémon League stadium (loosely based on Wembley Stadium, but also designed to look like a red rose), which in turn was built by another of Rose’s companies and is run by a Pokémon League that he leads. Hell, even his name is significant; roses are England’s national flower and a symbol of the English monarchy. In the absence of a Parliament, the one with all the power in Galar is Chairman Rose. I mean, I don’t want to use the phrase “corporate dystopia”… but frankly I just did!"

its a cake later in gigantamax form meaning ice or cold desert?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom