• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh What little things, details, and other small additions in Sword/Shield that you like

I like that Wonder Trades can be cancelled as long as you realize your mistakes immediately. (I remember SMUSUM having a timer but I don't remember if you could cancel it or not lol)

I also like that pressing down with Exp Candies and Dynamax candies shows the maximum amount you can give to that Pokémon. Do proteins also work that way? That'd be great.

I also like that pressing down with Exp Candies and Dynamax candies shows the maximum amount you can give to that Pokémon. Do proteins also work that way? That'd be great.

Not just proteins, but everything works that way. Any time you are prompted to select how many items you want to apply to something (be it using on a Pokémon, buying them, selling them or whatever) you can do this, and as I mentioned to someone else a while back, you can also use the right and left arrows respectively to make the quantity jump up or down by 10.

I'm not sure when precisely this was implemented, but I'm pretty sure it's been the case for a couple generations now at least, because for me it's just muscle memory :X3:

Considering this was in a trailer, I guess this was just added.

The trailer was showing off the ability to feed more than 10 of a vitamin to a Pokémon, which wasn’t possible until SWSH

League Cards are a great Step up over Trainer Cards. It’s fun to customize and show off your personality and artistic talent, especially since you can show off them in online battles and collect them from friends.

That's what I was talking about.

Nicholas721 and I were talking about the ability to press down on the D-pad when using an item in order to jump from 1 directly to the maximum possible amount usable, and they were asking if that also worked with Proteins as it does with Candies (which it does, because it works with every usable/purchasable/sellable item). This would be true regardless of if vitamins were still limited to 10 or not, because it’s not about vitamins specifically.

Nicholas721 and I were talking about the ability to press down on the D-pad when using an item in order to jump from 1 directly to the maximum possible amount usable, and they were asking if that also worked with Proteins as it does with Candies (which it does, because it works with every usable/purchasable/sellable item). This would be true regardless of if vitamins were still limited to 10 or not, because it’s not about vitamins specifically.
Ah, I was confused. Sorry.

League Cards are a great Step up over Trainer Cards. It’s fun to customize and show off your personality and artistic talent, especially since you can show off them in online battles and collect them from friends.

Not only that, but the character album is a fantastic idea that adds so much depth to Galar without it necessarily being directly impactful on the main story, and I especially appreciate that the second card in each instance usually adds a hint of intrigue or uncovers hidden tension. The game doesn't exactly signpost all the additional information, either; it's almost... Dark Soulsian storytelling.

I like the details in these cards, like Kabu using the same pic for both cards (classic boomer move), Opal's handwriting being..the way it is, Raihan's pic is a selfie, Nessa's rare card being basically a random photoshoot from somewhere (she also appears in a what I think was a perfume ad in Wyndon).

I want more poses. Could take from poses different trainer classes and the gym leaders and things make.

Also let us put one of our pokemon on our cards! Klara, Avery, and Honey in her rare card get to!!

Let me collab with other Gym Leaders, dammit!

I just realized recently while replaying Sword that part of Hop’s and Leon’s encounter themes are similar, more specifically towards the end of each song. Here’s the songs for both Leon and Hop for comparison. The similar part is at around 0:49 and 0:56 respectively. I haven’t listened to their themes thoroughly enough to know if there’s any other similar sections.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom