• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN032: Celebi: A Timeless Promise

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's odd to bring up Dialga, which sent Ash and co. to ancient Sinnoh, and then say that ancient Johto is "really unlikely". Prehistoric Unova was seen in a two-parter that didn't feature any time travel Pokemon, too.
Dialga was a movie incident though, I just don’t particularly expect prehistoric shenanigans till some preview tells me so. The summary doesn’t indicate any of it.

You don't start fleshing out a character by throwing them into a mythical-driven episode with little context. That'd just be cheap.
That depends on the execution, though. Well, its cheap enough that the only female in the cast is relegated to a glorified background character. Not saying that this episode should be her focus, but still.

Wait, is this going to be the explanation for "you're one of those people" from episode 3?
I think it very likely will be. I expect this to be quite an emotional episode, especially since we know from episode 1 that Goh had no interest in making friends aside from Chloe. Tokio was probably the only new friend he ever made until he met Ash. From how it sounds, it was quite a meaningful friendship as well, as he had finally found someone who could relate his strong interest in Mew. After being supposedly abandoned by him, I don't blame Goh for not trusting Ash in the beginning. It also probably explains why he doesn't think highly of himself, which was most strongly shown in episode 22 when he thought Raboot hated him and would be happier without him.

I’m always down for Go development since I really like him, so I’m looking forward to this episode!

Cannot say the same.

However this maybe a chance for me to take a like on him.

In some positive feedback in the 4 episodes after Galar it does not seem to be any catching spree so we will have to wait.

Re-reading the summary, well hearing it read out on Youtube got me thinking.

In the past, Goh's friend met Tokio but he never showed up the next day. So maybe he found Celebi and got sent three years into the future to the present day
Celebi sending children to the future yet again, should've been Sakuragi instead of a CotD

I was terrified this episode was going to be about another throwaway COTD like the Ho-Oh episode...I am all for an episode that expands on Goh's backstory!

So it seems that "you're one of those" comment to Ash really had meaning behind it, huh? I was so hoping it would and we'd get expansion on that! Excited for this one.

We waited two months for three fillers to be revealed...and only one contains region hopping...

I guess that more time-travelling drama is cool, and it's a nice way to promote the movie. I'd also like this to explain something about Go's lack of friends but I don't want this to be the only reason.

I'm glad that the summary was revealed before people's expectations skyrocketed.

I wonder if this will be a missed opportunity to bring up the GS ball

I doubt it will be mentioned, it would be very distracting from the plot.

So it's an episode about Celebi set in Azalea Town that's about Gou and some random CotD and not Ash and the GS Ball despite being set where Kurt lives? Why are we back to this bait and switch 'here's a ton of superficial references to old stuff but we're not actually going to show you any old stuff' bullshit like Ho-oh and Piplup/Croagunk?

It will be nice if we get some Gou backstory, but I really thought we were done with the bait and switch rubbish from early JN.

So it's an episode about Celebi set in Azalea Town that's about Gou and some random CotD and not Ash and the GS Ball despite being set where Kurt lives? Why are we back to this bait and switch 'here's a ton of superficial references to old stuff but we're not actually going to show you any old stuff' bullshit like Ho-oh and Piplup/Croagunk?

It will be nice if we get some Gou backstory, but I really thought we were done with the bait and switch rubbish from early JN.
I personally fail to see where exactly the bait and switch you're talking about is.

Every Celebi appearance is like that Oprah meme where she gives everyone in her studio audience the same gift; AG gets a Celebi episode, SM gets a Celebi episode, JN gets a Celebi episode, everybody gets a Celebi episode!

Convince me they aren't doing this to make up for Joe after the torture that the previous few weeks were because of all what was revealed.

This should be an easy and pointless task so don't waste your time doing it

I don’t get being upset about a Celebi episode taking place where Celebi has been found in the games since Gen 2? The only similarities between this episode and the GS Ball plot is that it’s about Celebi and it’s set in Azalea Town. The GS Ball got scrapped, it’s never gonna show up again, so Kurt doesn’t serve any purpose even if he did show up.

Celebi isn’t exactly wanting for more screen time but I don’t mind.

we’re obviously gonna see Goh as a kid- which is why we need time travel

At least it doesn't seem to involve time travel...

They could have sent Satoshi and Go anywhere else in Johto and could still have connected it to Celebi (I mean, if one can randomly pop up in Alola). But no, they're sending the two to the same freakin' town where Satoshi left the GS Ball and you just know it's not going to even get mentioned.

They could have sent Satoshi and Go anywhere else in Johto and could still have connected it to Celebi (I mean, if one can randomly pop up in Alola). But no, they're sending the two to the same freakin' town where Satoshi left the GS Ball and you just know it's not going to even get mentioned.
In theory maybe the old writers really want to wrap that up now that there's a series that's giving them the chance.

I wouldn't count on it but after Aura suddenly returned...

But it makes sense though? Ilex Forest is right next to Azelea Town and is the place most associated with Celebi. It'd make less sense for Goh and Tokio to search for Celebi anywhere else because they'd be most likely spurred to hunt based on the local legends.

For all we know, Kurt might actually make an appearance with the GS Ball in the background just to screw with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom