• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Archie Sonic Mafia, Endgame: TBA (4/8/20)

Nothing against Mario but I grew up with the Sonic games so they'll always hold a preference for me.

I think this vote has served it's purpose now though.

Unvote: Snowy

I think Human is more on about the minimal effort with those 'joke votes' as the ones that gave a reason for the vote have a bit more thought and the potential to start conversation in them. Just stating RNG looks a bit more like it has CWAC potential.

Also somewhat surprised by @TheCapsFan 's early reads even if they are gut ones, not seen anything from Fatima, Snowy of FA that stands out as better or worst than anyone else, all of Snowy's most recent post was fluff responding to previous posts that were fluff?

Oh you will be seeing more posts by me as the game goes on

I've been in enough games with FA,HD,Mido to know how they play and I've never once seen them defend anyone
That’s sad, and probably says something bad about us.

Sayng a vote is because of RNg is setting yourself up with an excuse of “it was because of rng” and this giving a way to avoid responsibility.

Hmm, I kind of like Space's nonchalant attitude about what I said. Completely unpressured, but maybe it's because I haven't voted her for it?

I'd like a vote count, but I guess I will have to do it myself. Gone are the days I can get a 100% accurate vote count by clicking once...

I don't really see how RNG is any worse than any other of the usual D1 excuses for a joke, though. Feels pretty NAI since I know I HATE D1 and dread having to make an initial post D1 regardless of alignment because it always feels so forced when there's nothing to really work with yet, so RNG doesn't really seem like any worse of an "excuse" than what I or pretty much anyone else did/does when they're all flimsy ways just to try to start the game.

Also, I like that Caps at least gave a solid opinion on players. By "solid," I mean something that gives a definitive opinion, not necessarily solid in reasoning since there wasn't much. Seems like he's at least wanting this game to move on from the D1 doldrums, though having a good feeling about me early does make me a tiny bit paranoid since I know I can be pocketed kinda easily and I'd only posted twice lol.

Snowy responded well enough to having the most votes for now. Fluff, but not exactly a ton you can do right now when all the votes weren't for anything you can defend against. He at least didn't seem panicked at all.

Zorchic said:
A little bit of both, I'd say.
Did you get anything useful out of it as a pressure vote?

UNVOTE: Snowy
VOTE: Jinjo

You mention coming in here late, but that has been the only thing you've posted rather than anything that could really move the game along.

Sayng a vote is because of RNg is setting yourself up with an excuse of “it was because of rng” and this giving a way to avoid responsibility.
Wouldn't it only be avoiding responsibility if a wagon or something started on it, resulting in a lynch? I'm failing to see the big deal about saying a vote--during the beginning of Day 1--was rng when the majority of Day 1 votes are just silly/nonsense reasons. Imo the ones making it into a big deal kind of catch my eye.

Also, I like that Caps at least gave a solid opinion on players. By "solid," I mean something that gives a definitive opinion, not necessarily solid in reasoning since there wasn't much. Seems like he's at least wanting this game to move on from the D1 doldrums, though having a good feeling about me early does make me a tiny bit paranoid since I know I can be pocketed kinda easily and I'd only posted twice lol.
He gave his opinion but it seems kind of strange considering there's not much to go off of right now to get towny feelings on players. I don't really see how him saying that he finds you, Snowy, and Fatima as good for the time being "moving on" from D1 shenanigans.

He gave his opinion but it seems kind of strange considering there's not much to go off of right now to get towny feelings on players. I don't really see how him saying that he finds you, Snowy, and Fatima as good for the time being "moving on" from D1 shenanigans.
He didn't have to put himself out there with anything that could potentially backfire on him later, though, is how I take it. Like, most of this game so far has just been goofing around, so actually saying "I think these players look good" (paraphrase) is at least some kind of a stance that people can discuss, like you are right now.

Delayed 1/3-Day Votals:
Midorikawa (2):
Luminary, Zorchic
Pika_pika42 (1): Snowy
Snowy (1): DekuNut
DekuNut (1): ExLight
ExLight (1): Pika_pika42
Tood (1) HumanDawn
HumanDawn (1): TheCapsFan
DawningWinds (1): Space
Fatima Shadow Frost Witch (1): Tood
Jinjo (1): FinalArcadia

It is currently Day 1. Day 1 will end in 45 hours and 5 minutes.
Countdown timer

I don't really see how RNG is any worse than any other of the usual D1 excuses for a joke, though. Feels pretty NAI since I know I HATE D1 and dread having to make an initial post D1 regardless of alignment because it always feels so forced when there's nothing to really work with yet, so RNG doesn't really seem like any worse of an "excuse" than what I or pretty much anyone else did/does when they're all flimsy ways just to try to start the game.

It feels like there's just that bit less of a contribution that irks me a bit. Not saying it's some big reasoning considering it's Day 1, but it's what pinged me the most. I'm okay with it now.

"Pocketed" - this is the first time I'm reading this term being used on Bulba when I heard it all the time on MafiaUniverse...

I would be very careful with TheCapsFan about him praising players. He pocketed me A LOT in Pokemon Gen IV and Superman Mafia to try to get in my good shoes... and did a complete 180 on me when I voted their scum partner.

UNVOTE: Snowy

You mention coming in here late, but that has been the only thing you've posted rather than anything that could really move the game along.

i'm going to pocket this

UNVOTE: Tood

shouldn't it be even worse if they tried to justify a RNG vote with a random reason though?

Yes, but they admitted straight up that it was a RNG vote. It felt like it was just there.

also why are you defending them hMmmMMhh

Nothing against Mario but I grew up with the Sonic games so they'll always hold a preference for me.
To be fair, I was an adult the first time I played either Mario or Sonic. Mario's style of gameplay just held more interest for me, as I wasn't interested in sonic's super-fast gameplay. (I'm a PC gamer, so I had limited contact with console games :p My main console game being the Pokemon Franchise)

Unvote: Pika_Pika42

I am a bit wary of TheCapsFan. I've done nothing to "look good". All my posts so far have been fluff, and I don't see how I can look good by posting fluff.

also why are you defending them hMmmMMhh
lmao I'm not defending them
I'm just throwing a general observation

but I see what you did there :enzap:

i'm going to pocket this
isn't pocketing when a scum is being nice to a town so they get their trust
I feel like the word here is sheeping unless you're claiming to be scum lol

isn't pocketing when a scum is being nice to a town so they get their trust
I feel like the word here is sheeping unless you're claiming to be scum lol

I'm doing both pocketing and sheeping!

Lets get more sheep on Jinjo.

lambs-328802_1280.jpg

Baa.

shouldn't it be even worse if they tried to justify a RNG vote with a random reason though?
At least then they’re taking responsibility.
Wouldn't it only be avoiding responsibility if a wagon or something started on it, resulting in a lynch? I'm failing to see the big deal about saying a vote--during the beginning of Day 1--was rng when the majority of Day 1 votes are just silly/nonsense reasons. Imo the ones making it into a big deal kind of catch my eye.
So yeah rng as a joke vote and stuff isn’t bad. The issue is if the one their vote is in gets lynched. Then they can avoid responsibility and just blame rng, and inactivity. So doing it at all opens the possibility of them setting up for that.
Midorikawa (2): Luminary, Zorchic
Well I’m going to die lol.

To be fair, I was an adult the first time I played either Mario or Sonic. Mario's style of gameplay just held more interest for me, as I wasn't interested in sonic's super-fast gameplay. (I'm a PC gamer, so I had limited contact with console games :p My main console game being the Pokemon Franchise)

Unvote: Pika_Pika42

May I ask why you unvoted Pika_Pika42?

I didn't ask Rainbow Cloud because he gave a reason.

I am a bit wary of TheCapsFan. I've done nothing to "look good". All my posts so far have been fluff, and I don't see how I can look good by posting fluff.

He did say they were gut reads, but yeah it would be better if he gave more detail about them.

Back
Top Bottom