• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Archie Sonic Mafia, Endgame: TBA (4/8/20)

UNVOTE: Midorikawa.
VOTE: TheCapsFan.

Feel better about this than keeping my vote on Midori (esp since she has two)

HumanDawn was suspecting Space of using an "RNG" excuse to lie low as scum. The way Space responded is confusing me; I don't know if they were making an excuse to hide themselves as scum or if that's genuinely a thought they had as town. Space's post here does clear that up a bit, though I'm still uncertain. Luminary has also pointed out that Tood's vote and their own vote mean about the same thing as Space's vote.

TheCapsFan seems a little reluctant to elaborate on their reads. While they are gut reads, they also seem like Caps isn't trying much to read people in depth. I'm also raising an eyebrow at how Caps came up with those gut reads; I don't feel that strongly that Fatima, Snowy, or FinalArcadia are town.

Did you get anything useful out of it as a pressure vote?
Mido responded to my vote with :bulbaWave:. That's a bit lackluster of a reaction in my opinion, as is this:
Well I’m going to die lol.
but I'll keep my vote on in case something happens to change my mind about that.

@DawningWinds Not sure if you're lurking or inactive or what, but at least let us know you're here.

He didn't have to put himself out there with anything that could potentially backfire on him later, though, is how I take it. Like, most of this game so far has just been goofing around, so actually saying "I think these players look good" (paraphrase) is at least some kind of a stance that people can discuss, like you are right now.

giphy.gif

He did say they were gut reads, but yeah it would be better if he gave more detail about them.

I just gave a bit more detail on my Fatima read. I think for the other two the gutread was that they seemed the most comfortable out of all the people who were posting.

Space using RNG to justify their vote while everyone else is voting randomly seems fine to me. I don't really consider it any worse of a vote than anyone else's.

While they are gut reads, they also seem like Caps isn't trying much to read people in depth.
Why would you have expected depth so early on? We have nothing to go on except reactions to joke votes, at least he's contributing something worthwhile to discussion.

I'm also raising an eyebrow at how Caps came up with those gut reads; I don't feel that strongly that Fatima, Snowy, or FinalArcadia are town.
Gut feelings are also often far from being strong feelings as well, idk why you seem to imply Caps is super sure about this.

The way Space responded is confusing me; I don't know if they were making an excuse to hide themselves as scum or if that's genuinely a thought they had as town.
Also do you mind explaining what you found so confusing about Space's statement here? I don't quite understand what you would find so confusing about it.

I legit don’t understand this.

I don't either but actually the thing that I don't understand about Zorchic's actions more is why they feel the need to pressure vote you on the first page of the game. It feels so premature and unnecessary.

Actually I think I'll throw my vote that way. Zorchic has been pretty jumpy with their accusations so far this game between me and you to the point where their arguments lack any foundation.

[UNVOTE]: HumanDawn
[VOTE]: Zorchic

Midorikawa said:
What does me having two have to do with it?
I didn't want to keep my vote since it was a joke one and the time for that is over.

TheCapsFan said:
Why are you thinking the opposite?
I haven't played a game with FA in a while, but FA is typically a person who doesn't like D1 shenanigans (as she pointed out) and so her previous posts that were pretty much CWAC struck me as something minimally noteworthy.

I got work coming up so sorry for missing responses up until this point.

Oh you will be seeing more posts by me as the game goes on

That's the expectation for this game from everyone.

Sayng a vote is because of RNg is setting yourself up with an excuse of “it was because of rng” and this giving a way to avoid responsibility.
shouldn't it be even worse if they tried to justify a RNG vote with a random reason though?

At this phase of the game, it would be hard to tell whether the vote is for RVS reasons or if there's malicious intent. Really, day one lynches are just hard to analyze in any part of the game, certainly in the beginning of the game.

He gave his opinion but it seems kind of strange considering there's not much to go off of right now to get towny feelings on players. I don't really see how him saying that he finds you, Snowy, and Fatima as good for the time being "moving on" from D1 shenanigans.

I'm gonna have to agree with you. The gut feeling and the fact that Snowys and Fatima's posts that gave Caps the gut reads are weird. Their posts is just standard Day One boilerplate and the fact Caps used meta doesn't swing the reasoning either way.

I don't really see how RNG is any worse than any other of the usual D1 excuses for a joke, though. Feels pretty NAI since I know I HATE D1 and dread having to make an initial post D1 regardless of alignment because it always feels so forced when there's nothing to really work with yet, so RNG doesn't really seem like any worse of an "excuse" than what I or pretty much anyone else did/does when they're all flimsy ways just to try to start the game.

Also, I like that Caps at least gave a solid opinion on players. By "solid," I mean something that gives a definitive opinion, not necessarily solid in reasoning since there wasn't much. Seems like he's at least wanting this game to move on from the D1 doldrums, though having a good feeling about me early does make me a tiny bit paranoid since I know I can be pocketed kinda easily and I'd only posted twice lol.

Snowy responded well enough to having the most votes for now. Fluff, but not exactly a ton you can do right now when all the votes weren't for anything you can defend against. He at least didn't seem panicked at all.

Did you get anything useful out of it as a pressure vote?

UNVOTE: Snowy
VOTE: Jinjo

You mention coming in here late, but that has been the only thing you've posted rather than anything that could really move the game along.

The votes on Snowy did not look serious to me and they looked like joke votes and leaving a joke vote for too long by the end of day 1 can be seen as scummy. I can see why he responded to the votes well because the votes did not look serious and they would have probably eventually been removed and be getting into a serious vote later. You said he didn't seem panicked and I'm assuming panicking is a scum tell on what you are saying. Scum doesn't need to get panicked so soon because they can easily tell their scum buddies in the scum chat to coordinate votes when the day phase is close to ending and all vote the same player if one of the scum has the most votes and make a counter wagon. We may have different opinions here but I don't see players getting panicked is a scum tell on early days and mostly it is town who gets panicked more then scum when they have the most votes. Normally when scum start to get panicked with the most votes is when one of the scum player has already been lynched meaning the remaining scum won't be able to coordinate votes easily afterwards.

You say here I came in late and it looked like it was still joke voting stage. I don't see anything scummy about coming in late not able to move the game along and I couldn't get any reads at the time during the joke voting stage and nothing pinged me at the time for me to get a scum read. I'm not the kind of player to move the game along by pressuring and I'm the kind of player who starts out slow on day 1 and if I see something that is really scummy then I would vote. Not sure if anyone here says if pressuring is towny but I don't see pressuring as towny because pressuring a player can also be a good way for scum to blend in and pressuring is mostly NAI.

It feels like there's just that bit less of a contribution that irks me a bit. Not saying it's some big reasoning considering it's Day 1, but it's what pinged me the most. I'm okay with it now.

"Pocketed" - this is the first time I'm reading this term being used on Bulba when I heard it all the time on MafiaUniverse...

I would be very careful with TheCapsFan about him praising players. He pocketed me A LOT in Pokemon Gen IV and Superman Mafia to try to get in my good shoes... and did a complete 180 on me when I voted their scum partner.

i'm going to pocket this

UNVOTE: Tood
VOTE: Jinjo

You said Caps pocketed you in Pokemon Gen IV but on day 1 I remember Caps voted you and then he switched his vote to a town player who started panicking saying wifom posts and it got lynched with the most votes. On day 2 you claimed and that was when you started getting town read by most of the players and of course scum would start to pocket you because of this.

I'm doing both pocketing and sheeping!

Lets get more sheep on Jinjo.

Baa.

You mentioned you are pocketing and sheeping and I'm assuming you are town reading FA.

I'm curious to know from other players on what they think about HD. HD won the championship as scum and from now on I will have to be cautious on his play.

It took me a while to type this and I most likely got ninja'd by other posts I will miss. I've got some stuff to take care of and I'll be back later.

lesson learned..... dont rng

Oh you will be seeing more posts by me as the game goes on

This sounds weirdly like a threat of some kind....? I'm not sure what to make of it or why you even said this

i was not saying it's eye-brow raising to like voting day 1

no, it was just an explanation. Anyway, that's the last I'm saying on this subject

Mostly a gut read, but they seem more comfortable than the last game where they rolled mafia.

I don't really like meta use here, but yeah I do think Fatima is being too conspicuous to be scum.

I'm curious to know from other players on what they think about HD.

I'm assuming you mean in this particular game and not him in mafia in general? I'm wary of him, but not yet leaning one way or the other. I find it interesting he didn't vote me but was quick to push a vote on you.

Not sure if anyone here says if pressuring is towny but I don't see pressuring as towny because pressuring a player can also be a good way for scum to blend in and pressuring is mostly NAI.
That could be said about any action. And then we just end up with WIFOM.

I'm curious to know from other players on what they think about HD. HD won the championship as scum and from now on I will have to be cautious on his play.

Eh. HDs alignment becomes clearer as the game goes on. Too early to judge. Regardless he hates inactivity so I don’t see anything strange. Though I tend to agree wth him a lot so I’m not sure I’m Best to give a thought.

On another note:

@Zorchic You said my responses were lackluster. But exactly how did you expect me to respond to your vote? “Omg you’re voting me please don’t I’m town”?

Back
Top Bottom