• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Archie Sonic Mafia, Endgame: TBA (4/8/20)

Actually, I could've worded that better - Fatima had no reason to bring attention to himself by saying w/e about his role (can't remember exactly what he said rn).

This is another reason I was townreading them, but didn't want to draw attention back to it because it got overlooked. Now that it's out there though, yeah, this is mostly why I was reading Fatima town.

We may have different opinions here but I don't see players getting panicked is a scum tell on early days and mostly it is town who gets panicked more then scum when they have the most votes. Normally when scum start to get panicked with the most votes is when one of the scum player has already been lynched meaning the remaining scum won't be able to coordinate votes easily afterwards.
In the past, I remember Snowy getting panicked and kinda shutting down under pressure as scum, which is why I felt like his very casual response to the votes was fine for now. It's been a while since I've actually played in a game with him with Snowy as a player, but his response was decent enough in tone that I don't feel like a vote on him is the most useful place at the moment.
Jinjo said:
You say here I came in late and it looked like it was still joke voting stage. I don't see anything scummy about coming in late not able to move the game along and I couldn't get any reads at the time during the joke voting stage and nothing pinged me at the time for me to get a scum read. I'm not the kind of player to move the game along by pressuring and I'm the kind of player who starts out slow on day 1 and if I see something that is really scummy then I would vote. Not sure if anyone here says if pressuring is towny but I don't see pressuring as towny because pressuring a player can also be a good way for scum to blend in and pressuring is mostly NAI.
That's fair, though I've never understood the point of popping in just to note that one is present and add nothing else. I've seen scum do stuff like that to try to look like they're here without really doing anything, but I get what you're saying and it does kind of ring a bell to me from games we'd played in the past, so I'll wait to get a better read on you once you have more to work with.
I'm curious to know from other players on what they think about HD. HD won the championship as scum and from now on I will have to be cautious on his play.
I don't really know what to think of Human yet. Even when he seems town I can't totally trust him since I've been fooled too many times lol, and nothing so far has really pinged me one way or another. I personally don't get what he was going for with the Space RNG questioning thing, but it's not really alignment-indicative to me and the sheeping on to you vote that he did doesn't bother me either since he likes pressure votes regardless of alignment.

On a somewhat-related note, Midorikawa is also hard to read in general for similar reasons, though I feel like her posts this game so far have been kind of passive? She can play aggressive as both town and scum so I don't know what it means yet, but it seems odd that she doesn't have a vote out at all this phase, even just a joke one.

----

I haven't played a game with FA in a while, but FA is typically a person who doesn't like D1 shenanigans (as she pointed out) and so her previous posts that were pretty much CWAC struck me as something minimally noteworthy.
I wasn't going to say this in the vote itself because doing so kinda ruins the effect, but my Snowy vote was largely a pressure one that conveniently lined up with the Sonic vs. Mario joking going on, hence me voting a player who already had 2 votes before me. I do dislike D1 shenanigans but I tried to take advantage of it to give someone a majority and maybe get some kind of conversation going. If that joke vote is what you're meaning as CWAC.

----

Really would like to see more from Zorchic too, since Tood's post toward him raises some good questions, and I really don't get a) why he's keeping a vote on Midorikawa when he's not even asking her anything in regards to her responses, which he said were lackluster and b) why he didn't vote Space if he seems very iffy on Space's RNG vote in post #143 and that seems even a little more solid than the Midori stuff. Leaving the vote on Midorikawa just feels disingenous to me when he says he's doing it "in case something happens to change [his] mind about that" (the lackluster reaction?) when, really, there wasn't much to respond to at all and still isn't in regards to that vote. Feels like an excuse to leave his vote alone without really pushing any players, especially after mentioning Space but then not voting Space or even questioning them for clarity on whatever was confusing about Space's response apparently. also mentioning DawningWinds makes me a bit paranoid because I've done the same thing as scum before to mention inactives as "filler" content

UNVOTE: Jinjo
VOTE: Zorchic

On a somewhat-related note, Midorikawa is also hard to read in general for similar reasons, though I feel like her posts this game so far have been kind of passive? She can play aggressive as both town and scum so I don't know what it means yet, but it seems odd that she doesn't have a vote out at all this phase, even just a joke one.

It’s because I’m feeling passive.Monday’s are hell at work for me and I’m honestly just exhausted lately so I don’t feel like exerting too much energy for a day one phase. I’ll be more aggressive when there’s actually more non joke stuff. For now I’m choosing to be more passive with bits here and there.
also mentioning DawningWinds
....I didn’t even know he was in this game.

FA brings up good points about Zorchic and I have nothing much to add myself that would be a big contribution as far as an argument goes, so I'll just

UNVOTE: TheCapsFan.
VOTE: @Zorchic

I haven't played a game with FA in a while, but FA is typically a person who doesn't like D1 shenanigans (as she pointed out) and so her previous posts that were pretty much CWAC struck me as something minimally noteworthy.

FA brings up good points about Zorchic and I have nothing much to add myself that would be a big contribution as far as an argument goes, so I'll just

UNVOTE: TheCapsFan.
VOTE: @Zorchic

Mmkay :U

FA explained herself and she also made a case for Zorchic that seems reasonable to me. Opinions can quickly change depending on how the person responds.

???

Not really understanding your bolding of certain sentences and how it's supposed to be contradictory, I guess??
You said she wasn’t contributing and then go and admit to having nothing to contribute. That’s my guess but I don’t really see the issue either. You willingly didn’t reiterate the reasons for the votes on Zorchic, and admitted to sheeping.

You said she wasn’t contributing and then go and admit to having nothing to contribute. That’s my guess but I don’t really see the issue either. You willingly didn’t reiterate the reasons for the votes on Zorchic, and admitted to sheeping.
Ok I'm not understanding the problem here. Am I supposed to just stay "suspicious" of FA for no reason at all other than for continuity's sake? I don't see how it's wrong to see that a person can reformulate their opinion. FA addressed my problems with her post.

How many votes does Zorchic have? I'm too tired to look back and see lol

Last edited:
Well I’m going to die lol.

Why would you think that with two votes? I remember you being Town in Superman Mafia and the votes changed from you eventually. I don't think with those two votes on you, you'd have any reason to be afraid.

Luminary has also pointed out that Tood's vote and their own vote mean about the same thing as Space's vote.

I think Mido put it perfectly that it's more CWACy (contributing without actually contributing).

TheCapsFan seems a little reluctant to elaborate on their reads. While they are gut reads, they also seem like Caps isn't trying much to read people in depth. I'm also raising an eyebrow at how Caps came up with those gut reads; I don't feel that strongly that Fatima, Snowy, or FinalArcadia are town.
[/quote]

Was he really that strong about them?

---

I love how I post my reads, go to bed, and wake up, and suddenly because I've been sleeping, I'm "a little reluctant to elaborate on my reads."

Well, you didn't share why immediately, so I don't see what the problem is for somebody to think you weren't okay with giving some sustanence.

I don't either but actually the thing that I don't understand about Zorchic's actions more is why they feel the need to pressure vote you on the first page of the game. It feels so premature and unnecessary.

Actually I think I'll throw my vote that way. Zorchic has been pretty jumpy with their accusations so far this game between me and you to the point where their arguments lack any foundation.

[UNVOTE]: HumanDawn
[VOTE]: Zorchic

I really don't understand what your problem with Zorchic is? You're saying you don't understand why they feel the need to keep the pressure vote when they seem comfortable with it?

This is a really bad vote... It's OMGUS level bad - Zorchic didn't even vote for TheCapsFan despite what they said. Luminary is the one that actually voted you but you go for somebody else who said something light against you and didn't even vote you for it!

I really don't understand what your problem with Zorchic is? You're saying you don't understand why they feel the need to keep the pressure vote when they seem comfortable with it?

What is the point of pressure voting someone on the first page of the game? What are they trying to gain for doing that? It was an odd thing to add considering that the vote was still placed during the RVS.

This is a really bad vote... It's OMGUS level bad - Zorchic didn't even vote for TheCapsFan despite what they said. Luminary is the one that actually voted you but you go for somebody else who said something light against you and didn't even vote you for it!

Luminary's vote didn't ping me. Zorchic's posts felt kinda like they were beating around the bush, first with Mido and then with me. THAT pings me, and I will act on my pings, as I always do.

The votes on Snowy did not look serious to me and they looked like joke votes and leaving a joke vote for too long by the end of day 1 can be seen as scummy. I can see why he responded to the votes well because the votes did not look serious and they would have probably eventually been removed and be getting into a serious vote later. You said he didn't seem panicked and I'm assuming panicking is a scum tell on what you are saying. Scum doesn't need to get panicked so soon because they can easily tell their scum buddies in the scum chat to coordinate votes when the day phase is close to ending and all vote the same player if one of the scum has the most votes and make a counter wagon. We may have different opinions here but I don't see players getting panicked is a scum tell on early days and mostly it is town who gets panicked more then scum when they have the most votes. Normally when scum start to get panicked with the most votes is when one of the scum player has already been lynched meaning the remaining scum won't be able to coordinate votes easily afterwards.

You say here I came in late and it looked like it was still joke voting stage. I don't see anything scummy about coming in late not able to move the game along and I couldn't get any reads at the time during the joke voting stage and nothing pinged me at the time for me to get a scum read. I'm not the kind of player to move the game along by pressuring and I'm the kind of player who starts out slow on day 1 and if I see something that is really scummy then I would vote. Not sure if anyone here says if pressuring is towny but I don't see pressuring as towny because pressuring a player can also be a good way for scum to blend in and pressuring is mostly NAI.

This matches what you've said in your latest games about your play, and it eases my worry from what little you ended up saying.

You said Caps pocketed you in Pokemon Gen IV but on day 1 I remember Caps voted you and then he switched his vote to a town player who started panicking saying wifom posts and it got lynched with the most votes. On day 2 you claimed and that was when you started getting town read by most of the players and of course scum would start to pocket you because of this.

Oh yeah, you're right about Gen IV. I'm still right about Superman though.

You mentioned you are pocketing and sheeping and I'm assuming you are town reading FA.

Oh, no, I just went along with it because I agreed with it. It was worth pressuring you over so you don't lay too low for my comfort ;).

I'm curious to know from other players on what they think about HD. HD won the championship as scum and from now on I will have to be cautious on his play.

Weren't you already cautious before? :p

I will say that after I won the game, I posted in the MafiaUniverse Discord chat that I copied somebody's innocent-sounding speaking patterns that would fool me as Town. I didn't say who it was, but it was FinalArcadia, so I would advise you to be more cautious of her than me. I believe that it's from trying to sound like how she speaks that I was able to be Town read in the Final 3 and get the crossvote to be between two Town, with me deciding who to lynch at the end.

Ok I'm not understanding the problem here. Am I supposed to just stay "suspicious" of FA for no reason at all other than for continuity's sake? I don't see how it's wrong to see that a person can reformulate their opinion. FA addressed my problems with her post.

How many votes does Zorchic have? I'm too tired to look back and see lol

To clarify what I was poking you about, yes, I thought it was interesting how you were quick to judge me for my town read of FA, to then turn around and sheep their vote. I think that's a reasonable thing to mention.

Zorchic has three votes, first me, then FA, then you.

I will say that after I won the game, I posted in the MafiaUniverse Discord chat that I copied somebody's innocent-sounding speaking patterns that would fool me as Town. I didn't say who it was, but it was FinalArcadia, so I would advise you to be more cautious of her than me. I believe that it's from trying to sound like how she speaks that I was able to be Town read in the Final 3 and get the crossvote to be between two Town, with me deciding who to lynch at the end.

giphy.gif

Actually, I could've worded that better - Fatima had no reason to bring attention to himself by saying w/e about his role (can't remember exactly what he said rn).

This is another reason I was townreading them, but didn't want to draw attention back to it because it got overlooked. Now that it's out there though, yeah, this is mostly why I was reading Fatima town.

i agree with both of what you are saying +1, baa

In the past, I remember Snowy getting panicked and kinda shutting down under pressure as scum, which is why I felt like his very casual response to the votes was fine for now. It's been a while since I've actually played in a game with him with Snowy as a player, but his response was decent enough in tone that I don't feel like a vote on him is the most useful place at the moment.

He improved a lot, but yeah I agree

Really would like to see more from Zorchic too, since Tood's post toward him raises some good questions, and I really don't get a) why he's keeping a vote on Midorikawa when he's not even asking her anything in regards to her responses, which he said were lackluster and b) why he didn't vote Space if he seems very iffy on Space's RNG vote in post #143 and that seems even a little more solid than the Midori stuff. Leaving the vote on Midorikawa just feels disingenous to me when he says he's doing it "in case something happens to change [his] mind about that" (the lackluster reaction?) when, really, there wasn't much to respond to at all and still isn't in regards to that vote. Feels like an excuse to leave his vote alone without really pushing any players, especially after mentioning Space but then not voting Space or even questioning them for clarity on whatever was confusing about Space's response apparently. also mentioning DawningWinds makes me a bit paranoid because I've done the same thing as scum before to mention inactives as "filler" content

VOTE: Zorchic

Hmm, I can see the case on Zorchic more here.

I'm personally throwing him a bone from this because he is still new, and I was his mentor in his first game and he would say some scummy stuff that I would have in no way approved. That said, I'm still keeping my eye on him so it will be interesting to see what he has to say here.

It’s because I’m feeling passive.Monday’s are hell at work for me and I’m honestly just exhausted lately so I don’t feel like exerting too much energy for a day one phase. I’ll be more aggressive when there’s actually more non joke stuff. For now I’m choosing to be more passive with bits here and there.

....I didn’t even know he was in this game.

last time you said you were passive you were scum in seraph... but I know completely what you mean so i don't blame you

Yeah, I think it would be worth looking deeper into DawningWinds, even if he seemingly came just now.

What is the point of pressure voting someone on the first page of the game? What are they trying to gain for doing that? It was an odd thing to add considering that the vote was still placed during the RVS.

Luminary's vote didn't ping me. Zorchic's posts felt kinda like they were beating around the bush, first with Mido and then with me. THAT pings me, and I will act on my pings, as I always do.

I do it all the time, even if it might no have as much pressure in the first place. Yeah, there is some squeeky-ness, but it would have been so much easier to just unvote and get the attention off him, but he just kept it.

I don't have a problem with Luminary sheeping FinalArcadia's vote. It sounds a bit contradictory but it makes sense they did what they did.

To be fair to Luminary, her post saying that she felt my posts were CWAC-y was made before I voted Zorchic (which was also when I addressed her CWAC thing), so sheeping makes more sense there than if it had been on my previous posts she said she was actually bothered by.
tenor.gif

glad to have... inadvertently been of help lmao

also whhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Back
Top Bottom