• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Archie Sonic Mafia, Endgame: TBA (4/8/20)

What's TMI in this context? (i'm assuming Too Much Information?)

I don't know anything about Luminary's alignment, don't see how that would affect anything I said if I did?

I think the bit contradictory part had to do with her not adding much to case and criticizing somebody earlier, but it makes sense because she admitted to not having much herself to add.

What does this have to do with meta again? Why would you be so afraid of me lynching you because I could be Mafia? You would never be able to lynch Mafia if you were scared of them lynching you if you failed - why be scared now?

I think you could be mafia since the post looked like tmi. The Snowy kill didn't make sense because he was not getting town read and he also got prodded which makes me wonder if some of the mafia are deep wolfing in this game and what were mafia trying to even do with the Snowy kill?

*sniff* Jinjo didn't even answer to half of my post and went onto something else...

DawningWinds ignored two mentions on him Day 1 - He ignored mine when he made his post to vote Pika_Pika42, which makes me think he saw it beforehand but forgot to answer it later. What gives you the impression he is "genuinely" inactive and not lurking?

Why does Jinjo seem like a mislynch?
Dawning is usually active but lately I’m games they haven’t been super active. Just a feeling so I honestly can’t say for sure.

As for Jinjo, how easy the bandwagon built up. It feels like an easy Lyn
But we don't have any reason to believe them because we haven't seen anyone claim something similar.
We don’t have reason to believe pika either.
I feel like this is ignoring the perspective from a paranoid Townie who was close to getting lynched. Taking that into account, Town would be more likely than Mafia to target him and get in danger. If Snowy targetted Pika_Pika42 then it's Snowy's fault as a play than Pika_Pika42's.
....Exactly. Town is more likely to target which is te point that not fully admitting is not townie but actually anti town, and thus scummy mc schmmy scumminess

It was for the Town read specifically - Can you go a bit more in detail about the meta itself? Like, why do you think he wouldn't something about his role as scum?
I don't really remember Fatima doing any kind of fakeclaims or anything similar to that as defense as scum, and especially not softing anything in thread. When he was scum, he felt more like he just deflected things entirely and disappeared, whereas in this game, he has some presence and is responding to people, even if those responses aren't always as thorough or clear as they could be. Like, I feel like his behavior is pretty reminiscent of his posts in my Gundam SEED game back in the day (even down to saying he'd give more info later and then it'd take a while for that to actually happen) where he was town, just with an added softclaim here. Not to say he couldn't have changed things up over time, but to me he feels so in line with what he did as town in the past and what I'd expect that it makes me lean town here.

I don't really remember Fatima doing any kind of fakeclaims or anything similar to that as defense as scum, and especially not softing anything in thread. When he was scum, he felt more like he just deflected things entirely and disappeared, whereas in this game, he has some presence and is responding to people, even if those responses aren't always as thorough or clear as they could be. Like, I feel like his behavior is pretty reminiscent of his posts in my Gundam SEED game back in the day (even down to saying he'd give more info later and then it'd take a while for that to actually happen) where he was town, just with an added softclaim here. Not to say he couldn't have changed things up over time, but to me he feels so in line with what he did as town in the past and what I'd expect that it makes me lean town here.
All my experience with him is his brutal honesty about his roles. I don’t like meta reliance, but he’s one that I’ve seen you can usually take at face value. I actually remember a game woth him admitting to being mafia. Though I don’t think I’ve ever played with him where he was mafia outside of that game....

Checked page 1 and these are the order in the players list.

Rainbow Cloud - I didn't like it when he voted me for saying my posts were mostly defensive when I made a small defense on day 1 and that made me scum read him. It looked like Luminary's vote on me was contradictory and of course I would argue on this because Luminary has been saying my posts were mostly defense on FA and HD. My defense to FA was small and there was nothing for me to defend myself with HD's vote on me because he sheeped FA with no explanation and then RC refers to my post not just from day 1 and then he says me defending myself is fine? If he says me defending myself is fine then what is the point of his vote on me? His last post was asking me if I scum read him prior to voting me. I'm assuming he meant if I scum read him on day 1 and I had him as null at the time. I'm wondering if he is trying to engage with me and if I don't see more engagement from him with me then I will put him to a scum lean.

Midorikawa - I am null on her. Her vote on Pika made sense and didn't see anything wrong with it. Pika told the cop not to visit him and then she votes Pika on day 2 saying if he was town he would have tried either keep quiet to hopefully catch mafia and take the risk to try to kill mafia with his ability or fully come out because mafia are not dumb enough to target him with a claim like that? I didn't understand Pika's claim and I saw somewhere Pika is being suspected as a pgo and then Mido said thus in reality either Pika is mafia looking to get heat off of him and was worried about a cop check on him or is an independent.

FinalArcadia - I'm town reading her and her engagement with me looked like as if she was trying to figure me out.

DekuNut - Most of his posts on day 1 were fluff and he voted Fatima for having lots of content, talks about the too important post on what Snowy mentioned saying Fatima has been playing mafia for as long as DekuNut has, saying it looked like a noob statement with most of one liners. If Fatima is town, then this looks like something mafia would place a vote on and I have DekuNut as a suspect.

ExLight - Having to look back on his day 1 posts, his scum read on Luminary looked good and his interaction with Luminary it looked like he came out better than her and his play looked towny. This is a slight town read.

Luminary - Said I defended myself when FA and HD voted me and I never defended myself when HD voted me, when FA voted me on the first paragraph I was talking about Snowy saying he didn't look panicked (realized I made a typing error and it should be panicked and not pressured) explaining on why I think scum don't need to feel pressured explaining on what I think they would have done by coordinating votes and I pretty much brought my thoughts out on this and how could she say the first paragraph was a defense? On the second paragraph I made a small defense and I started talking about saying I don't see pressuring towny because this could also be a good way for scum to blend in and I pretty much brought my thoughts on this. Luminary's vote on me also looks like she is going after low hanging fruit. Leaning scum on her and she also looks like a deep wolf.

DawningWinds - Only made 2 posts. Said he would like to look into Tood and I agree with him since I also have Tood as a suspect. I want to see more from Dawning to get a better read on him and right now he is null.

Space - She hasn't made that many posts and most of her posts have been asking questions and I was getting a bit of a coasting vibe from her. Votes Pika after Mido on day 1, hops on my wagon and it looks like she's just following players on what they are saying. I can see her as scum.

Caps - I liked his interaction with me and it looked like he was trying to figure me out asking for my reads. I'm leaning town on him.

Pika - He didn't say much and his most noteworthy post was telling the cop not to visit him and I'm assuming he softed. I'm null on him.

Pikochu - One of the players who hasn't said much. He scum reads DekuNut and I also see DekuNut as a suspect. If DekuNut is mafia, then I would put a town read on Pikochu and if DekuNut is town, then I can see Pikochu as a suspect since he said he didn't like DekuNut's attitude and I wouldn't look too much in a players attitude since this is NAI.

Tood - Isoing Tood, HD putting a bulba emoji on Tood's post on #219 was giving me scum buddy vibes. Said Fatima's posts were weird saying "if we lynch x and they're town, that would be bad" I read that as scum throwing shade. Post #222 bothered me because he said this is Zorchic's second game saying he tried to lead town at some points saying he thinks Zorchic was pretty active and then he made that unsure emote. Of course Zorchic was active at the mentor game and why was Tood unsure when he was a mentee in the game? On night 1 he said he still feels strange about Fatima especially regarding the fact they only wanted to respond during the night and I saw somewhere saying Fatima is on an ipad and it's hard for her to respond on an ipad, saying it looked like Fatima is afraid of pressure. Tood's read on Fatima looked weak and bad. Next he says he will look closer at the Zorchic wagon and he never followed up on this. I'm leaning scum on him.

HumanDawn - Said he doesn't have a problem with Luminary sheeping FA saying it sounded a bit contradictory. What HD said here looked like tmi to me and it looked like as if he knows something about Luminary's alignment even thought HD said Luminary's vote looked contradictory. HD giving a bulba emote to Tood on post #219 was giving me scum buddy vibes. Leaning scum on him.

Fatima - Posted alot and didn't really say much. I scum read Tood and DekuNut who was on her wagon and since I scum read those two players, then this makes me think Fatima is town or an independent.

Some thoughts on a few players:

Dawning - honestly, probably just not all that active? Their activity has kind of been dwindling over these past few games, and given their last post before this game was back in june, I kind of believe they've just lost interest in this site. Not that that absolves them from any suspicion at all, but I think it's something to consider, I guess. Inactive scum is probably still possible, but I think it'd just be kind of a shot in the dark to try and lynch them since we have so little on him to work with

Assuming there was a scum on the Zorchic wagon, I suppose the most suspicious person to me would be Luminary for just kind of switching their position on Zorchic once FA dropped their vote? Caps is alright for now, I guess. I acuused him of jumping onto Zorchic's wagon after FA, but it turns out it was just me getting some things confused again because I can't read :bulbaFacepalm: . I don't have much else to add regarding them, as they all seem to be actively contributing to hunting scum and haven't said too much to make me suspicious as of now, but I'll keep a look out for anything...

Fatima - I do admit that maybe I've been way too fixated on them, but,
Now that it's Night 1 I can answer some of the earlier posts so if you want them answered I will answer them all
like, what even is this? If people ask you a question, they're obviously expecting a reply. And why are they only willing to respond to questions at night instead of the day, where most of the actual discission is taking place. Even now we still haven't got much worthwhile contribution or responses from them and it feels like avoidance.
You don't really want to be voting for me just yet cause I'm too important to lose so early on in the game
If you really want to know my alliance is with then I'm going to<Town
These also bug me since they're completely unprompted and are probably the most generic possible "don't lynch me" reasons a player can possibly give. If this is just their playstyle (as it somehow seems to be?), then I guess I just need to get used to it :/ Also, just curious, but has Fatima ever subbed out of games like they did in Hollywood mafia?

I'm also kind of paranoid of HD, for mostly gut feelings, I guess. I don't like how Pika is just top town now on his reads because of the claim. Like yeah, okay maybe pgo abilities aren't a mafia thing, but it's entirely possible that Pika's just lying scum trying to get the cop off his back and the mafia just shot the cop last night by pure coincidence. I still don't understand why it's not being questioned as much. I also didn't really like the weird insistence on Space's RNG vote being suspicious D1 either. HD also broke the tie that led to the Zorchic lynch. Even though his reasoning is extremely solid for voting Zorchic, it still doesn't completely dismiss the fact that he sent a townie to death, just that he had a really good excuse to do it.

I can't see any kind of paranoid gun owner-like ability as mafia though, so that's in your favor, I guess.
Also yeah I forgot to consider people lie in mafia, so that's not in his favor anymore, I guess. Calling the cop out specifically is still a weird choice, since there's still a bunch of other useful potential town roles that could target a suspicious player, like trackers or blockers.

Probably most suspicious of Pika and HD, for now, I guess.

Jinjo wagon seems like mislycnch or indep
Why would you say it seems like indep?

Please somebody tell me that I'm paranoid for thinking that somebody wrote what Fatima should say in-thread and Fatima just copy-pasted everything and removed the "User said:" parts...

tbh I don't think this should be written as "paranoid", it's a valid concern given how odd of a post it was. We shouldn't excuse his posts for being on an ipad and besides, none of his other posts have been like that.

All my experience with him is his brutal honesty about his roles. I don’t like meta reliance, but he’s one that I’ve seen you can usually take at face value.

He hasn't been brutally honest here at all though, just super vague.

Votes Pika after Mido on day 1, hops on my wagon and it looks like she's just following players on what they are saying. I can see her as scum.

eh, I guess I can see why you and other(s?) think I'm following, but at any rate you seem to be townreading those who aren't against you and are scum leaning on those who have expressed suspicion.

Vote: DawningWinds

Still highly suspicious of Pika_pika42, but I'm more comfortable voting someone who did something scummy and whose inactivity hurts town

Tood - Isoing Tood, HD putting a bulba emoji on Tood's post on #219 was giving me scum buddy vibes. Said Fatima's posts were weird saying "if we lynch x and they're town, that would be bad" I read that as scum throwing shade. Post #222 bothered me because he said this is Zorchic's second game saying he tried to lead town at some points saying he thinks Zorchic was pretty active and then he made that unsure emote. Of course Zorchic was active at the mentor game and why was Tood unsure when he was a mentee in the game? On night 1 he said he still feels strange about Fatima especially regarding the fact they only wanted to respond during the night and I saw somewhere saying Fatima is on an ipad and it's hard for her to respond on an ipad, saying it looked like Fatima is afraid of pressure. Tood's read on Fatima looked weak and bad. Next he says he will look closer at the Zorchic wagon and he never followed up on this. I'm leaning scum on him.

My reads are uber shitty, sure. Maybe I'm way too harsh on Fatima, sure. But you use emojis as as part of your scum read on me like somehow that's any better?

:unsure: <- I use this fellow here as more of a general thinking emoji, I have no idea what it means, I just use it because it looks like he's thinking really hard. And when someone says hi, it's impolite to not wave back.

Also, regarding Fatima and the iPad, day phases are 72 hours long and they had a whole 24 hours of night phase to respond. That's still plenty of time to respond to any questions a person has, iPad or not. And that doesn't negate the fact that they were only willing to answer once night phase came around.

Dawning is usually active but lately I’m games they haven’t been super active. Just a feeling so I honestly can’t say for sure.

Okay, so what do you make of him not answering to my mention then?

We don’t have reason to believe pika either.

Well, actually Mido...

By virtue of being the first claimed bastard element in the game, we have more reason to believe him than not! My role doesn't have bastard elements (YMMV is definitely not applicable) and the other two flipped Town roles are definitely not bastard worthy. As the game goes on and we learn more, then we can be warier, but as it is, we know more about Pika_Pika42 than everyone else.

....Exactly. Town is more likely to target which is te point that not fully admitting is not townie but actually anti town, and thus scummy mc schmmy scumminess
"hey don't target me!!"
>obvious implication that it might be leading into something bad and not be worth the risk

If you are saying it's scummy for not making it obvious, then I will have to strongly disagree - because a Mafia member who would want to lie about killing people who target them to try harder to not get checked. I see more Town motivation in Pika_pika42 in being vague to not give Mafia more information.

You see where my logic is coming from... but you're paranoid for whatever reason?

Ngl, feels a bit fake...
I mean, so does your defense of Pikapika, so.

Why would you policy lynch that? What policy even is there to lynch them for that?
For the same reasons you were all up in arms about them, it looks kinda like a slip.

So you disagree with this statement? :unsure::
Oh come on. I don't disagree with his sentiment about baiting mafia, but I don't understand why that would even be a valid strategy to bait mafia? Like, let's assume he's town. After hearing "Cop please don't check me," why on earth would mafia be baited to him? What role is he in that scenario? One. might be Miller, but mafia isn't going to shoot the miller, that's stupid. Then what else could he be? Bomb or PGO? Mafia wouldn't touch that with a ten foot pole. Maybe Commuter? Well, possibly, but if he's telling the cop to target him, then he's probably commuting tonight, so unless mafia's got a strongman, that won't be a good shot.

There is literally no reason why Pikapika helps town by keeping the death part of his role to himself. And the fact that he's suddenly jumped to the top of your town list is worrisome at best and detrimental at worst.

I feel like this is ignoring the perspective from a paranoid Townie who was close to getting lynched. Taking that into account, Town would be more likely than Mafia to target him and get in danger. If Snowy targetted Pika_Pika42 then it's Snowy's fault as a play than Pika_Pika42's.

There was a wagon in between him and Zorchic though

Checked page 1 and these are the order in the players list.

Rainbow Cloud - I didn't like it when he voted me for saying my posts were mostly defensive when I made a small defense on day 1 and that made me scum read him. It looked like Luminary's vote on me was contradictory and of course I would argue on this because Luminary has been saying my posts were mostly defense on FA and HD. My defense to FA was small and there was nothing for me to defend myself with HD's vote on me because he sheeped FA with no explanation and then RC refers to my post not just from day 1 and then he says me defending myself is fine? If he says me defending myself is fine then what is the point of his vote on me? His last post was asking me if I scum read him prior to voting me. I'm assuming he meant if I scum read him on day 1 and I had him as null at the time. I'm wondering if he is trying to engage with me and if I don't see more engagement from him with me then I will put him to a scum lean.

Midorikawa - I am null on her. Her vote on Pika made sense and didn't see anything wrong with it. Pika told the cop not to visit him and then she votes Pika on day 2 saying if he was town he would have tried either keep quiet to hopefully catch mafia and take the risk to try to kill mafia with his ability or fully come out because mafia are not dumb enough to target him with a claim like that? I didn't understand Pika's claim and I saw somewhere Pika is being suspected as a pgo and then Mido said thus in reality either Pika is mafia looking to get heat off of him and was worried about a cop check on him or is an independent.

FinalArcadia - I'm town reading her and her engagement with me looked like as if she was trying to figure me out.

DekuNut - Most of his posts on day 1 were fluff and he voted Fatima for having lots of content, talks about the too important post on what Snowy mentioned saying Fatima has been playing mafia for as long as DekuNut has, saying it looked like a noob statement with most of one liners. If Fatima is town, then this looks like something mafia would place a vote on and I have DekuNut as a suspect.

ExLight - Having to look back on his day 1 posts, his scum read on Luminary looked good and his interaction with Luminary it looked like he came out better than her and his play looked towny. This is a slight town read.

Luminary - Said I defended myself when FA and HD voted me and I never defended myself when HD voted me, when FA voted me on the first paragraph I was talking about Snowy saying he didn't look panicked (realized I made a typing error and it should be panicked and not pressured) explaining on why I think scum don't need to feel pressured explaining on what I think they would have done by coordinating votes and I pretty much brought my thoughts out on this and how could she say the first paragraph was a defense? On the second paragraph I made a small defense and I started talking about saying I don't see pressuring towny because this could also be a good way for scum to blend in and I pretty much brought my thoughts on this. Luminary's vote on me also looks like she is going after low hanging fruit. Leaning scum on her and she also looks like a deep wolf.

DawningWinds - Only made 2 posts. Said he would like to look into Tood and I agree with him since I also have Tood as a suspect. I want to see more from Dawning to get a better read on him and right now he is null.

Space - She hasn't made that many posts and most of her posts have been asking questions and I was getting a bit of a coasting vibe from her. Votes Pika after Mido on day 1, hops on my wagon and it looks like she's just following players on what they are saying. I can see her as scum.

Caps - I liked his interaction with me and it looked like he was trying to figure me out asking for my reads. I'm leaning town on him.

Pika - He didn't say much and his most noteworthy post was telling the cop not to visit him and I'm assuming he softed. I'm null on him.

Pikochu - One of the players who hasn't said much. He scum reads DekuNut and I also see DekuNut as a suspect. If DekuNut is mafia, then I would put a town read on Pikochu and if DekuNut is town, then I can see Pikochu as a suspect since he said he didn't like DekuNut's attitude and I wouldn't look too much in a players attitude since this is NAI.

HumanDawn - Said he doesn't have a problem with Luminary sheeping FA saying it sounded a bit contradictory. What HD said here looked like tmi to me and it looked like as if he knows something about Luminary's alignment even thought HD said Luminary's vote looked contradictory. HD giving a bulba emote to Tood on post #219 was giving me scum buddy vibes. Leaning scum on him.

Fatima - Posted alot and didn't really say much. I scum read Tood and DekuNut who was on her wagon and since I scum read those two players, then this makes me think Fatima is town or an independent.

Okay Jinjo, that's much better, but still, who would you vote?

I'm still not seeing how that's TMI?

No comment on the Bulba emoji... wow...

Oof, I don't like this, I feel like I've seen Mido use the "scummy mc scummy" thing when she's mafia :U

Some thoughts on a few players:

Dawning - honestly, probably just not all that active? Their activity has kind of been dwindling over these past few games, and given their last post before this game was back in june, I kind of believe they've just lost interest in this site. Not that that absolves them from any suspicion at all, but I think it's something to consider, I guess. Inactive scum is probably still possible, but I think it'd just be kind of a shot in the dark to try and lynch them since we have so little on him to work with

What do you think of DawningWinds ignoring my mention?

These also bug me since they're completely unprompted and are probably the most generic possible "don't lynch me" reasons a player can possibly give. If this is just their playstyle (as it somehow seems to be?), then I guess I just need to get used to it :/ Also, just curious, but has Fatima ever subbed out of games like they did in Hollywood mafia?

I don't remember they did?

I'm also kind of paranoid of HD, for mostly gut feelings, I guess. I don't like how Pika is just top town now on his reads because of the claim. Like yeah, okay maybe pgo abilities aren't a mafia thing, but it's entirely possible that Pika's just lying scum trying to get the cop off his back and the mafia just shot the cop last night by pure coincidence. I still don't understand why it's not being questioned as much. I also didn't really like the weird insistence on Space's RNG vote being suspicious D1 either. HD also broke the tie that led to the Zorchic lynch. Even though his reasoning is extremely solid for voting Zorchic, it still doesn't completely dismiss the fact that he sent a townie to death, just that he had a really good excuse to do it.

I don't remember insisting that Space's RNG vote was suspicious. It was the thing that pinged me the most out of everyone else so far on Day 1. I didn't vote her for it, and IIRC I stopped mentioning it once the game got going? Well, I didn't need to vote Zorchic if I were Mafia. Could have voted somebody else or stuck with my vote and avoided being part of the top wagon and let the lynch happen, but we can argue and just get into WIFOM about that all day.

Probably most suspicious of Pika and HD, for now, I guess.

Is there any reason you aren't voting either of us?

tbh I don't think this should be written as "paranoid", it's a valid concern given how odd of a post it was. We shouldn't excuse his posts for being on an ipad and besides, none of his other posts have been like that.

Thanks, Space! :giggle:

I'm also kind of paranoid of HD, for mostly gut feelings, I guess. I don't like how Pika is just top town now on his reads because of the claim. Like yeah, okay maybe pgo abilities aren't a mafia thing, but it's entirely possible that Pika's just lying scum trying to get the cop off his back and the mafia just shot the cop last night by pure coincidence. I still don't understand why it's not being questioned as much.

There is literally no reason why Pikapika helps town by keeping the death part of his role to himself. And the fact that he's suddenly jumped to the top of your town list is worrisome at best and detrimental at worst.

By virtue of being the first claimed bastard element in the game, we have more reason to believe him than not! My role doesn't have bastard elements (YMMV is definitely not applicable) and the other two flipped Town roles are definitely not bastard worthy. As the game goes on and we learn more, then we can be warier, but as it is, we know more about Pika_Pika42 than everyone else.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What do you think of DawningWinds ignoring my mention?
For all we know it could have just been buried in his notifications and he didn't see it. I've missed mentions before because I don't double check them once they've been dismissed.

Da Rules said:
Please be active. A minimum of three in-thread posts are required during each day phase. Failing to meet the requirement once will result in a warning. A second time will result in either a sub-out or a modkill. The aforementioned deadlines may be shortened on the host(s)' discretion, in case where waiting for that long would disrupt game integrity too much.
He failed to meet the quota D1 with only 2/3 posts, so odds are he's dead or subbed by the end of the phase. We'll know if he's lurking or inactive if he fails to reach the 3 post quota anyway. If he shows up to make just those posts, we'll know he's just hiding, but the fact that he failed to do so D1 indicates inactivity to me.

Is there any reason you aren't voting either of us?
Not really, just kind of wanted to get my post out there because I spent a good 2 and a half hours trying to write it and was pretty irritated by the end of it.

Vote: Pika_Pika42

Back
Top Bottom