• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review JN029: Electrifying Jealousy! Wanpachi's Feelings

An okay episode for knowing Koharu past during getting lost at the playground as Yamper and Koharu bonding each other. Also, the second battle for her against Fearow as Goh tried to catch it. Plot twist: Fearow is Guzzlord in disguised and probably the same one from episode 15.

Overall rating: C+

Yay, Koharu focus with some backstory and not much screen time wasted on the boys only (unlike JN011). The backstory makes her character come off as a mix between Marnie, May and Lillie at a first glance, yet quite unique on a deeper level. I need subs to know for sure what was said by Koharu's especially after Pidove went away, disappointed that she didn't officially catch Yamper. It's already nearing 30 episodes with just 2 episodes about her, and she needs to get started on some path.

Don't like Sobble's gag getting overplayed, it's already exhausting and unfunny. Dragonite is such a good parent figure though.

EDIT: Scratch that, subs are absolutely needed to clarify a lot of things surrounding the Sakuragi family. I'm pretty sure my opinion of the episode will drastically improve and this might be an important episode.

Last edited:
And with this, all the episodes that were delayed have aired.

An episode where truly nothing major event worthy happens. A first one for this series!

This episode was really dialogue-heavy, so I'll need subtitles to understand it better.

I was kinda expecting Goh to throw a Poké Ball at Fearow while it was down, but nope. He completely forgot to do it until it was too late.

Nice to see more Koharu focus, but this definitely wasn't as strong as her previous episode. I did enjoy the interactions with her mother and especially the fashbacks to her childhood, and I also got a chuckle out of Gou getting frustrated at missing the Fearow. I was hoping this episode would bring her closer to becoming a major character, but it doesn't look like it did. I did notice that her casual outfit looked something like a Nurse Joy might wear, so maybe that's going to become her calling, not that she had much to do with Pidove's care this time around.

On another note: Messon Everyone Cries Gag, congratulations on surpassing both Marina's screaming catch bonuses and general (luckily averted today) lack of female focus as the single worst aspect of Pocket Monsters 2019.

A decent enough episode, but not the best we've seen and not as good as the previous Koharu-based entry. I'll need to see a non-lagging version with subs to see if my opinion changes however, but at this stage I'll give it a pass. Solid C. You lost the + to the crying gag showing up again.

Watched the episode but to give an opinion I would need to see the subs.

But a pair of things:

-Sobble gag is getting tiresome already.

-How in the world is Koharu, a character that has only appeared in 1 episode after the hiatus written better than Go has ever been? He has a better backstory than a boy who only have the hots is interested for mew

- So Go wanted to catch a Pokemon that was weakened by a Pokémon that is not of his team? That's really unethical.

The oddest thing about this episode to me is that, in real life, I also have a pidgeon in my life right now. A racing pigeon got lost and ended up in my family's place and is now living in our chicken coop.

Despite being a third their size the chickens are terrified of it. It doesn't seem to be doing anything itself, but at night the pigeon has one half of the roost to itself while the other birds crowd together in a terrified heap on the othe end.

We called up the pigeon racing club it came from a few days ago, nothing yet.

An episode where truly nothing major event worthy happens. A first one for this series!
I'd consider Yamper and Koharu backstory to be pretty important. I'd need subs to confirm, but I'm fairly certain we got confirmation this episode that Prof. Sakuragi's family came from Galar or used to live there before (which was already fairly obvious considering Yamper, but confirmation is nice regardless). EDIT: Yamper was a gift from someone from Galar, nevermind. Anyway, I'd consider this episode to be more important than some of the previous fillers that were only considered to be "important" just because Gou chucked a Pokeball or two at some random Pokemon that he stumbled upon.

Anyway, this is definitely an episode that requires subs, but for now, I'll say that it was a fairly enjoyable watch. The Sobble crying skit was kinda unnecessary, but I don't personally find it annoying yet and the Koharu focus felt like it had enough screentime even with that skit in this episode, so I'm ok with it. I'm guessing it's just the writers' way of telling us that Sobble won't be ditched in the lab and forgotten like most of Gou's other Pokemon.

By the way, am I just imagining things, or is the animation in this episode noticeably better than the past few episodes?

Last edited:
I haven't seen this episode yet. Does Sobble get left behind at the lab?
The boys didn't go anywhere in this episode, and Sobble was just chilling at the lab with the other Pokemon there, so it's still hard to tell whether Sobble will be a permanent member of Gou's team like Raboot or if he's just gonna leave it with his other Pokemon.

So Koharu's backstory, it was simple and nice in regards to Koharu's character. I definitely prefer the little we found out about Gou in the Cubone episode over it, but it does its job explaining Koharu's and Yamper's relationship. Plus it makes more sense to know more about Koharu than Gou, because Koharu doesn't appear much so she needs a lot, while it's not good to rush Gou's story as he's a protagonist.

Last edited:
I was looking forward to this episode and it didn't disappoint too much

Could have done with less scenes with Ash and Goh, especially with the whole Sobble thing. If Sobble is the comic relief of this series (cough Rowlet) I'm glad Ash didn't catch it after all

Loved the scenes with Chloe and her family, I'm hoping the whole experience may see her join Ash and Goh more often

Yamper was adorable as ever, love it and Chloe

I'm glad Goh didn't catch Fearow in the end, can't stand its new voice

A nice episode! Very dialogue heavy so I’ll need the subs to understand most of it, but it’s nice that we got some Koharu-Yamper backstory! It was nice to see Sobble again, the crying thing isn’t tiring on me yet considering it’s only been 2 episodes. Dragonite hugging Sobble was precious. A little hard to believe that Riolu can stop Pikachu’s Iron Tail with one hand, but I guess Pikachu could be holding back.

- So Go wanted to catch a Pokemon that was weakened by a Pokémon that is not of his team? That's really unethical.

It’s not like Koharu wanted to catch it, I don’t see the issue.

I haven't seen this episode yet. Does Sobble get left behind at the lab?

They never leave the lab, but Sobble did show up at the beginning and later became visible while listening to everyone’s conversation, so he seemingly hangs around Go.

Of course nothing wrong trying to catch a Pokemon you did not weaken yourself.

Nothing wrong...

:rolleyes:

Of course nothing wrong trying to catch a Pokemon you did not weaken yourself.

Nothing wrong...

:rolleyes:

If Koharu was planning to catch it, I wouldn’t approve, but she wasn’t, so in my mind there isn’t any problem considering she didn’t want to catch it in the first place. In my opinion, the moment she chooses not to catch it, it’s free rein for anyone else to catch it since it’s already weakened.

I saw the episode. No subtitles. I understood about the same as a penguin of the ocean. Water is wet.
About the sobble gag, I hope it was just to introduce the connection between Dragonite and Sobble. And if sobble is gonna start travelling with Ash and Go, that must mean we'll see more of Dragonite.
Nonetheless this episode reminded me of something. Gengar. What's up with him. Had a good start but now is fading to oblivion. Being a Trickster glass canon. Even with Mr. Mime and the cake, I saw as an opportunity to use Gengar but it was only Mr. Mime's psychic powers.
I will need subtitles to understand everything.

Wow, I already hate what used to be my favourite Galar starter...

Cute episode but I didn’t understand anything without subs...

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom