• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Nintendo Directs Thread

Yeah, doesn't look like we're going to hear anything today. So either there isn't a Direct, or it is a Direct Mini.

Oh...Only 10 mins and it seems like its mostly gonna focus on 3rd party. At the very most we'll see Bayonetta 3 and No More Heroes 3, but geez this is depressing. Why Nintendo? You say COVID-19 has not caused major delays and you have tons of Switch games coming, so why can't you have a full 30-40 minute major Direct?

Honestly, this is a bit more than I expected. Since I was still expecting no Direct in general, but even if there was one I wasn't expecting 20-40 minutes of new games. I might see this is a wave of Mini Directs, but I still keep my hopes low in general.

While I am hoping for Bayonetta 3, knowing Platinum regarding this game and nothing has been shown since its reveal and nothing on since then, I'm not keeping my hopes up for that. Other than that, there's SMT V (which hasn't been seen or heard since the Showcase back in 2017), Bravely Default II, a possible English localization of Persona 5 Scramble and I'm unsure of what else.

Honestly other than those games (and that stupid WayForward Bakugan game), I don't see anything else unless they surprise with new ports of 3rd-party games (I mean, there already previously announced right?).

Well, darn, I thought that a Nintendo Direct Mini would at least have some Nintendo titles. They just took my low expectations and crushed even those.

Well, this Direct disappointed me before it even started. As seen from the mess of the Pokemon Unite, "Partner Showcase" says there won't be anything first-party, which is a huge disappointment. Unless there is a bigger Direct focusing mostly on Nintendo first-party games coming soon after this one.

Predictions for today's Direct Mini:
-Bayonetta 3 update
-No More Heroes 3 update
-Persona 5 Scramble trailer
-Long-shot: Metroid Prime 4 update at the end

So even if it is only a "partner direct", they still have some pretty big games already announced that we need to know more information about.

I'm just happy that we finally have more SMT V info ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Looks to be darker than Apocalypse judging from the MC wandering around Tokyo's ruins. Even better is that it's a 2021 worldwide release, hopefully Atlus promotes it better than Strange Journey Redux. But damn I wasn't expecting to see a remaster of Nocturne. Not sure about the addition of voices, but I'll definitely be buying a Switch for this, Spring 2021 can't come fast enough.

This was worse than I thought it would be. Sure SMTV got announced, but I never cared for that series. I was honestly at least expecting to see Bayonetta 3 and No More Heroes 3, but not even that happened. This is even worse than March's mini Direct. I think what makes this even more disappointing is how lots of credible leakers were sitting here saying this was gonna be a general Direct and it would have stuff like the Mario remasters. When I saw this was just gonna be 3rd party stuff, I knew what to expect, but even then I was still extremely disappointed.

Last edited:
I am not familiar with the SMT series. I've played Persona 5 and heard the Persona series is a spin-off, but I don't really understand what SMT is about? Either way, it was a nice announcement, as I know a lot of people have been waiting for SMTV and wonder what happened to it after we didn't hear a thing for three years.

Back
Top Bottom