• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh New Pokemon Species Discussion

What's your opinion on the new Galar Pokémon we've seen so far?

• I like most of them

Votes: 89 69.5%
  • I dislike most of them

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • I'm neutral on most of them

Votes: 28 21.9%

• Total voters
What do you guys think are the chances that Toxtricity was partly inspired by this Japanese frog band.
I don't think it's that likely because they seem pretty uncommon but I want to believe.

What do you guys think are the chances that Toxtricity was partly inspired by this Japanese frog band.
I don't think it's that likely because they seem pretty uncommon but I want to believe.
This goes to my "what the hell am I even listening?" playlist.

weird that we never got a pokemon that could have a new ability to copy a ability of it's other ally pkemon in the party.

also a new move could be created:
Secret or Hidden skill- we have skill swap from the target what if we could get a ability but one of 5 from our ally pokemon in the party instead? this move would allow us to change it afterwards even.

We didnt had a lot pokemon legendaries... a legandary elephant, comodo dragon,

does someone think more pokemon , from Galar , regional forms and outside could still get the terrain casting abilities?
taking that not many got them actually.

I think there's an ability like that already, Power of Alchemy.

And Receiver, too. Plus, if you really need it, you can always use Role Play on your ally.

that would work in singles, meaning one pokemon after the other...

by fainted ally, what about randomly getting ability of an ally in your party?

we have Ditto with Imposter that copies oponent... the transforming aspect in Polemon could evolve a little...

- interesting would be a ghost pokemon transforming into maybe the last fainted pokemon on oponents side of the field (ability: necromancy, the same way like transform but of the last fainted target or one chosen from the fainted in oponents party)

- a pokemon that could be transforming into it's own alies, every turn the next one and use their moves (ability like Mascarade, minus you reveal your team, plus you switch pokemon without loosing turns, minus it hapens without direct control , you can only control your party order)

New pokemon....

weird that we have no fighting types that are better :

- strong dual wall, Marshadow, Keldeo and Throh with 140 hp and 85 def and 85 sp.. def are the best we got till now...
- no one with really enormous defense (Buzwolle 139, top 30 pokemon, Kommo-0 125 top 50 pokemon, Chesnaught 122, top 50 pokemon
only Bewear with 80 defense and its ability makes around 160... here as a fighting type)
- no special wall (virision 129, top 40 pokemon, Scrafty 115 and in top 60 pokemon)
- with big hp actually (Hairama 144 hp top 14 in that category, Throh and Bewear with 120 hp to 34 of all pokemon)

- fastest fighting type:
Pheromosa 151 speed,
zamazenta 138,
mega lopunny 135,
mega mewtwo 130,
meloetta piruete form 128,
marshadow 125,
Hawlucha 118,
mega luciaro 112,
mega galade 112,
Infernape 108
Keldeo 108

the non legendaries and non megas look weak... in this specter

taking that typings like
rock/fighting (could see diamond),
ground/fighting,
fairy/fighting
still need to come

weird that ghost/fighting hadnt better defensive stats

maybe the wushu pokemon will shake that a little up as legendaries but would be nice to get regular pokemon with...

fighting/dark and fighting/water seem interesting choices here....

always hoped for a Wishiwashi or Slaking like fighting pokemon here... a form changer or something into that direction

dont know if in gen 8 or maybe 9
was lately thinking about a fairy/fighting female white faun like antilope or maybe bird with one left hand like a bow make out wings
to shot arrows and darts...
with a fairy type version of Focus Punch called Light Missile , decreased priority doesnt work if get hit
and a fighting type special oriented version of multihit move 2-5 hits called Hunter Darts that would work like Dragon Darts... all moves would get blocked by Bulletproof.

fairy/fighting high sp. def, speed in 130-140 devision... acces to kick moves, arrow, dart and shot moves

also the rock/fighting , imagine a diamon colored and shaped 4 legged big frog or maybe bear with long forther fists and strong looking, but on all four limbs on the ground but sometimes would be bipedal

ground/fighting coyote or road runner, mummy shaped

a ghost/fighting anubis like pokemon, similar like Lucario...
a ghost/fighting ape, a ghost/fighting masked chinese fighter

I realy hope for the fairy/poison bird(aromatise evolution, like alolan cubone got, without changing its base forms) ,
slug and witch

would wish a fast water/fighting non legendary, maybe a starter pokemon here, jaguar aztec warrior, with ice punch as only ice move in future...
would give it Survival ability that works like a Detect against the first SE move encountered in battle when switched in, similar like Disquise that would take 1/8 damage then and after calling back the ability would work again if switched in

Last edited:

fighting types

non legendary,
non mega,
non mythical
but regular ones

with oustanding stats

a blissey like fighting type in special defense and one in the defense department would actually be cool
would be actually cool with fairies, flying, psychic types around... and physical fairy type moves that need to come...

Blissey, Schuckle and Steelix are best walls , fighting should also get some love in that area and niche

Imagine if some fighting types would get a unique abilities like Eiscue, Ditto, Zoroark, Mimikyu
or unique status like Wishiwashi(this kind with hp based form change would be the best), Slaking or Regigigas and a truant or slow start ability...

I liked what they did with Bulletproof and Chesnaught and Komo-o(soundproof) allowing them to withstand some hits.(arrows, darts, missile, shots, shoots should be also included to ball , bomb and blast moves ) that could be better done in fuuture actually.

the amount of mono typed fighting types is big maybe too big? weird that we didnt get more dual types with it

Last edited:
Have we gotten any news on who designed which Pokémon? All I remember is that Ariga said he designed the Rookidee family a few months ago.

270px-Drizzile_EpEc.gif
So there's been a bit of talk about how Drizzile is rather different from the other two members in its evolutionary family, and I came up with a possible explanation for this--albeit very weak the more I think about it--that the design direction was chosen in order to prevent awkward-middle-stage syndrome. I feel like the designers trying to make a reasonable link between the first stage and final stage of some starters leads to some awkward middle stages, such as Pignite. However, because Drizzile isn't trying to be the transition between Sobble and Inteleon, it avoids that possibility of awkwardness. Granted, I feel like it wouldn't be hard to make Drizzile more in line with the rest of its line without making it awkward.

The other day I was watching a thing about starfish and it mentioned them having "eyes" at the tips of their appendages, which made me reinterpret this bad boy somewhat:

HOME890E.png

It does kinda look like one too, with the five fingers and all that.

The other day I was watching a thing about starfish and it mentioned them having "eyes" at the tips of their appendages, which made me reinterpret this bad boy somewhat:

HOME890E.png

It does kinda look like one too, with the five fingers and all that.
Eternatus will still be the most unique legendary Pokémon for me. That design is just... odd. And awesome.

Shame about the scaling, though.

Sorry for the double post, but this idea just came to me.

What if, in later generations, Polteageist and Sinistea got regional variants based upon different types of tea such as a bubble tea variant (Water/Ghost), sweet tea variant (Fairy/Ghost), etc? I think that’d be kinda neat.

dragon maw and transistor could be defensive abilities similar to Disquise? maybe activate when under half hp? would make actually sense.

transistor could also paralyse by physical contact? or maybe hurts pokemon extra when they witch out with moves or other effects from its trapping move thunder cage?

still can't get how they avoided more new knight shemed pokemon when creating Galar region? hope they make that up in next generations
what are the most medieval themed pokemon in galar in your opinions?

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom