• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Did fanon ever name Lana's mother?

KrspaceT

Reaction score
Among the many oddities of the Sun and Moon anime was perhaps the most unexpectedly skyrocketing popular side character of....Lana's mother. In truth I am utterly bewildered at just how quickly she shot up high in the 'Poke-waifu' game, and how it happened still baffles me.

(I think she just looks enough like that Build Fighters mom to get cross pollination).

The oddities of that...another oddity I noticed is I don't think fanon ever came up with a name for her. Am I just not hearing of it (or on Spacebattles) and a fanon name for her actually exists?

Or is she unnamed as all of the fans attention was in making her very much not a part of the SM animation style and more Orig/XY, if you get my meaning....

Sadly, she’s got as much of a name as all the game pokemoms that aren’t the mother of a player character that was brought into the anime. Kinda odd that the writers didn’t at least name her given her popularity even if she wasn’t originally meant to have a name.

Among the many oddities of the Sun and Moon anime was perhaps the most unexpectedly skyrocketing popular side character of....Lana's mother. In truth I am utterly bewildered at just how quickly she shot up high in the 'Poke-waifu' game, and how it happened still baffles me.
I think it was a mixture of Lana being popular already plus the way the twins pressing into the folds of her shirt made it look like she had some, uh, 'other assets'.

I think it was a mixture of Lana being popular already plus the way the twins pressing into the folds of her shirt made it look like she had some, uh, 'other assets'.

....The only good thing that did in the end was make BlueAngelShipping easier by giving Lana an 'older template' should you wish to do a later age fic. Unlike poor Ash who doesn't have any older male relatives.

Sadly, she’s got as much of a name as all the game pokemoms that aren’t the mother of a player character that was brought into the anime. Kinda odd that the writers didn’t at least name her given her popularity even if she wasn’t originally meant to have a name.

...I don't know how much the anime staff is aware of the fandom's 'undercurrent'. That could have been a factor.

What's baffling to me is that Lana's mom's Japanese voice actress is... unknown.

I don't think I've ever came across voice actors addressing themselves as N/A. Has this happened before with other VAs or actors/actresses in general?
Might've been a non-voice actor who didn't want to use their real name. I've seen that before when an anime director or original author or someone else well known makes a cameo role. :unsure:

...I don't know how much the anime staff is aware of the fandom's 'undercurrent'. That could have been a factor.
Some of the anime staff are the undercurrent, that's how we get certain extremely questionable fanservice things...

When Meowth had his amorous fantasy in Sun/Moon you'd expect him to be chasing other cat Pokémon.
Instead it was Gardevoir, Lopunny, and Glaceon (apparently in Japan Glaceon features a lot in that sort of fanart).

They know.
It's a particularly odd example of the TRio as a form of audience surrogate for the older fans. :p
(Edit: I just realized this looks slightly dirtier than intended but I should have written "aimed at the older fans")

Last edited:
Some of the anime staff are the undercurrent, that's how we get certain extremely questionable fanservice things...

When Meowth had his amorous fantasy in Sun/Moon you'd expect him to be chasing other cat Pokémon.
Instead it was Gardevoir, Lopunny, and Glaceon (apparently in Japan Glaceon features a lot in that sort of fanart).

They know.
It's a particularly odd example of the TRio as a form of audience surrogate for the older fans. :p

So you think that they saw the explosion she created and fueled it with more appearances for more explosions

What's baffling to me is that Lana's mom's Japanese voice actress is... unknown.

I don't think I've ever came across voice actors addressing themselves as N/A. Has this happened before with other VAs or actors/actresses in general?
Her mom is voiced by Chika Fujimura. She just was never credited for the role since she voiced other stuff in every episode Lana's mom appeared in. Same thing happened with Sophocles's mom and Harper and Sarah who remain uncredited to this day (though I'm pretty sure Mika Kanai voices Sophocles's mom and one of the twins).

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom