• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN033: Would You Like To Do a Pokémon Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he at least tries to catch Meowth at some point, considering it‘s technically a wild Pokémon. It’s kind of a poor choice on the TRio’s part, even if Meowth doesn’t want a trainer, Jessie and James are not worried about him ever getting caught and taken?
That guy administrating the test in Kanto tried to catch Meowth, Biff and Cassidy tried to catch Meowth, J tried to catch Meowth, Iris tried to catch Meowth, that ranger during the same arc tried to catch Meowth, Pikachu tried to catch Meowth. There's probably others I'm forgetting.
I'm just saying one day someone's gonna succeed and Gou has lots of captures and needs to fill out Meowth on his dex.
Besides that could be hilarious if they do it right.

Don't forget about the significant trade that was Dawn's Buizel and Ash's Aipom, folks; combine that precedent with the unpredictability of Pocket Monsters, and nearly anything can happen.

As much as I want Ash to have Sobble, even I think it'd be a bit too early for a trade. Still, again, anything can happen.

Hope Ash trades for Sobble, he'll treat it right.
Just have Ash capture some Pokemon that Go really wants and BOOM! Trade! Ash has the Sobble he has a right to, Sobble doesn't end up like Marshtomp, Chespin, and Primarina and actually ends up a proper Pokemon! Everyone's happy!

NO.

Tauros trading is high on the list of most annoying Fanfic tropes, we do not need it in the actual series.

(.....Gah I couldn't even go near Safari Zone without people telling me in reviews to not catch all the Tauros. As a result I had Ash catch 44 Tauros. And yes there was an explanation on why Ash did not have a 30 ball limit)

Ha, I did something similar. Somebody begged for Gloria to love Ash so I thought 'Yeah, not dealing with these reviews' and made her fall for Raihan at first sight during the ceremony(Since love at first sight is actually a canon thing in the franchise lol ) to silence them.

Sounds like some sort of large-scale trading convention. I don't think that Ash would trade away any of his current Pokemon, but I imagine Gou will have a field day. That is assuming he is okay with trading, I know he wants to catch every Pokemon but does he just care about registering them or does he want a living dex? If he only cares about registering them then he could simply trade a bunch of Pokemon and then trade back just for the dex pages. This could be how Scyther evolves, but I wonder if the other trainer might refuse to trade back.

Overoptimistic fan speculation: This is the Oak's lab episode and Ash is "exchanging" some of his current team for reserves.

That would be interesting for Go’s character, realising he cares more for the Pokemon he’s traded than his actions show. It’d also be a nice callback to the SS Anne episode, where Ash has trader’s regret over giving up Butterfree for Raticate.

Don't forget about the significant trade that was Dawn's Buizel and Ash's Aipom, folks; combine that precedent with the unpredictability of Pocket Monsters, and nearly anything can happen.

As much as I want Ash to have Sobble, even I think it'd be a bit too early for a trade. Still, again, anything can happen.

That was heavily foreshadowed, with Buizel preferring straightforward battling and Aipom taking a shine to contests.

While it's possible for Gou to trade one of his Pokémon, I highly doubt it's a trade between Ash and Gou and it will definitely not be Gou trading his Sobble to Ash. If that happens, it would be completely out of nowhere: Ash just catches some random Pokémon and Gou, the person who already made his mistake with Sobble, quickly realized what he did wrong, apologized to Sobble and even gave Sobble some confidence by calling it strong (confirming Gou learned and knows the right way to treat Sobble) all of sudden wanting to trade it to Ash with that random Pokémon? That would be 100% bad writing and make that whole thing between Gou and Sobble completely pointless.

The same goes for Raboot. Gou is not trading Raboot to Ash, Gou and Raboot have patched things up and all his good between them again.

Slowly watches as it turns out to be a trade between 2 CotDs
What if team rocket steals one of the two pokemon just to reach the 20 minutes mark? Also, we've reached 3 pages of discussion based on a very vague part of the title and nothing elseunless you count past events and the nature of the series and its characters as "info", that's kinda weird and impressive.

@Beatsy Ray I had an idea kinda similar to yours, although I don't think it'll happen: Ash visiting Oak's lab with Goh and trading some of his Pokémon back and forth to him to add pages to Goh's Dex. Maybe even evolve Boldore in the process.
Actually boldore for scyther would be the best possible scenario. If It's forth and back, boldore evolves Ash gains a beast. If not, Ash gains scizor that is way better than boldore. Works for me

Actually boldore for scyther would be the best possible scenario. If It's forth and back, boldore evolves Ash gains a beast. If not, Ash gains scizor that is way better than boldore. Works for me

The problem is that Roggenrola choose Ash, since it challenged him to a battle (Similair way as Hawlucha and Galarfetch'd did). So he isn't gonna permanently trade it away.

Eh...trades are an iffy thing in the Show. Sometimes they work, sometimes it's not worth talking about...

Though some to think of it, when WAS the last time we had a trade anyway? DP? :unsure:

PS: This could be about characters briefly using each other's Pokemon, then giving them back to uphold the status quo.

Eh...trades are an iffy thing in the Show. Sometimes they work, sometimes it's not worth talking about...

Though some to think of it, when WAS the last time we had a trade anyway? DP? :unsure:

PS: This could be about characters briefly using each other's Pokemon, then giving them back to uphold the status quo.
Last trade I can think of was Bianca and Professor Juniper trading Shelmet and Karrablast so they could evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom