• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Archie Sonic Mafia, Endgame: TBA (4/8/20)

Actually if we throw RC's claim in the mix it gets even more likely someone is lying, since that makes it at least 3 roles that can't be killed by scum without drawbacks.

ehh, do you really think so?

one claim is a bomb that dies if nightkilled only

one claim randomizes the target in the next night if targetted, and it might not even count the nk

one claim has like either a 1/4 or 2/4 chance of killing a player who targets them with a role

ehh, do you really think so?

one claim is a bomb that dies if nightkilled only

one claim randomizes the target in the next night if targetted, and it might not even count the nk

one claim has like either a 1/4 or 2/4 chance of killing a player who targets them with a role
I do yea
that’s 3 roles that make so the mafia nightkill gets messed up and we’re not even considering stuff like protection roles yet like zorchic’s BPV and whatever else we might have
it does sound a bit busted considering so far noone showed any other killing roles (well, except for zorchic maybe)
so unless something like a SK is holstering or, as I said before, mafia has a way to go around that, these claims really don’t make sense to me as it is right now and I find the odds of someone lying really high

Who would you vote @Tood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ?
Ehh

Deku for pressure and on the off chance Piko was trying to distance with those votes on him.

A vote'd put him at 6 votes, which is nearly majority, so I'd rather hold back until we get some kind of reply from him first

He didn't suggest you were lying at all though.

Why would scum him lie, then say your role worked (which verifies it), then say it didn't work again with the intention to make you look bad? He didn't even accuse you or anything and still put you up as one of his top town reads.

Who are you voting today?
Sounded like he thought my role should have activated his bomb from the way he said it. I can see logic in him lying that my role did something to draw scum into believing he was a PR though.

I was going to vote for Caps prior to his claim but going to go for what was my second highest scum read being Space.

Vote: Space

Still not too sure regarding Deku, my concern being he's just inactive and and we're looking in the wrong place, but he hasn't come back after again promising and if he stays in the game this debate will on drag on into another day.

Unsure about Zinn, she has been better today but the stuff with the second vote that went on and off Fatima seems like it could have been an opportunity to start a wagon when jumping on at that time.

@HumanDawn I've given my reasoning for why I think Space is town already, and it hasn't changed so I won't repeat that part - but I do think her playstyle is giving me town vibes and I would be shocked if she were scum. I'm not seeing the cases on her and they all feel flimsy at best.

Can you go over their posts a bit and build up a case on them? Do you think their claim is real?

I can, maybe later.

Mido put Pika_Pika42 as either Mafia or Indep. How is that not tunneling?

She wasn't tunneling, she was put a case for why she believed that of Pika_pika42 and has backed off this phase, trying for something else to get answers.

I hope you feel better soon!!

thank you. I know everyone's got their own shit to be dealing with so I hate to bring up personal things, but in this case I felt it was necessary

if you're all worried about a cult leader, which is a fine claim since it's bastard, I'm fine with lynching tood tho but I'd rather find mafia instead

would rather find mafia instead as well, so we probably shouldn't be thinking too much about Tood's claim right now.

TheCapsFan's claim is interesting, specifically that he can be lynched without the bomb going off.... that actually might go with Pika_pika42's since Pika's goes off at night just? I can see where the two can coexist.

I really don't see what's wrong with voting for someone who was voting for someone who they thought was Town and then unvoting because they're just acting ridiculous.

when you put it like that

Unvote: Pika_pika42

losing battle anyway. Will vote someone else later.

So I just caught up...wow...

To start off, soemthong I think everyone needs to think about. This is a highly active game, and thus it’s going tk e more frustrating than normal. Also we all have outside lives and with everything going on in the world, daily life is definitely more stressful. And I don’t know about others but I actually use mafia as an outlet. And while I try to keep things calm, I know I let things slip through, and I’m sure others do too. So I think we have to remember no one is looking to personally attack or anything.

@Pika_pika42 I don’t think you’re sheeping human. But I still think your contributions are almost non existent. The most I’ve seen from you is ironically day one where you were flip flopping reads. All I’ve seen since then is you saying space has done nothing, and taking about your role and defending your actions. But vitally doing other stuff you have not. Take a step back from the thread and truly read your posts and you’ll see.

@HumanDawn You are way too desperate to be townread, and blaming it on the championships is ridiculous. I have been playing with you for years, and that’s why I could care less about the championship games. I don’t even like them that much because I know people with equate quantity with alignment in those games. At least they did in the one I was in. It wasn’t about quality. But this game is, and your quality is lacking. You are hard defending people over the tiniest of things, and ignoring what multiple others say. And then you flip flop when it’s convenient. I honestly think you’re mafia.

@Space You have been a little inconsistent but the effort is there and your posts are Only becoming better.

@Jinjo like Space your early posts weren’t the best but you’ve also become more and more solid.

@ExLight I’m not paranoid of you for once, which is actually scarier.

@TheCapsFan There are definitely times you look scummy, but times you look towny. But most of all-you have stuck to your guns.

@DekuNut ...... @Lone_Garurumon If this slot is actually inactive can we get a sub?

@Rainbow Cloud Outside of your claim I don’t think you look townie. Nothing has stuck out and you seem like you sheep Human more than Pika.

@ZinnLav I think you’re mafia. You seem to be just confirming to majority opinion and trying to sneak by.

@Fatima Shadow Frost Witch Please try to be less vague.

@Feenie Hi. You don’t stand out at all to me...

@Tood no offense, but I want To kill you. I don’t trust indeps anymore.

@Midorikawa I said I didn’t mean to be super active due to stress levels and kind of just being tired of stuff. But I failed miserably on day 2 and yes I probably did tunnel On Pika. It was unintentional but yeah I didbt do as much Day 2 as I did today or even day 1.

Now then overall thought son some stuff. Not sure if BP protects mafia from bomb, but I doubt we would have bomb and PGO together unless mafia has some ultra strong role that can destroy them. Which is doubtful. So I think one of them is lying.

Does that mean that one is definitely town and the other mafia? No. In fact we could have an indep mafia pair, town mafia, or indep town. But I don’t believe both are town and eventually we’ll have to decide between them.

Also I don’t think RCs role is super similar to theirs or hard for mafia to get around. I won’t say how because In case mafia can’t figure it out I won’t let them know. But I will asked: RC can you find out if it counts as you visiting whoever you redirect onto?

I think that’s it for now. If I missed anyone sorry.

I do yea
that’s 3 roles that make so the mafia nightkill gets messed up and we’re not even considering stuff like protection roles yet like zorchic’s BPV and whatever else we might have
it does sound a bit busted considering so far noone showed any other killing roles (well, except for zorchic maybe)
so unless something like a SK is holstering or, as I said before, mafia has a way to go around that, these claims really don’t make sense to me as it is right now and I find the odds of someone lying really high

If you do, who of the three do you think is the most likely to be scum?

why wouldn’t it?

A Mafia Nightkill isn't a role, it's something inherent about being Mafia. If, say, Rainbow Cloud targetted the Mafia who put in the Nightkill, would it really work when it's not a role in itself? Sure, it can be tracked, but it can't be roleblocked because it isn't a role, so how can a role messer or w/e the official name of the role is ( @Rainbow Cloud ?) bother a Nightkill? The PGO claim itself I concede about affecting Nightkills, but it's actually pretty situational, and because a Nightkill isn't a role, it can't be roleblocked by the PGO. Having said that, what's your role's name @Pika_pika42 ?

I have read up, and will respond to quotes later, but one thing I do want to address rn is the timing of my claim. It might be interpreted that the claim was made at an odd time and perhaps that is true; I wasn't under a huge level of pressure, only being voted by one person.

That being said, most of the game was scumreading me with many putting me in their lynch list for today. I recognize that I have not been playing as well as I could be, but I do believe that I've done a decent job attempting to gamesolve, share my thoughts, and contribute to the town, so I don't necessarily think I'm being scumread for a lack of that.

Rather, most of those scumreads seemed to be due to confusion and suspicion over things that I have said, or me flipping back and forth on the alignments of specific players. A lot of that confusion I believe had to do with the fact that I had the extra knowledge about my role which may have been contributing to some of those unclear lines of thought from the rest of the Town's perspective. So I figured claiming would be best to help clear that up.

Also, re: Jinjo's posts: they are a lot less fluffy than I thought they were. I think that thought was mostly based off the ISO I did early Day 2, and that they haven't really pinged my radar since then? I have not finished reading through their posts but for now I have not seen much fluff past their wagon on Day 2. I have not seen much interaction with Pikochu either.

Also also, just saying, but I found Pikapika's reaction to my claim to be oddly nonchalant.

Also also also, I apologize if anything I said has been particularly harsh or made someone feel personally attacked. Even with all the stress this game has caused I have still had a lot of fun playing so far.

@Rainbow Cloud Outside of your claim I don’t think you look townie. Nothing has stuck out and you seem like you sheep Human more than Pika.
I sheeped Human on Piko, I sheeped him on my initial thoughts on Cap's claim?
I didn't stop Zinnlav form causing a tie, if I recall correct you agreed that made me look more towny at the time?
I've contributed nothing to looking for scum?
This is just the same as you said about Pika :unsure:

Midorikawa said:
Also I don’t think RCs role is super similar to theirs or hard for mafia to get around. I won’t say how because In case mafia can’t figure it out I won’t let them know. But I will asked: RC can you find out if it counts as you visiting whoever you redirect onto?

I think that’s it for now. If I missed anyone sorry.
I'm wouldn't think so, I just make who I visit use their role so I should only visit them, should imagine only they visit their random target.

By the looks of your reads I appear to be one of your top scum reads, so why are you not voting for me? :unsure:

A Mafia Nightkill isn't a role, it's something inherent about being Mafia. If, say, Rainbow Cloud targetted the Mafia who put in the Nightkill, would it really work when it's not a role in itself? Sure, it can be tracked, but it can't be roleblocked because it isn't a role, so how can a role messer or w/e the official name of the role is ( @Rainbow Cloud ?) bother a Nightkill? The PGO claim itself I concede about affecting Nightkills, but it's actually pretty situational, and because a Nightkill isn't a role, it can't be roleblocked by the PGO. Having said that, what's your role's name @Pika_pika42 ?
I'll check if I can say the actual name of my role first but role messer is fairly accurate and it can affect a nightkill if I target the scum player using it.

I didn't intend to say that I am exempting myself from scumhunting by claiming my role. It just feels bad to hear that I'm not contributing anything or Space has contributed 10x more than me when I am trying to contribute as and when I can. I may not have a large number of posts because I tend to compile all my thoughts in one big post rather than make different post for each of my different thought. I have been sharing my thoughts and reads what I feel.

Space has in no way contributed 10x more than you. Mido was just exaggerating to try to make a point.

Another factor is that HD keeps defending me strongly without me asking him to do so, while it's good he believes me and thinks I am Town, he tends to answer questions related to me, which I would have answered but since he already said the points which I wanted to, I feel it's futile to just keep repeating the same points. Sometimes, when I feel it's something really important and I should say it, I do it despite it already being said and that looks like I am parroting or blindly following HD. What should I do when I want to make a point but it's already said by someone else. If I stay quiet, it looks like I am not contributing and if I say those, it looks I am blindly repeating.

I am not a power player like Mido or HD, I am a mid-tier player and I am contributing as much I can. I have shared my entire role and I am sharing my thoughts and reads as the game progresses.

Sorry if this feels like a rant but I needed to get this out as I get a feeling that no matter what I do, it's never enough.

Yeah, I can back off if you want. I think your spot has been treated pretty unfairly overall and only TheCapsFan seems to have any good justification for being worried about your slot. Space coming in and just saying "Yeah, Pika_Pika42 is still scummy" and leaving it at that doesn't help. It helps to re-iterate

Moving on to the game, TheCapsFan'sbomb claim is interesting, it'd be a risky claim to make as mafia when there are already 2 related claims out there but it could be done as a last resort maybe. Inclined to believe Cap's claim for now.

I'm still suspicious of Space but if the game doesn't agree with me on that lynch, I'm ready to lynch any of these players who are null to scum in my reads list.
DekuNut, ZinnLav, Tood & Fatima

How is Rainbow Cloud's claim related to yours and TheCapsFan?

Why ZinnLav again?

Do you think Tood is scum and not an Independent?

I'm wouldn't think so, I just make who I visit use their role so I should only visit them, should imagine only they visit their random target.

By the looks of your reads I appear to be one of your top scum reads, so why are you not voting for me?
Wait I’m confused on your role now. Doesn’t it also redirect if someone visits you. I could have sworn I saw that somewhere.

Also just because I’m scumreading you doesn’t make you a top one. In fact you’re on the lower end of the spectrum. I’ll take several others before you.

@HumanDawn I've given my reasoning for why I think Space is town already, and it hasn't changed so I won't repeat that part - but I do think her playstyle is giving me town vibes and I would be shocked if she were scum. I'm not seeing the cases on her and they all feel flimsy at best.

WOW, shocked if she were scum?? Is it really because of her playstyle?

If it's playstyle related, can you tell me how you would think her scum playstyle would be then?

Wait I’m confused on your role now. Doesn’t it also redirect if someone visits you. I could have sworn I saw that somewhere.

Also just because I’m scumreading you doesn’t make you a top one. In fact you’re on the lower end of the spectrum. I’ll take several others before you.
When I use my role actively to target someone it affects them the same night I use it.
Passively if someone targets me it affects them the following night phase so actions do work on me the night they are used.

When I use my role actively to target someone it affects them the same night I use it.
Passively if someone targets me it affects them the following night phase so actions do work on me the night they are used.
Okay now I’m not confused on it.

Now then since deku has decided to sub.

unvote: dekunut
Vote: Tood

I think it’s fair to give the slot a chance. We’ve had a pretty good day of discussion and with 24 hours left I don’t want to randomly lynch someone with almost no time for a defense in this active of a game. So I rather get info from the mafia kill and go the safe lynch because I don’t believe he’s just a survivor. It just seems too simple if that makes sense.

@HumanDawn You are way too desperate to be townread, and blaming it on the championships is ridiculous. I have been playing with you for years, and that’s why I could care less about the championship games. I don’t even like them that much because I know people with equate quantity with alignment in those games. At least they did in the one I was in. It wasn’t about quality. But this game is, and your quality is lacking. You are hard defending people over the tiniest of things, and ignoring what multiple others say. And then you flip flop when it’s convenient. I honestly think you’re mafia.

I don't see how I'm wrong though about my defenses? You accused me earlier about flipflopping with DekuNut, but when I asked you if you disagreed or not with FinalArcadia's assessment for them to make me change my mind, you ignored me. So, I can't change my mind and think the votes on DekuNut were distancing attempts, because if I do, it's just convenient, and I'm also tunnelling? Make up your mind! I mean, TheCapsfan and Jinjo know I bussed my scum team in my championship game, so it's normal for them to be warier of my vote on Pikochu, and anyone else who knows, and that's probably fair, but I still thought it was worth giving my 2c about my thoughts to try to ease that. Actually, that's not true about the quantity of posts being thought of as alignment indicative (i'm assuming you think that they think that more posts = Town?), because in my game, Wisdom was the top poster, and was close to being lynched many times and would have been lynched Day 5 if not for the JOAT clearing her.

You say my quality is lacking, but I've called you out on your Pika tunneling Day 2, to which you agree with later:

@Midorikawa I said I didn’t mean to be super active due to stress levels and kind of just being tired of stuff. But I failed miserably on day 2 and yes I probably did tunnel On Pika. It was unintentional but yeah I didbt do as much Day 2 as I did today or even day 1.[/quote]

So, I was right to call you out on it?

I don't think I'm hard defending people over tiny things - I think the only player I hard defended has been Pika_Pika42, and if he's Town, then I pretty much went against a Town wagon and helped build a Mafia one, yet my quality is the one that's lacking?

Again, am I wrong in changing my mind that Pikochu's votes on DekuNut makes him look worse after what FA said?

Could you tell me what makes Rainbow Cloud's different than Space?

Wait, I think I know the answer to this.

The difference is that Rainbow Cloud sheeps me, and Space sheeps you :p

Back
Top Bottom