• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN031: Hinbass's Beautiful Scale

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt there will be a trade involved with evolution- trade with item evolutions have always cut out the trade in the anime (sometimes having the Pokémon go through a transporter as a nod to the idea) case in point Misty’s Poliwhirl and the Clampearl on the ABC islands.

I don’t think Ash is going to catch Feebas.

I'm afraid that Team Rocket might be in this episode, the episode that makes less sense for them to be.

This or his ratio will be 12 OUT OF 31 less than 40%

I'm afraid that Team Rocket might be in this episode, the episode that makes less sense for them to be.

This or his ratio will be 12 OUT OF 31 less than 40%
Quantity doesn't and shouldn't mean anything. I'd rather have more episodes with TRio being themselves rather than them appearing often in a generic villain manner and stuffed into a conflict with the protagonists just for the sake of using up screen time.

And so far, there have only been 4 or so episodes where they've been entertaining without any of the stuff I mentioned (JN012, JN013, JN019, JN024, minor props to their 4th wall breaking moments in JN026).

Quantity doesn't and shouldn't mean anything. I'd rather have more episodes with TRio being themselves rather than them appearing often in a generic villain manner and stuffed into a conflict with the protagonists just for the sake of using up screen time.

And so far, there have only been 4 or so episodes where they've been entertaining without any of the stuff I mentioned (JN012, JN013, JN019, JN024, minor props to their 4th wall breaking moments in JN026).
I can't agree more.
Normally the TRio episodes when they're focused on their story and development as characters tend to be sooo good. Them being only there to be generic evil team 1 is so boring. Honestly rather have biff and the other woman return to serve that purpose

You are absoletuly right. I would prefer a quality over quanitity Rockets like we had in S&M. But now we only have these morons with the gatcha. I liked them in episode 18 too but only because of Chewtle.

But all this absences and the lack of Pokémon, I have a feeling that the end is near for Team Rocket Trio.

I brainfarted on that second part while typing the above comment. I was going to mention Hutch and Cassidy as well as Matori and her team (literally set up a few episodes back) to be used as the generic evil gang instead of TRio themselves. It's only holding the quartet back despite there being potential for them. For example, what happened to the backstory they were going to explore in the interviews before the series premiered?

I hope too that Cassidy and Fudge appear. And I want more of Matori.

About the backstory.... well we knew recently that the Leon vs Raihan episode was wrote before the games and anime release so there is still time for that episode to happen. Or it is just another lie like Ash Sobble or the Piplup and the Croagunk. We should be used to that by this point...

About the backstory.... well we knew recently that the Leon vs Raihan episode was wrote before the games and anime release so there is still time for that episode to happen. Or it is just another lie like Ash Sobble or the Piplup and the Croagunk. We should be used to that by this point...
That was made before the games?

That was made before the games?
It was. There was an interview recently where (among other things) they mentioned that was written before the games were released so they didn't know how popular Raihan would end up being.

For example, what happened to the backstory they were going to explore in the interviews before the series premiered?
These are the interviews in which the TRio's seiyuus begged that fans petition the producers to increase their appearance rate because there was so much interesting stuff they could do. Whether they ever get to do any of that remains to be seen...

Summary and VA lists courtesy of Adamant

Hinbass is said to be the shabbiest Pokémon in the world, so how can someone demonstrate its appeal? Hinbass' secrets gets revealed in a "Water Type Pokémon Friendship Contest"?!

Summary:
Koharu's little brother Sota has come to Satoshi and Go for advice. He explains that his friend Nami is feeling bad because everyone keeps telling her her Pokémon isn't any cute. The Pokémon in question is a Hinbass, which is said to be the shabbiest Pokémon in the world. However, Nami and Hinbass aim to win the Water Type Pokémon Friendship Contest in order to make everyone acknowledge it, since the truth is that Hinbass hides an amazing secret!!

Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Kana Hanazawa: Koharu
Yuichi Nakamura: Sakuragi
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Sayaka Senbongi: Kikuna
Noriaki Kanze: Renji
Chihiro Ueda: Sota
Wakana Minami: Nami
Risa Shimizu: Audience member
Kei Shindo: Girl
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

Why are they even here?

I assume you mean Team Rocket

I don't mind them appearing if the Pokemon they use are their own Pokemon, Frillish and/or Mareanie, James would certainly win Water Type Pokémon Friendship Contest (or come close maybe) instead of dressing one of their Pokemon in an fake disguise

I don't mind them appearing if the Pokemon they use are their own Pokemon, Frillish and/or Mareanie, James would certainly win Water Type Pokémon Friendship Contest (or come close maybe) instead of dressing one of their Pokemon in an fake disguise
You're such an evil person, don't do this...don't give me hope
Wakana Minami: Nami
Hmmmmmmm, definitly a one piece reference, there is irrefutable evidence! Meltan appeared in the manga, and recently a trio of character's had characteristics similar to scyther and pinsir and heracross.
But is it actually possible that they chose the name after the voice actor? Probably just a coincidence

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom