• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon Evolution/Capture/Release Thread

Goh caught a Pidgey in JN020 though it's understandable how you couldn't recall it due to how forgetful 90% of his captures are.

As for the rest of your post, the theory does sound really interesting and if JN007's Mr. Mime trainership switcheroo is any indication, they're capable of doing these asspull moves with Pidgeot as well. Especially if they're backed into a corner in terms of writing or decide to go with a plot first approach. Either that, or it was just another of those false hype moments that those initial episodes will be notorious for.
Oops. I'm only on episode 19 in my rewatch, I guess I should have checked though :confused:.

EeB8rhSXoAUIuKW

Ash's Lucario vs Goh's Cinderace

Naturally this is all just wishful thinking, but I'm not sure we should give up on Pidgeot just yet. Unless of course this was all intentional and the writers just wanted to stir up even more hype at the time.
With all the Kanto nostalgia in this series I think Pidgeot's chance of returning is the highest it has ever been, though I'd still put it very low.
I have to say I find it sort of funny that Pidgeotto was the most forgettable part of Ash's Kanto team but became the anime fanbase's holy grail after being released.

Ash's Lucario vs Goh's Cinderace
I am shocked, shocked to that find Riolu might be evolving quickly.
Cinderace has been popping up recently too.

This means that Gou might enter the PWC as well.
This is a really silly assumption. The main/travelling cast members never had goals that were redundant and especially not in a direct manner. At most, Goh might have a few more battles either to help his Pokemon or as a hobby.

And before someone decides to bring it up, Kiawe's path is noticeably different than Ash's.

Last edited:
This is a really silly assumption. The main/travelling cast members never had goals that were redundant and especially not in a direct manner. At most, Goh might have a few more battles either to help his Pokemon or as a hobby.

And before someone decides to bring it up, Kiawe's path is noticeably different than Ash.
I don't see why they would promote this otherwise.

So far Goh hasn't visited Alola and I'm curious to see what Pokemon he might get there

I reckon an Alola Form Pokemon, maybe he'll evolve his Exeggcute there
I see the likes of morelul (fun fact, my gf's favorite mon), an oricorio and perhaps pikipeko. Honestly I want the Alola episode to come so damn fast because I want to see how it'll be written

I'm still hesitant to link merch to stuff that happens in the anime, especially given this series's current track record with stuff like Piplup and Sobble, but after looking at those images again and given what we now know about the upcoming episodes, maybe the Pinsir episode is hinting toward a Heracross capture by one of the boys (most likely Gou)? Just a thought.

Back
Top Bottom