• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN035: Get Pikachu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be fine with it if Ash was given some focus in such episodes, but he’s usually on the back burner. But when Ash gets a focus episode Go does his own thing and has a notable side plot. I got it initially that they wanted us to know Go, but we already know him now.

I haven’t watched all the episodes but I've usually found that when Go has focus Ash takes on a sidekick role in the same plot, but when it’s Ash's turn to get focus Go goes (unintentional alliteration) away somewhere else. He’s also notably late when it came to spectating the Fake!Battle Fromtier Tournament and the Kalos tournament.

I wish Ash got similar side plots in such episodes too. He can do his own thing if Go can.

Well.. the difference is that Ash isn't Greedy, while Gou is. Gou is so greedy, that he doesn't even allow Ash to have focus in its own episode and also demands Screen time in Ash focus episodes (just a joke obviously)

Well.. the difference is that Ash isn't Greedy, while Gou is. Gou is so greedy, that he doesn't even allow Ash to have focus in its own episode and also demands Screen time in Ash focus episodes (just a joke obviously)
Oddly enough Gurrkin fully seriously tells Go that he’s greedy but the "greed is good". I thought the moment might be for laughs but the tone wasn't that of a joke.

I dont know how to feel about Gou having a Pikachu or a Raichu
It might be a background fodder Pokémon like the others. Go already has two Pokémon that need to be featured prominently (Raboot and Sobble), there isn’t really enough room for more mascot Pokémon with Go specially if they manage to stuff Grookey in somehow.

They tried 20 years to give a Pikaclone to a companion, instead of Pikachu. And now they give Gou a Pikachu?

So let me get this straight: out of 4 episodes 3 are about Go.

Ok...

It's WAY too much, especially as even in Ash focused episodes Goh gets to do things while in Goh episodes? Ash just stands around like a background character.
As bad as Iris was at least you could ignore her, Goh's the worst

Well this is one of the main issues if you have only 2 main characters

I think Goh is starting to raise more and more opossition towards him.

And to be sincere I like it

Episode 33 (Trading)'s summary is that Ash and Go visit a Pokemon swap meet and some trainer was obsessed with trading Go's Pinsir (the initial translation said Go was obsessed with trading but they later said that it’s the other guy obsessed with Pinsir and deleted the summary translations, probably for amendment).

Bea episode is about Ash and Go challenging the saffron dojo but Bea defeats the trainers there before them.

I doubt it, else it would have been mentioned in the summary (Like with any other region we have visited so far).
There is a place in Alola called the Pikachu Valley (which only appears in USUM) that the anime completely skipped over during SM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom