• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN034: The Solitary Fighter Saitou! The Threatening Otosupus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea. Like image how cool it could’ve been if it was set in Veilstone City. It would be amazing seeing Maylene and Bea going at it in a battle.

Well I didn't even think of this and now I'm mad it's not real! That would've been amazing.

Guess I gotta stick to fanfiction for this kind of amazing content :cry:

I don't really mind this being in Kanto, since it's a location we've not seen that much in the anime. Just makes me wonder if they'll remember to carry over any details introduced for the dojo during its first appearance in the Advanced Generation.

I don't think Kanto pandering is really the issue. The problem is that this "world tour" series has mostly taken place at the "home base" in Vermilion City. In truth, the rest of Kanto is getting neglected just as hard as the other regions, and it's been more than 20 years since we've seen most of these towns, and even the ones that got revisited in BF were represented poorly.

Yea. Like image how cool it could’ve been if it was set in Veilstone City. It would be amazing seeing Maylene and Bea going at it in a battle.
Korrina, Maylene, and Bea within the span of 10 episodes sounds a little excessive. :LOL:

Last edited:
For a world travel series we are not traveling that much aren't we?

Also I expected to not get to Alola untill the second year of the series so I expected this.

I’m sure Bea debuting in this episode and the fact that it’s somewhere different than Vermilion will elevate it pretty high. I’m expecting it to be good but it still being in Kanto when they know that Galar is the new region everyone wants to see more of, even outside of 2-parters, is upsetting.

I’m kind of hoping Ash fights her and loses so they can set up a rematch in Galar.

Summary courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

Satoshi and Go are visiting the Fighting Dojo in Yamabuki City. They intend to challenge the Karate Master who's the Dojo Master to a Pokémon battle, but it turns out he's just lost to a Fighting Type Gym Leader from the Galar region?!

“They intend to challenge”, I wonder why they said they and not just Ash, that implies that Go wanted to battle the Dojo Master as well.

He has been showing more interest in battle. Hopefully that's a sign of moving away from mindless catching sprees to actually battling for captures.

He has been showing more interest in battle. Hopefully that's a sign of moving away from mindless catching sprees to actually battling for captures.

While I’m sure Go’s capture style change won’t change, considering he still has to advertise Pokémon GO’s capture style, he definitely has begun to become more open to battling in general. Back in JN010, he just threw Poké Balls at Dewgong until it was too tired to resist, but ever since JN024 with the Lord, after they either break free or reflect his first throw, he immediately battles them afterwards to weaken them. And last episode he was actually training his Pokémon.

I think he will still catch a lot of the weaker Pokémon he finds without battling but we’ll see an increase of stronger Pokémon that Go will actually have to weaken to capture.

...well, my hopes for this episode just went down some -_-

And braces yourselves for tentacle jokes. You know the ones...

No doubt Sabrina and her family will be forgotten about

Note that they were in Saffron for THREE episodes in AG and she didn't appear when it would've made good FRLG promotion....

Last edited:
Maybe Gou acquires a powerful Pokemon in the previous episode and wants to test it out at the dojo. Or knowing this series, he uses his new ace; Farfetch'd.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time the Yamabuki Doujou appears right? Unless it showed up in the Battle Frontier saga, which I don't quite remember.

Just for this fact I don't mind the episode is taking place in Kanto.

As far as I'm concerned, this series is no longer a "world tour." Rather, it's the third (!) Kanto-based saga that just features a variety of cameos from other regions.
That's what I was thinking.
I was going to say "but at least the finale is going to be a battle with Leon in Wyndon Stadium" but then I realized "maybe it'll take place at Indigo Plateau instead".

That's what I was thinking.
I was going to say "but at least the finale is going to be a battle with Leon in Wyndon Stadium" but then I realized "maybe it'll take place at Indigo Plateau instead".

Luckily they'll need to be in a Power Spot for their Gigantamax battle. Well, unless Eternatus feels like following Ash and Goh to Kanto and starts causing problems there.

As far as I'm concerned, this series is no longer a "world tour." Rather, it's the third (!) Kanto-based saga that just features a variety of cameos from other regions.
That's a big issue I have, outside of Goh's goal and the Pokemon Go capture mechanics. They try to advertise this series as a world tour situation, but too many episodes are taking place in Kanto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom