• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN032: Celebi: A Timeless Promise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary and VA lists courtesy of Adamant

Three years ago on a family trip to Hiwada Town in the Jouto region, Go met a young boy named Tokio who was searching for the Mythical Pokémon Celebi. But why does Go look so gloomy when he remembers this?

Summary:
Three years ago, Go met a young boy named Tokio on a family trip to Hiwada Town in the Jouto region. Tokio was searching for the Mythical Pokémon Celebi, and the two kindred spirits decided to search for it together, but Celebi turned out to not be all that easy to find. The two of them parted ways, promising to meet up again the next day to continue their search, but Tokio never showed up at the spot they had promised to meet that day. Flash forward to present day, when Go once again visits Hiwada Town and ends up encountering...

Voice Cast:
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Megumi Hayashibara: Rabbifoot
Shinichiro Miki: Strike
Yuji Ueda: Kamonegi
Risa Shimizu: Muma
Sayaka Senbongi: Messon
Kei Shindo: Kireihana
Noriaki Kanze: Ariados
Michiko Neya: Kurune
Takayuki Masuda: Ikuo
Ayahi Takagaki: Tokio
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration

Summary and VA lists courtesy of Adamant

Three years ago on a family trip to Hiwada Town in the Jouto region, Go met a young boy named Tokio who was searching for the Mythical Pokémon Celebi. But why does Go look so gloomy when he remembers this?

Summary:
Three years ago, Go met a young boy named Tokio on a family trip to Hiwada Town in the Jouto region. Tokio was searching for the Mythical Pokémon Celebi, and the two kindred spirits decided to search for it together, but Celebi turned out to not be all that easy to find. The two of them parted ways, promising to meet up again the next day to continue their search, but Tokio never showed up at the spot they had promised to meet that day. Flash forward to present day, when Go once again visits Hiwada Town and ends up encountering...

Voice Cast:
Daiki Yamashita: Go
Megumi Hayashibara: Rabbifoot
Shinichiro Miki: Strike
Yuji Ueda: Kamonegi
Risa Shimizu: Muma
Sayaka Senbongi: Messon
Kei Shindo: Kireihana
Noriaki Kanze: Ariados
Michiko Neya: Kurune
Takayuki Masuda: Ikuo
Ayahi Takagaki: Tokio
Marina Aicholtz: Go's Smartphone Rotom
Kenyu Horiuchi: Narration
......No Ash?
3e0b2cb.jpg

No one will ever break Ash's record no matter the circumstances, was there ever an episode where Ash and pikachu didn't appear?
I take that back.
What if he appears, but says nothing?
Here's a theory, maybe Ash and Pikachu will appear, they just don't have a speaking role

Seems highly likely
You ninja'd me...

So no Ash but lots of Goh? Inb4 people start calling Goh a "psychopath" again. :bulbaFacepalm: I for one am glad that Ash isn't going to have a speaking role because he's not needed in a Goh centered episode like this anyways.

Lol. Then Ash should have a side plot, since Goh gets a side plot in Ash centered episodes.

I don’t know how to feel about Ash not showing up at all, perhaps Go is only there because his parents took him on a trip like when he met Tokio the first time, and that’s why Ash won’t be there?

Either way, I thought this was funny, so I made it:
View attachment 135123

I don't think there's anything funny about the point that you're making with that image because it's like you're saying that Goh having this episode to himself is automatically a bad thing. This is literally the only episode he's gotten so far where he's the only major character being shown if we're sure that Ash isn't getting any lines here. If this had been a recurring pattern then maybe I could understand why it would annoy some people but I'm kind of sick of everything that Goh does becoming an in-joke or a meme.

I don't think there's anything funny about the point that you're making with that image because it's like you're saying that Goh having this episode to himself is automatically a bad thing. This is literally the only episode he's gotten so far where he's the only major character being shown if we're sure that Ash isn't getting any lines here. If this had been a recurring pattern then maybe I could understand why it would annoy some people but I'm kind of sick of everything that Goh does becoming an in-joke or a meme.

I just saw an opportunity to make a joke about it only being Go in the episode and I did. I don’t think the episode will be bad and I’m actually looking forward to see how Go acts and develops in an uncomfortable situation without Ash or Koharu. I haven’t seen the episode so I’m not going to judge it before I’ve seen it. It’s very possible that the fact that Ash isn’t there will influence how Go behaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom