• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN032: Celebi: A Timeless Promise

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the whole "I dont trust people" had been consistent, then this would make sense.

But that only happened in episode 3 so it does not make much sense now.

Man they could have made Go a better character but we have to stand for this character.

Last edited:
Loyalty is tied to trust if we are talking of a relation between friends.

Looks to be a very touching and sad episode that could develop Goh a lot.
Go does look more likeable here, but I'd have to actually watch the episode to comment on this.
Based on the preview I kind of like Tokio. I wonder what would happen if Ash had met Tokio and not Go (it’s just a hypothetical fun "What if", before someone accuses me of "Go hate/propaganda).

Go does look more likeable here, but I'd have to actually watch the episode to comment on this.
Based on the preview I kind of like Tokio. I wonder what would happen if Ash had met Tokio and not Go (it’s just a hypothetical fun "What if", before someone accuses me of "Go hate/propaganda).
I don't know what Tokio is like exactly, but it's safe to assume that in over 1000 episodes and 20 movies, Ash has met similar characters. Now let's wonder what would have happened in every special had it featured Ash.

How can this be character development if it is a flashback? What does it add to current Gou?
Like Lillie and Serena who's flashback actually added something to the current story
You do realize that the summary alludes to Go reuniting with Tokio in the present, right? The preview doesn't show everything.

I remember when we were discussing that Ash had too much screentime in episodes unrelated to him. Oh boy, if only we knew...

If we exclude the implications of Ash’s absense, this seems like a cute episode. If only we had a “meanwhile” episode dedicated to him...

If we exclude the implications of Ash’s absense, this seems like a cute episode. If only we had a “meanwhile” episode dedicated to him...
I think this is the biggest root of the issue, the lack of a side plot in general for Ash and not necessarily within the episode itself. Even Goh had side plots in Ash's episodes, some of them even outright squeezing the minutes out of Ash's focus. Or maybe it could have happened off screen like the Spearow capture in JN018. They could have had the next episode showing a parallel plotline with what Ash is doing instead of self-containing the issue and jumping straight to the next plot of the day.

The only way the lack of Ash in this episode can be forgiven if he's actually actively doing something off screen instead of just being background, and if that action is actually brought up.

I think this is the biggest root of the issue, the lack of a side plot in general for Ash and not necessarily within the episode itself. Even Goh had side plots in Ash's episodes, some of them even outright squeezing the minutes out of Ash's focus. Or maybe it could happened off screen like the Spearow capture in JN018. They could have had the next episode showing a parallel plotline with what Ash is doing instead of self-containing the issue and jumping straight to the next plot of the day.

The only way the lack of Ash in this episode can be forgiven if he's actually actively doing something off screen instead of just being background, and if that action is actually brought up.

So what, we'd come back and find Ash with a tournament trophy, new rank status in the WCS, or a bunch of new Pokemon?

I mean sure...we'd all love that.....

As long as no one is insulting anyone about their opinion on Go we should all be fine.

Good point. I will say that referring to other people as "toxic" like that one user did is fairly toxic if you ask me.

Forget understanding everyone's feelings. Just label them as being something that they're not. That'll get people far in life, am I right? :wynaut:

Good point. I will say that referring to other people as "toxic" like that one user did is fairly toxic if you ask me.

Forget understanding everyone's feelings. Just label them as being something that they're not. That'll get people far in life, am I right? :wynaut:
Yea, it seems that really the ones labeling others as toxic don’t seem to like that others don’t like Go and are vocal about it despite the fact that, even looking at him objectively, he is a pretty polarizing character. It’s really not hard to see how he could run people the wrong way. So when you compound that with there only being 2 cast members and how much focus he’s gotten even in episodes dedicated to Ash, people are gonna get annoyed.

I think this is the biggest root of the issue, the lack of a side plot in general for Ash and not necessarily within the episode itself. Even Goh had side plots in Ash's episodes, some of them even outright squeezing the minutes out of Ash's focus. Or maybe it could have happened off screen like the Spearow capture in JN018. They could have had the next episode showing a parallel plotline with what Ash is doing instead of self-containing the issue and jumping straight to the next plot of the day.

So people complain about pointless side plots, and now, there's complaining about the lack of a side plot?

So people complain about pointless side plots, and now, there's complaining about the lack of a side plot?
People would be fine if there are no pointless side plots at all, but we do get them and they favour one character to the detriment of the other. Since the writers are hell bent on adding in side plots for Go, I’m not too peeved on people asking for side plots for Ash.

Just even out the focus, pointless side plots or not, and not ruin the once-in-a-blue-moon Ash focus episode.

I think that this episode could actually be good, and explain why Goh is soo afraid to lose his friends. However, I'm also feeling some fake-out vibes a la Goodbye Rabbifoot.

I don't think there's anything funny about the point that you're making with that image because it's like you're saying that Goh having this episode to himself is automatically a bad thing. This is literally the only episode he's gotten so far where he's the only major character being shown if we're sure that Ash isn't getting any lines here. If this had been a recurring pattern then maybe I could understand why it would annoy some people but I'm kind of sick of everything that Goh does becoming an in-joke or a meme.

This. It's beyond sad that Goh getting one full episode to himself (i.e. Ash not being around) is seen as a bad thing. Ash has had over 1000 episodes so I don't see how him missing 1 is problematic.

Well, trailer makes it look like this is gonna be the episode explaining that line in episode 3.

And then the very end has that upbeat end of trailer music and Pikachu and the others yelling happily and sort of hurts the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom