• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

One, Two, Three (Version 2)

Yay Raboot's in the new opening! However he might evolve soon as I expected. But I don't know how to post spoiler tags, so I can't explain the rest of the opening since you guys don't want to get spoiled.

Please tell me Darkest Day will happen in November, December, or early next year (hopefully later)...

Heck, please tell me it'll be an actual arc! :cry:
(at least Gen 8 give them a lot to work with)

And yep, it looks like the Gen 8 rivals are gonna be screwed over (as rivals often are)...:cry:

But I don't know how to post spoiler tags
You can type [*SPOILER] [/*SPOILER] around content you want to hide, just make sure to remove the asterisks (those are there to prevent the forum from actually creating a spoiler). Alternatively, in the text editor, if you click on the three dots to the right of the smiley face, you’ll get a drop down menu with several options, including spoiler tags and in-line spoilers.
419B6DF3-04C7-4C8D-AB7D-A332B03D66AB.jpeg

Analysis
*So Gou is going to catch the Flygon in 36 it seems. May not be the end of Ash's down arc then since I doubt he'd catch it if Ash defeats it.
*Alola classmates might be appearing based off that and the scene that seems to be in Alola.
*Looks like Ash might be challenging Galar gyms from the scene of him entering a stadium.
*Eternatus
*All those Legendaries concerns me a tad...

Edit: Further notes:
*Not surprised Lucario and Cinderace are happening so soon.
*Is the Darkest Day happening sooner than expected? I was already expecting Gou to take Hop's role.
*What is with that Aerodactyl? Are Ash or Gou capturing one?

Last edited:
Analysis
*So Gou is going to catch the Flygon in 36 it seems. May not be the end of Ash's down arc then since I doubt he'd catch it if Ash defeats it.
*Alola classmates might be appearing based off that and the scene that seems to be in Alola.
*Looks like Ash might be challenging Galar gyms from the scene of him entering a stadium.
*Eternatus
*All those Legendaries concerns me a tad...
Why those legendaries

You can type [*SPOILER] [/*SPOILER] around content you want to hide, just make sure to remove the asterisks (those are there to prevent the forum from actually creating a spoiler). Alternatively, in the text editor, if you click on the three dots to the right of the smiley face, you’ll get a drop down menu with several options, including spoiler tags and in-line spoilers.
OK. Thank you!

I was admittedly hoping that there would be some more hints about what Ash will capture in the future, but it was still awesome to see that he'll get a Lucario in the not too distant future. I wanted them to take their time with Riolu, but its evolution was guaranteed given how popular Lucario is and being a friendship based evolution would potentially make it easier to justify how fast it evolves too. I'm still holding out hope for Grookey though. Yamper being in the group shot with Ash's other Pokemon is weird, but I hope that Koharu is becoming more interested in going on adventures with Ash and Goh.

I'm a bit more surprised with Goh's Raboot evolving into Cinderace. I guess that it was bound to happen when it already evolved so fast, but it's just weird to think that Goh could have a Cinderace within the first year of Journeys' run. It would be pretty neat if they also gain access to Cinderace's Gigantamax form. I assume that could be one reason why they went through Scorbunny's evolutions so fast.

They did show off Eternatus when they first went to Galar, but I wasn't expecting a potential Darkest Day plot so soon. A part of me would be sad if this meant that Hop wouldn't be featured in the series, but another part of me would be okay with it. As much as I love Hop, I don't want him to get the Hau treatment where he seemingly has nothing meaningful to do in the anime and his impact could have been easily replaced with a different character. Plus, I like Goh and if he starts battling more often with his Pokemon, that will be neat. I also like that he'll get Flygon and possibly be used frequently based it being featured within the episode.

I'm just happy with potential more focus on Galar in the future. I also love the Leon pose with his Charizard.

The Alola classmates aside from Lillie appearing is a big surprise. I wasn't expecting to have returning characters this soon. If they were going to Alola, I figured that they would just run into Professor Kukui and Burnet at least. Kiawe and Mallow were still in Alola, while Lana and Sophocles were out traveling, but they could easily say that their vacation already ended and they're back to school. It will be fun to see the SM cast again, especially Kiawe since he was always my favorite. It will be interesting how they interact with Ash and Goh. Goh's reaction to possibly learning about Ash's time in Alola, including being the Alola Champion, would be interesting too. I also really hope that we'll get to see Professor Kukui and Burnet. Out of all of the SM cast, Ash easily had the strongest connection with Professor Kukui and I want to see Ash's reaction to Professor Kukui and Burnet becoming parents so much.

This does make the idea of other older characters turning feel more plausible, especially when it would be potentially easier to write them in when Ash and Goh are traveling around the world this time around. I imagine that they'll run into Lille eventually. She was one of the more popular SM characters and while she is probably still out searching for Mohn, not being included with the rest of the SM classmates is a bit odd with that in mind.

The rock version of this opening has a pretty solid beat too.

I'm a bit more surprised with Goh's Raboot evolving into Cinderace. I guess that it was bound to happen when it already evolved so fast, but it's just weird to think that Goh could have a Cinderace within the first year of Journeys' run. It would be pretty neat if they also gain access to Cinderace's Gigantamax form. I assume that could be one reason why they went through Scorbunny's evolutions so fast.

They did show off Eternatus when they first went to Galar, but I wasn't expecting a potential Darkest Day plot so soon.
I'm actually wondering if generation 8 is going to be short and that's why the anime seems to be moving at such a fast clip.

A part of me would be sad if this meant that Hop wouldn't be featured in the series, but another part of me would be okay with it. As much as I love Hop, I don't want him to get the Hau treatment where he seemingly has nothing meaningful to do in the anime and his impact could have been easily replaced with a different character.
Personally, I feel that doing Hop's arc properly would require him to be a main character, so I think it's better to leave him out than to mishandle his story. I do wonder if Ash is getting a variation on it since he seems to be going on a defeat spiral after a strong start like Hop had in the games? Ash is even a research assistant now and Hop decided to become a professor, though I don't see them taking Ash that far.

Out of all of the SM cast, Ash easily had the strongest connection with Professor Kukui and I want to see Ash's reaction to Professor Kukui and Burnet becoming parents so much.
I actually want their kid to have been born so the show's weird sliding timeline can keep on getting weirder. ;)

Mimey isn’t a lab Pokemon though, it’s owned by Ash and shown with the party under some circumstances.
Nah. There were magazine scans listing Ash's current party earlier this year, and Mimey wasn't in them. It's a lab Pokémon.
Was my first thought but that circle/dome is far too big to be a button and the bottom white portion doesn't center out properly, not to mention that black divider between both portions.
Watch it when the Ball opens. It goes up along with the Ball's upper part. It's the button seen from behind.
Sooo... I guess the gachat is not going to leave anytime soon? RIP possible Rocket captures
The vending machine is likely staying for the rest of the series.

1. Absolutely stoked for the Alola Crew to return. I'm pretty sure Kukui will appear as well, and I'm guessing they're saving Lillie for later.
  2. This new version of 1-2-3 is pretty underwhelming. They hardly changed the orchestration and I don't think the singing is even as good as After the Rain's version. Okay, it grew on me.
  3. Still no evidence of reserves which makes me sad.
  4. Brock-baiting with that Ludicolo scene. After episode 8 this just makes me want to give them the middle finger, but tbh it's already quite likely that he will appear at some point in this series so whatever.
  5. Ash might get Aerodactly. That scene was clearly a battle between Ash and Gou, and Aerodactyl was fighting on Ash's side. We do have evidence that an Ash vs. Gou will happen soon from all of the Cinderace vs. Lucario stuff. On one hand I kind of groan at the thought of Ash getting another Kanto mon, but he's nearly gotten killed by this thing about half-a-dozen times so him finally catching one would be pretty cathartic.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom