• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Latest Wild Area Max Raids

As expected, the current Max Raid event will roll over tomorrow at midnight.

Random guess but I wonder if the next event will be either autumn-based Pokemon to celebrate the turn of the season. Granted, there's not a lot of those in the Galar 'dex methinks.

The new max raid event came out today. It’s for Grass- and Electric-type Pokémon, featuring G-Max Toxtricity and G-Max Flapple/Appletun.

I suppose we could call this month’s event a power plant of activity [pun intended].

So we’ve done Rock/Steel (starring G-Max Coalossal and Copperajah), Water/Ground (with G-Max Drednaw and Sandaconda), and now Electric/Grass (with G-Max Toxtricity and Flappletun).

I wonder how long they intend to keep these monthly spotlights going. These have continually focused on two G-Max Pokémon per event, and aren’t an even number of Galarian G-Max Pokémon left. I guess they could recycle the Gen 1 and 5 G-Max Pokémon, but then you’d have some type overlaps (Water was already represented alongside Drednaw, but you’d have to do an event for Kingler too).

So we’ve done Rock/Steel (starring G-Max Coalossal and Copperajah), Water/Ground (with G-Max Drednaw and Sandaconda), and now Electric/Grass (with G-Max Toxtricity and Flappletun).

I wonder how long they intend to keep these monthly spotlights going. These have continually focused on two G-Max Pokémon per event, and aren’t an even number of Galarian G-Max Pokémon left. I guess they could recycle the Gen 1 and 5 G-Max Pokémon, but then you’d have some type overlaps (Water was already represented alongside Drednaw, but you’d have to do an event for Kingler too).
They don't have to focus on a specific pair of types or Gigantamax Pokémon though. Game Freak could easily make these spotlight raids fit other themes. Besides, who's to say that Game Freak can't just add in more Gigantamax forms through some sort of patch if running out of them is a concern of theirs?

That being said, does anyone know if this raid event gives access to Boltund's hidden ability?

They don't have to focus on a specific pair of types or Gigantamax Pokémon though. Game Freak could easily make these spotlight raids fit other themes. Besides, who's to say that Game Freak can't just add in more Gigantamax forms through some sort of patch if running out of them is a concern of theirs?

I certainly don't think they have to, I'm just estimating based on if the current trend continues.

That being said, does anyone know if this raid event gives access to Boltund's hidden ability?

Technically The Isle of Armor already did (Den 106's rare spawn pool), but yes, you can get a HA Boltund from these raids as well.

Pass. No trade evos and no Armor content but at least the opposite version's apple wyrm is available.

The focus is on 2 semi-related types rather than on Gigantamaxes, and I think it will last until early 2021 (all types will be covered within 9 months). The ignored Gigantamaxes will likely be on the limited mid-month events, Kingler was available in the Shiny Wailord one.

Random guess but I wonder if the next event will be either autumn-based Pokemon to celebrate the turn of the season. Granted, there's not a lot of those in the Galar 'dex methinks.

Remember that seasons don't exist in many countries on the world, and another bunch of countries has the opposite seasons to those on the Northern Hemisphere. That's also why I doubt a Thanksgiving event is likely.

Last edited:
Remember that seasons don't exist in many countries on the world, and another bunch of countries has the opposite seasons to those on the Northern Hemisphere. That's also why I doubt a Thanksgiving event is likely.
This is why I shouldn't post when I'm tired. Thanks for pointing that out.

Hmm... I just noticed something interesting about these recent Max Raid events: the following event has a type advantage over the previous ones. The first event was a Rock and Steel event. The second event was a Water and Ground event, which has type advantage over it (Water beats Rock, Ground beats Rock and Steel). The current event is a Grass and Electric event, which also has type advantage (Grass beats both Water and Ground, Electric beats Water). While I'm willing to write it off as a coincidence, it does seem to have a possible pattern to it. However, given the fact that, considering Electric is only weak to Ground, which was the previous event, I think that'll break the pattern next month unless they do a second Ground event (doubtful, but it could be interesting if they did), which is why I'm willing to write it off as a possible coincidence. Still, it's interesting nonetheless. Just an observation I made.

Happened to come across a 5-star Shiny G-Max Appletun! :eek: Nice to finally get a Shiny in a raid that I can confirm wasn't manipulated (this one spawned legitimately within my own save file; I beat it on my own too, albeit after a few tries due to failed captures).

New middle-of-the-month raid, with the theme this time focusing on Pokémon that evolve using Sun Stones (Bellossom, Whimsicott, and Lilligant) and Moon Stones (Clefable, Wigglytuff, and Musharna) in celebration of the equinox. Guaranteed-Shiny Clefable can be found, and Lilligant and Wigglytuff make those species' families available to players who do not have the Expansion Pass or HOME. This event lasts until 23:59 UTC on September 20th.

Last edited:
So I got my shiny Clefable in the Max Raid from a spawn in Potbottom Desert, and then I got a new set of dens including one at the same spot. And guess what spawned in that same spot? Another shiny Clefable.

So, with the current month coming to a close this Thursday means this Electric/Grass event will also come to a close. The question remains what will be the next Max Raid event for October? Will it follow the coincidental pattern that I noticed before and have the next event Mons have type advantage over the previous? Or will it be something completely different, like a Halloween-style event where Ghost and Dark types take the stage? Also, will the event possibly coincide with the release of Crown Tundra, since that should be getting released soon? Guess we'll just have to wait and see, though I'd be all for a Halloween-type event, as I've always loved Halloween (a holiday where you can express your creativity freely with costumes and other fun stuff, yeah baby! The sweet treats are just the icing on the cake). What do you all think will be October's Max Raid event?

I can imagine there being a Halloween type raid event but it being the short one that takes one weekend out of the longer month long type event. Ghost types with a garunteed shiny den on something like Pumpkaboo for the weekend would be cool.

So, as it turns out, we ARE getting a Halloween-based Max Raid event this month. Dark and Ghost Mons are now haunting the dens, with G-Max Grimmsnarl and G-Max Gengar being the main attractions in these haunted houses. Looks like a frighteningly good time. Time for a spooktactular event where the ghosts and ghouls can break all the rules.

...Okay, I'll stop with the Halloween jokes now.

5 Star Hydreigon is the bane of my existence. You really need 4 top tier partners to survive that one thanks to the Nasty Plot spam. Thing is 2HKOing everything after the first turn.

SD Play Rough Zacian?

A new event celebrating Halloween is now live for a few days. Now, all the dens will have Ghost Mons, specifically ones like Unovian Yanmask, Mimikyu, Polteageist, and Pumpkaboo. There is also a chance for two guaranteed shinies: both Small and Super Sized Gourgeist in the higher ranks will be shiny, though there is only a 1% chance each to find them. It's time for the ghosts and ghouls that haunt the pale moonlight to emerge from the shadows and go bump in the night to give us all a fright! Let the Trick or Treating commence!

Are they starting to force the Max Raid events along now? I was busy looking for Shiny Gourgeists when the dens suddenly started changing. It seems the event shifted without me clicking "Get the Wild Area News".

Are they starting to force the Max Raid events along now? I was busy looking for Shiny Gourgeists when the dens suddenly started changing. It seems the event shifted without me clicking "Get the Wild Area News".

Perhaps I’m misremembering (I haven’t done the main game Max Raids regularly since... early June?), but I thought they always naturally shifted if you were online.

I do wish that they’d start shaking up the Max Raids a little bit more. I appreciate that they still cycle in G-max Pokémon; not everyone has the time to hunt them, and there are still people who are just getting started. But for those of us who’ve been playing for the last 6-12 months, there’s not much incentive to participate unless you’re shiny hunting.

I’d love to see stuff like Dusk Forme Rockruff/Lycanroc, and trade evolutions show up more often.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom