• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chaos Mafia V: This Time it's Personal. Endgame: This Is The Greatest Plan!

Technically, no. Didn't actually matter how we died, we just needed to be dead. Lynching would have worked. Vig shot or other night kills would have worked. Giving ME the Pineapple Pizza item would have worked.
Because you could also kill them at night, and they were?

He could have just as easily claimed PGO rather than granny specifically instead of drawing attention to it at all, with PGO being more widely used and all. I don't get what's sneaky there when I (and maybe others, I can't remember) commented on it being weird to use the granny terminology, it kinda makes sense to respond to that.
FA questioned it, so I responded. Are you saying you wouldn't respond if someone questioned the fact that you wrote the name listed in your role PM in your claim?

I don't see the point of questioning the naming of the role here. Why would granny be weirder than PGO?

and DawningWinds, no, that's not what I was getting at. Your wording, "I guess with the role I had I wanted to get everything out in the open and I was a bit tired at that point so I decided claiming the name used in my role was important?" is what strikes me as odd. You "guess"? Your hesitance makes it seem like you did something wrong.

You "guess"? Your hesitance makes it seem like you did something wrong
I was tired, and I can't say for sure what goes on in my brain when I'm tired. Thus, "I guess". And it did sound like the fact that I responded to FA's comment the fact that I mentioned "Granny" was the point you were trying to make.

Yeah I can elaborate on that. Personally I don't think that lynching the host is ever a good idea because lynching the host confirms that you will not be lynching mafia, since they are the hosts and therefore unaligned. So advocating for lynching the host is kinda anti-town.

Granted, this is Chaos Mafia. But it was just an odd entry for you, in my opinion.
In any other game, i’d agree. But the hosts were scum aligned in C4. Would ME repeat the same trick in the question that matters.

there could be a few reasons for this. It's a cheap reason to vote

Vote: Jinjo

I have seen scum players before who would post in other forum sections and ignore mafia games that are currently running by not saying anything in the thread and instead they would watch from the background. After reading everything, I find this odd you think I'm scum who is the 4th replacement and most of the time from my experience, it is always the scum roles that get the first priority in getting a replacement first. So wait a minute, if my slot never got a replacement then it could have gotten modkilled or would have gotten subbed in later on day 2.

leviathan with gun < leviathan with grandkids

Is there usually an odd-night granny/pgo when there's also an even-night one?

That may be the case here also, but it is Chaos Mafia - things making sense are not something that would be wise to expect.

I don’t. The other form hurts my eyes.

Apologies - I did not intend to do such a thing. Feel free to copy the text in my posts, for now, to paste to understand better.

I don't see the point of questioning the naming of the role here. Why would granny be weirder than PGO?

and DawningWinds, no, that's not what I was getting at. Your wording, "I guess with the role I had I wanted to get everything out in the open and I was a bit tired at that point so I decided claiming the name used in my role was important?" is what strikes me as odd. You "guess"? Your hesitance makes it seem like you did something wrong.

You are perceptive - but Star DawningWinds is likely being genuine here because it makes sense to word what he said in that manner if he was really tired.

There could be a few reasons for my vote on DarthWolf too, yet you are not voting me Star Space.

I'm modifying the rules.

12. Do not speculate about player substitutions, activity levels outside the thread, or related topics. That sort of metagaming is unsportsmanlike.

Knock it off, please and thank you. If you need any clarification, feel free to ask.

First
Vote: Magnificent Entertainer
That's for killing me and a sign that you're a bad parent love you dad

I'm an Even Night Granny (PGO, but my role PM says Granny), if you're planning on targetting me probably do it on odd nights.
I see some speculation surrounding this. I wasn't sure of it as it kinda sounds funny and ridiculous, but then again, this is chaos after all.
I'm a Reefback Leviathan from Subnautica.
Then came this.
Checks out in the sense that this is most certainly a character in the game (since I submitted it), but slightly awkward in the sense that I'm not sure it fits given Reefbacks are peaceful planktivores. Like, not a super huge red flag, but slightly awkward.
Lone confirms the character, but I agree that it doesn't sound fitting at all. @Lone_Garurumon can you give more context on the character?
Regarding HD it would appear he's under some kind of post restriction but HD's also a player I wouldn't put past making up a post restriction to throw people off.
I would like to post this question though; do you have to post like this temporarily or for the whole game @HumanDawn ?
Nah he is just roleplaying
I believe that it would also be of great importance to point out the following rule:

If the understanding of Mediator ME's and Doctor Floptopus's role is the factor on the Even Night PGO claim, then we may get a better explanation from Star DawningWinds sharing a screenshot of their Role PM. Mind, Role PMs can be faked upon request, but we would get an explanation at least.
You said it yourself though, if it can be faked, what's the point of asking for one?
It worked last time, but I don't trust these two to pull the same trick twice.
What happened last time?
IIRC correctly, the hosts were members of the mafia last time and had to be lynched in order for town to win.
Ah, I remember that now. I feel quite confident in saying that they already have role pms for themselves and already thought about host lynches. It's probably something else though, they'd be creative enough for that.
Oh no... Oh no!
Do you fear me already? Because you should.
@DarthWolf have you settled in with your scumbuddies yet?
No not yet, they seem to blatantly ignore me.
That's what the hosts have to say on the subject of how my role fits the character.
Mmh, ok I can somewhat see the logic in here. The granny part still doesnt make sense but that can just be the generic role name. I tried to look up the role online and see different version of it, but the general consensus is that it's a PGO on the town side (although that does nothing now I guess). I'll let the claim slide for now, not worth it at the moment, but I'll keep it in mind.
There are twenty players here, if we can't come up with someone to lynch, we can go for an inactive or DarthWolf.
I am honoured to die twice in a row for my country.
Is there a reason for the darth hate?
Oh you didn't get the message from ME, anyone who votes me gets paid. He's bribing the players as we speak.
He's DarthWolf.
Very convincing.

Unvote: Magnificent Entertainer
Vote: DarthWolf

Excuse me sir why is this not in the other font, I liked that font!
Modkills HD for editing a post
But since I like to pick on DW, I'm fine with voting Darth off. Later.
Do I see signs of scum here, wishing not to jump the wagon too soon and look suspicious?
Is there usually an odd-night granny/pgo when there's also an even-night one?
Not in particular, it's likely just to balance the role, for as much balance as exists in this game.
Aaaaanyway, @DarthWolf I'm waiting on your kingmaker claim. :U
Nah man it's too early for that, give it a few days when the town starts to crumble and all their hope lies on me, DarthWolf the Undead!

Aw c'mon Mido, don't you wanna have some fuuuuuuun?
I’m not a masochist
actually think I've played in a game with two town roles that were even/odd night targets. But I couldn't tell ya the game or the roles, I can't remember.
I’ve seen it but not as a granny
Apologies - I did not intend to do such a thing. Feel free to copy the text in my posts, for now, to paste to understand better.
....yeah no. I work mostly from phone, that is way worse than reading it.

Do you fear me already? Because you should.
Only in War of the Elements, Darth... :p

Do I see signs of scum here, wishing not to jump the wagon too soon and look suspicious?
More like someone too lazy to switch votes.

There is an even night granny, I wonder if there is an odd night granny as the character I submitted would probably fit the PGO role perfectly.

Gonna give y'all a Vote Count while I'm still around. Sabbath starts in about an hour, and I need to get ready.
Flop should be keeping an eye on y'all while I'm away, so don't try any funny business.

Votals:
Jinjo: II (MegaPod, Space)
MegaPod: I (Lone_Garurumon)
HumanDawn: I (Zachie)
Zachie: I (Snowy)
DarthWolf: IV (ZinnLav, HumanDawn, TheCapsFan, DarthWolf)
Snowy: I (FinalArcadia)
CrystalOnix: I (Jinjo)

Phase ends in 27.5 hours...ish at 9pm US CDT on 9/12.

Reading through the posts, I though it seemed like there was a fairly large bandwagon on DarthWolf compared to anyone else for no reason relevant to the game. Zinn's looks like a joke vote, but HumanDawn wanting a bandwagon to form on DW sounds a bit suspicious to me, as does TheCapsFan obliging to HD's request.

On the other hand, DarthWolf makes me wonder if he's just putting in a joke vote, or if he has a role-related reason to jump on his own bandwagon.

Also,
From where I am, it looks like Space is voting Jinjo because Jinjo is using other non-game-related activity I did this morning as evidence of my alignment,

and HumanDawn is conflating that with HumanDawn claiming there might be potential secondary reasons (though I know not what) for voting DarthWolf,
There could be a few reasons for my vote on DarthWolf too, yet you are not voting me Star Space.
to which I say, taking the fact that you don't know why I did other non-Chaos stuff this morning as evidence of my alignment, is not the same as withholding your reasons for voting someone, and drawing false equivalencies like that only serves to cause confusion and, well, chaos.
VOTE: HumanDawn

Jinjo's vote is bad sportsmanship, but imo not something scummy to vote them over.
Darth feels like a very odd wagon that started as a meme, but at this point it's gotten carried away to the point where I'm kinda wary of it. Darth is also on his own wagon which feels quite unusual. My gut instinct is to scream Jester, but that almost feels too pedestrian for Chaos.

Vote: TheCapsFan

One vote is a meme, a second is passable, but three is opportunistic.

Lone confirms the character, but I agree that it doesn't sound fitting at all. @Lone_Garurumon can you give more context on the character?
A reefback leviathan is a colossal creature (tied for second-largest in the game) that peacefully roams the waters of the crater, consuming microorganisms for sustenance as they go. Their large size and peaceful, slow-moving nature has resulted in a variety of flora and coral species settling and growing upon their flat backs, hence the name. In-game they are physically incapable of directly harming a player, but the tiger plants growing on their backs will fire harmful thorns at the player if they stray too close, as they would in any other location.

to which I say, taking the fact that you don't know why I did other non-Chaos stuff this morning as evidence of my alignment, is not the same as withholding your reasons for voting someone, and drawing false equivalencies like that only serves to cause confusion and, well, chaos.
Maybe I'm just being dumb, but I'm not exactly sure what your logic here is?

Back
Top Bottom