• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chaos Mafia V: This Time it's Personal. Endgame: This Is The Greatest Plan!

0*yjzJavtODjSZ1T7E

Star Report 2~

In a time of war between Stars and Blight, it is of vital importance to make a report assessing the contribution level of everyone. Slackers are to receive due punishment in due time for not partaking in the war despite being alive and present. Reads of whether a player is a Star or Blight end up being of little use with so little fighting amongst Stars and Blights, but one can make little notes as data based on what is not there yet to process into information for a later time.

1. TheCapsFan - Perfect, good, nice, take your vote more seriously though.

2. MegaPod - Kinda disappointing, I expect more posts, more insight.

3. ZinnLav - It's... fine, but could do with more insight.

4. Zachie - Very little, I wish for more involvement.

5. Lone_Garurumon - Decent, quite fine, more would help.

6. Rainbow Cloud - Very disappointing. Are you my enemy instead of a valuable ally this time?

7. DekuNut - Liking Mediator post 209 does not count as an activity.

8. Snowy - Just about what I'd expect, but I want more insight and passion.

9. DawningWinds - I want content that isn't just about you being a Granny. My granny used to wipe clean the house at 86!

10. Tood - I expect more and what's there doesn't feel like it's there.

11. Officer Snake - What's there is fine, but I want more insight.

12. Pika_pika42 - Not a single post in the thread despite being officially in the game. "No items matched your filter." Just subbed in though.

13. Midorikawa - "Oranges are orange.", "What, why is this happening?"

14. CyanideCrystal - Confirmation; the spot.

15. Crystal Onix - Perfect, really good, nothing to complain about even if we disagree.

16. Jinjo - Okay, but, expected? Nothing "bad" yet, they're good.

17. Space - Posting wise I expect and it's good and that the insight I disagree with comes from a Star vs. Star situation rather than any Blight wrong wishing.

18. DarthWolf - The posts are there, but the content inside them just isn't. A few good insights at least.

19. HumanDawn - Perfect. Beautiful. 4.69 Stars.

20. FinalArcadia - If all I have to say is "ok i guess" now, then it's not looking good :(

~End

What, do you mean this?

I don’t see anything about not reading players based on their performance in past games. Banning that seems a little silly, at least to me. :unsure:
OK, that makes sense.
>HumanDawn pushes for a lynch in a time of no good cases - bit s u s p i c i o u s
>TheCapsFan agrees and votes along - ^see above
OK, I think you and I may be coming at this from different angles because in my mind, there's still plenty of time to figure things out rather than rush into deciding who we're going to lynch early on in the phase.
>DarthWolf votes himself - maybe a joke vote or role-related reason nothing to do with trying to build up pity, no
Which, I didn't read it as seeking pity, that is correct.
Interesting that you don't point out that DW voted himself despite providing a reason to suspect Snowy, huh.
Do you mean this?
Do I see signs of scum here, wishing not to jump the wagon too soon and look suspicious?
If so, I read that as an attempt at a joke rather than an actual accusation, a read aided by the fact that DarthWolf voted the host, unvoted the host, and voted himself in the same post, which suggests a joke to me. Furthermore, I suspect most of the game's players didn't read much more than that into it.

HumanDawn said:
I think I am a bit lost here, but even if the equivalency is not the same - Star Space could have also criticized my vote on Blight DarthWolf by saying it's unfair of me for voting him when DarthWolf could have only confirmed at that exact same time I was voting him rather than him confirming in his scum chat first. She could have pointed it out and not voted me either, saying how Star Jinjo did it is slightly more suspicious and worse, but no such thoughts were presented in the first place.
It took me a while and several times reading over it to understand this part, but are you suggesting DarthWolf could have confirmed in scum chat before confirming in-game? Can scum do that? I don't remember seeing anything about that. I don't remember you voting for DarthWolf, and a search for votes against DarthWolf in this game only turns up posts from DarthWolf himself, so actually, I'm not sure what is meant here.

I wasn't here most of yesterday but catching up now.

Although Jinjo's reasoning for voting CO is not seen favourably and is now against the rules in this game I have seen her use this strategy a few times before including in Archie Sonic Mafia if I recall correct in which Space was also a player. Space voting Jinjo for this reason seems kind of opportunistic too as I think she knows Jinjo's playstyle.

Regarding the Darth wagon, which appears to a joke vote that has formed a wagon, I've seen noting particularly scummy from Darth so far so am wondering why the wagon persists?

Hello everyone. Maybe Fate liked my performance as (Paranoid?) Ascetic in my last game and decided to give me a similar role in this game. Just instead of being ascetic, I am a kind of reflector, whoever targets me, their role gets reflected back at them. So, if anyone wants to waste their role, they can target me and test the same.

I am still reading the game, just wanted to put this out there so as to not create a repeat of last time.

I checked the latest votals and Darth was leading, while it's generally a good idea to lynch Darth D1, do we have a basis for voting him or is it just meta as usual? One thing interesting was Darth voting for himself, could he be a jester or something similar?

OK, I think you and I may be coming at this from different angles because in my mind, there's still plenty of time to figure things out rather than rush into deciding who we're going to lynch early on in the phase.

If you do not rush Random Voting Stage out, then there is more time for Blights to have nothing to react to and thus less potential reading.

Which, I didn't read it as seeking pity, that is correct.

It may not be, but it's going to harm the game more than help. If you self-vote, you're waving a flag to me that you don't care about playing or want to build a shield to prevent others from continuing to vote you because it might make them look opportunistic in the eyes of others.

Do you mean this?
If so, I read that as an attempt at a joke rather than an actual accusation, a read aided by the fact that DarthWolf voted the host, unvoted the host, and voted himself in the same post, which suggests a joke to me. Furthermore, I suspect most of the game's players didn't read much more than that into it.

Yes.

I can understand a bit of what you mean about interpreting it as being a joke, but both of their replies sound serious to me. I don't see how that fact helps the read at all.

It took me a while and several times reading over it to understand this part, but are you suggesting DarthWolf could have confirmed in scum chat before confirming in-game? Can scum do that? I don't remember seeing anything about that. I don't remember you voting for DarthWolf, and a search for votes against DarthWolf in this game only turns up posts from DarthWolf himself, so actually, I'm not sure what is meant here.

You can post as scum in the scum chat first, and then in the game thread. I didn't vote Star DarthWolf for it - I just saw Star ZinnLav's vote and hopped onto it and pushed for the wagon there and made up stuff that could totally be possible because any reasoning goes in Day 1 really. His self-vote is really disappointing to me though, so I'm completely fine with sticking my vote to DarthWolf today.

I wasn't here most of yesterday but catching up now.

Although Jinjo's reasoning for voting CO is not seen favourably and is now against the rules in this game I have seen her use this strategy a few times before including in Archie Sonic Mafia if I recall correct in which Space was also a player. Space voting Jinjo for this reason seems kind of opportunistic too as I think she knows Jinjo's playstyle.

Regarding the Darth wagon, which appears to a joke vote that has formed a wagon, I've seen noting particularly scummy from Darth so far so am wondering why the wagon persists?

Yes I thought of so too but wasn't sure if Jinjo used the exact same reasoning last time.

I'm not going to say the reasoning I used first is good, but he is self-voting now, and just, why really?

Hello everyone. Maybe Fate liked my performance as (Paranoid?) Ascetic in my last game and decided to give me a similar role in this game. Just instead of being ascetic, I am a kind of reflector, whoever targets me, their role gets reflected back at them. So, if anyone wants to waste their role, they can target me and test the same.

I am still reading the game, just wanted to put this out there so as to not create a repeat of last time.

I checked the latest votals and Darth was leading, while it's generally a good idea to lynch Darth D1, do we have a basis for voting him or is it just meta as usual? One thing interesting was Darth voting for himself, could he be a jester or something similar?

Okay about the role, but what's the name? Would you mind sharing a screenshot (without the timestamp) ?

If he is a Jester he dies now, that's it. I don't think we should lynch players anyway because they could be Jesters though.

To both you and @Lone_Garurumon do you think scum!Caps would consciously place a 3rd vote? Knowing quite well that at least one of the other votes is a joke
If he felt like he could get away with it, absolutely. There wasn't a ton of serious discussion at the time, so if you wanted to throw a "joke" onto a bad wagon to give it a bit more inertia, that'd be the best time to do it.
Then why are you still voting me?
I mean, why are you voting you?
If Blight DarthWolf is actually a Jester, we just let him win today and be done with it. No more future distractions and the game goes on.
Personally I'd prefer to just ignore a suspected Jester rather than wasting a lynch on them. I'm still not even really convinced that Darth is one.

Star HumanDawn, off to destroy Blight ships on Starboat Atlast.

image0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1599917116931.png

Unvote: DarthWolf

Sorry, I was waiting for confirmation I could post OC chat images

Also @Magnificent Entertainer @Doctor Floptopus any chance we could get countdowns for future phases? It really helps with timezones. I got really confused when I converted and it's like "Midnight Sunday" when it means like right as Saturday ends. Up to you guys :bulbaLove:

View attachment 136150
Unvote: DarthWolf

Sorry, I was waiting for confirmation I could post OC chat images

Also @Magnificent Entertainer @Doctor Floptopus any chance we could get countdowns for future phases? It really helps with timezones. I got really confused when I converted and it's like "Midnight Sunday" when it means like right as Saturday ends. Up to you guys :bulbaLove:

@DarthWolf Role PM screenshot asap.

Ngl, the Darth wagon is kind of intriguing. The vote on himself just kind of seemed like more of a joke rather than something completely serious, at least to me.

If he actually has a reason he'd actually want to be lynched though, I'd rather it be said upfront now rather than later.

send pics

I think people are taking the Darth wagon too seriously, honestly.
In what way do you mean this? Too seriously in that people aren't seeing it in a joke manner, or that people on the wagon are taking it too seriously?
To be honest, the open claiming of this game is still something I'm finding weird.

The character I submitted is an armoured hero that uses a gun. His primary form literally has the word "Shooting" in its name, so that's why I think a shooting type role would be appropriate. Either PGO or Vig.
Swear I'm not purposely tunneling on Snowy here because I know I've mentioned him several times already, but like, this post here. It's answering Darth sorta, but it's just like all his other posts this game so far: nothing one way or another about any players, mostly just role speculation that isn't helpful right now and doesn't help find a target today. That + the host lynching topic just feel like trying to avoid getting anything out of D1.

D1 in Archie Sonic, I voted Snowy for similar reasons. He was town there, but his posts also got better as D1 continued. That hasn't happened here IMO.
I think it'd be very bold of mafia to claim something like this after Archie Sonic Mafia is both very fresh in peoples' minds and this game has a lot of players who were there, knowing those players would likely be cautious about this claim in how it could be a "well, I was town last time when barely anyone believed me, so this could be a good fake"-kind of way. Though what is the exact role name? You say it is "kind of reflector," but what is it specifically called in your role PM?

-------

Kinda agree with LG's thoughts that jester sounds almost too pedestrian for Chaos Mafia in regards to DarthWolf. Not sure on his self-vote, but I'm not seeing anything actually scummy from him yet so I'd be surprised if that wagon caught mafia. While I'm typing this though I'm seeing a jester thing from OC??? Gonna wait then and see what happens there if he responds

Human's wagon started with two joke votes and I don't see any cause for alarm with him yet. He's the type you really need to see for longer than D1 usually to get a good feel for his alignment, but he seems to be ramping up now in the last half of D1 into more of his usual types of posts.

TheCapsFan looks fine so far too, I actualy don't think his vote on Darth is too bad because it reads to me like a pressure vote? His content so far has been good, though for some reason I feel like I tend to agree with a lot of what TheCapsFan says in games. Lone_Garurumon is kinda the same in how I'm reading him so far too.

DawningWinds I think started the town in a very pro-town way. Would like to see more from them, but for now, I think he looks good.

Midorikawa being quiet so far is giving me flashbacks to Archie Sonic when she was mafia and I'm a little paranoid. Too early to tell and honestly I can get D1 being kinda meh for posting (honestly that's kinda me right now, sometimes depression and anxiety is the secret mafia to have to fight lol), but just keeping that in the back of my mind.

Space and Crystal Onix look town so far, in-line with what I'd expect from them, particularly from Space being in-line very well with her Archie Sonic town!type of posts.

MegaPod and DekuNut posting early with not much of use and then disappearing for the most part is something I hope they change later on, because that's going to be a pain to try to deal with as the game goes on when it becomes the "but that's what they usually do" circles of trying to read them (more so Deku there).

These are all off the top of my head, and anyone I've missed is because nothing stands out enough for me to remember as something I wanted to mention.

With Darth a self-professed Jester, imo we just leave him and lynch someone else, otherwise we're just wasting a lynch. Imo Caps is still the best target I can see.

Unvote
Vote: TheCapsFan

Because I didn't unvote last time and apparently that's necessary.

These players below haven't really said anything that left a good impression and hearing more from them would be nice.

MegaPod
Zachie
DekuNut
Officer Snake
Midorikawa
Tood

Reading DarthWolf's first wallpost, his posts looked jokey. Second wallpost were asking some questions and that kind of play he is doing is hard to read.

I don't understand why would Space want to question Dawning's claim when this is not a visiting role. Reading this it looked like Dawning said they are a pgo and then said the role name is granny. Space post on #205 looked a bit like a chainsaw defense which I didn't like.

Unvote

Vote: MegaPod

We already have some content going and I don't like how MegaPod still has his rvs vote and I always find it scummy when a player leaves their rvs vote by the end of day 1 and same thing can be said about Zachie.

Kind of a wary of Darth revealing he's the Jester in OC with Zinn, is this overconfidence thinking he can't lose or is he trying to manipulate us somehow?
If he is the Jester why not just publicly claim it in the event he's angling for some sort of deal with town, unless he's not really a Jester and actually wants the votes off him?

I agree Star Space, but these kinds of arguments have been used before by Star Jinjo, so for me, it is not indicative of alignment. Having said that, do you take my vote on Star DarthWolf seriously? You did not comment on it.

I get what you mean, but usually Jinjo goes after inactives I thought. It seemed way too quick of a jump on Crystal Onix who could have been doing a number of things before making a post. It struck me as a way of looking like doing something, but in reality not doing much at all.

Your vote on DarthWolf does seem serious but all of the votes on DarthWolf have been confusing to me. I mean, you gave a reason at least with the scum chat thing and you're sticking to your vote. I don't necessarily agree with it, but you provided a reason unlike some others

Space voting Jinjo for this reason seems kind of opportunistic too as I think she knows Jinjo's playstyle.

I try to not use meta, but in the Archie game I recall Jinjo putting forth more effort and not generalizations. Regardless, my vote on Jinjo is now more firm considering she seems to be trying to subtly insinuate I could be scum with this quote:

I have seen scum players before who would post in other forum sections and ignore mafia games that are currently running by not saying anything in the thread and instead they would watch from the background. After reading everything, I find this odd you think I'm scum who is the 4th replacement and most of the time from my experience, it is always the scum roles that get the first priority in getting a replacement first. So wait a minute, if my slot never got a replacement then it could have gotten modkilled or would have gotten subbed in later on day 2.

I was the first sub, meaning it was a "priority mafia" in her reasoning. So she's clearly wrong as I know I'm not mafia.

Would jester really be here... seems too plain. Would also like to see a screenshot. Why would DarthWolf randomly claim to Zinnlav anyway?

I don't understand why would Space want to question Dawning's claim when this is not a visiting role. Reading this it looked like Dawning said they are a pgo and then said the role name is granny. Space post on #205 looked a bit like a chainsaw defense which I didn't like.

I don't understand -- I was questioning DawningWind's strange wording with outright claiming granny, not the role itself

Swear I'm not purposely tunneling on Snowy here because I know I've mentioned him several times already, but like, this post here. It's answering Darth sorta, but it's just like all his other posts this game so far: nothing one way or another about any players, mostly just role speculation that isn't helpful right now and doesn't help find a target today. That + the host lynching topic just feel like trying to avoid getting anything out of D1.

D1 in Archie Sonic, I voted Snowy for similar reasons. He was town there, but his posts also got better as D1 continued. That hasn't happened here IMO.
So not really anything out of the ordinary then?

I've never really been able to read people. I've had this problem for years, and I look for other things. Sometimes they make sense, sometimes they don't. I'll let you know when I have a thought.

TBF, My best plays in Mafia have always been when I didn't have to worry about trying to read people.

Kind of a wary of Darth revealing he's the Jester in OC with Zinn, is this overconfidence thinking he can't lose or is he trying to manipulate us somehow?
If he is the Jester why not just publicly claim it in the event he's angling for some sort of deal with town, unless he's not really a Jester and actually wants the votes off him?
Would jester really be here... seems too plain. Would also like to see a screenshot. Why would DarthWolf randomly claim to Zinnlav anyway?
That was a screenshot, I contacted him saying he's going to get lynched just because it's funny because of his N0 flip, and if he doesn't want to get lynched, he just needs to provide something funnier than that.
He only replied once and it was with that message, at first I thought he was joking about how he died N0, but with his weird play and voting himself, I'm not so sure.

Back
Top Bottom