• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chaos Mafia V: This Time it's Personal. Endgame: This Is The Greatest Plan!

What are you basing this off?
This is a.. bold claim. Did you have anything to base it off of?

Aight, maybe it was a bit bold. I do want to pressure them next phase though.

Zachie, there was a lot to interact with last phase with all the claims, votes, and that...yet you haven't really given your thoughts on anything so far. What specifically was it about my post that made you come out of the shadows? What are your thoughts on the DawningWinds, Pikapika, MegaPod, and DarthWolf claims?

Zachie, there was a lot to interact with last phase with all the claims, votes, and that...yet you haven't really given your thoughts on anything so far. What specifically was it about my post that made you come out of the shadows? What are your thoughts on the DawningWinds, Pikapika, MegaPod, and DarthWolf claims?
It's the first I've properly had a chance to look at x) Sundays are my lazy days honestly, I don't really do much outside of chill. I did see a couple of the claims in passing and I don't really put a lot of stock into them this early and especially not in a game of Chaos Mafia. Everything can be anything, it's just as easy for a role to be mafia aligned than town aligned. FWIW I have a strange kinda scumlean on DawningWinds.. I'm not entirely sure why. Their posts seem a little off to me? Darth seems town, Pod sits in the middle and I haven't seen enough from Pikapika to make a claim there.

Also, I believe a countdown was requested.
The blur is just who submitted the character to be safe.
@Zachie who did you submit
So you were joking?
I was, that whole chat wasn't even serious yet at that point
How do I do it?

You can never tell in a Mafia game. :p
Just click on the image when editing your post. Should be able to drag some corner squares then. Otherwise please put them in spoilers.

Ok fair point, but as I just said, that chat wasn't serious yet.
Oof why does it show as a broken image? I'm having difficulty uploading the image from mobile.

index.php
View attachment 136195
Interesting how the pm mentioned that it's mandatory to give the lighting role yet I don't see it named online. Only as mirror, which is effectively the same mechanically.

Once day hits I'll give a proper list of thoughts.

Interesting how the pm mentioned that it's mandatory to give the lighting role yet I don't see it named online. Only as mirror, which is effectively the same mechanically.
To be fair they called a PGO a Granny.

a certain boy who likes to let it rip
Zachie submitted a boy who farts?

If MegaPod is really independent, I think Crystal Onix is probably telling the truth about why they voted the way they did at the end of the phase. I mean, it's a pretty big thing to miss the entire MegaPod wagon, but would that really be the way you'd want to justify a tie as scum, knowing how unbelievable that sounds? WIFOM for sure, but if MP is independent of some kind, why do that as scum at all? CO's posts after the fact give me a legitimate "oh no what have I done"-kind of feel more than this being a planned tie.
Still have doubts concerning Pod's claim but agree with this if Pod is telling the truth, don't see why scum would risk this other than to save a scumbuddy.

Also did a real quick look back to RC's posts since he was the last one on MP's wagon to compare the final votes on each, and RC tentatively looks consistent at least. Rainbow Cloud had mentioned fairly early that Darth hadn't done anything scummy and that they felt he could be hiding something else role-wise that wasn't jester, so voting the opposing wagon is consistent with what he'd been saying a lot of the phase, which makes the vote look all right. If Darth had been lynched and flipped scum though, that'd be another story.
One point to add with my post is HD's post switching from Darth to Pod was only a few minutes before I posted, my vote not really being influenced by his as I finished writing it round the same time he posted, in either scenario though I wouldn't have tied the votes, I put Pod ahead at the time.

@DarthWolf
Why did you leave the vote on yourself even at the end of the phase? You even showed up not too far off from EoD.
@DarthWolf you've posted a couple of time since FA asked about leaving the vote on yourself but haven't answered?

This is my main issue with the claim. It fits being chaotic for this whole game, but being an unlynchable independent? That makes things so much easier for them once they claim if it's true, since why would mafia ever target them? Only a vig would be a real threat to them winning at that point. I can maybe buy some kind of independent (it does kind of fit MegaPod's very lax manner in this game), but not so sure about the totally unlynchable part.
This is something I'm uneasy about with his claim too, pretty disappointed the lynch didn't go through yesterday as it would have at least put his unlynchable claim to the test, something that we are unlikely to do with the claim now after the fact given we do not wish to waste a phase.

For everyone who wanted details about my role, it's called Lightning (which fits me too well as a Pikachu hehe :p), but it works in the opposite way of a Lightning Rod as in instead of attracting all actions towards me, it deflects any action targetted towards me back to its user.

index.php
I know most people will feel that the role does not exactly match with the character description coz that was my first thought too. But #BlameME , I guess?

Also, this game is going much faster than I expected and it's a bit difficult to catch up but I am trying and hopefully will be more active now, so please excuse my inactivity and delayed response.

As for the top 2 wagons D1 (Megapod and Darthwolf), tbh I don't even know how the Megapod wagon started and built so quickly that it became a tie with Darth's wagon (which was in clear majority the last time I checked). Megapod claims Unlynchable Survivor (basically a free win, great!) and Darth is somewhat of a Jester (?), so the top 2 wagons for D1 were both on Indeps?
I still need to read some of the recent pages thoroughly and also see how the wagons built, etc, so I will provide further comments later.
Oof why does it show as a broken image? I'm having difficulty uploading the image from mobile.

BEST IGNIS BOOOOOOY <3 <3 <3

Space thinks you using activity on forums is questiinable > You're suspicious of Space

MegaPod has a RVS vote on you > Vote MegaPod

I question your RVS vote + interaction with Space > you scumread me

Maybe this is all completely coincidental, but, again, I'm getting weird omgus vibes from you this game

(y)

I feel like it would be OOC of Jinjo not to suspect people who suspect her. I think an older player here, CrackFox, was accused of that kind of analysis a lot too, lol.

If MegaPod is really independent, I think Crystal Onix is probably telling the truth about why they voted the way they did at the end of the phase. I mean, it's a pretty big thing to miss the entire MegaPod wagon, but would that really be the way you'd want to justify a tie as scum, knowing how unbelievable that sounds? WIFOM for sure, but if MP is independent of some kind, why do that as scum at all? CO's posts after the fact give me a legitimate "oh no what have I done"-kind of feel more than this being a planned tie.

Also did a real quick look back to RC's posts since he was the last one on MP's wagon to compare the final votes on each, and RC tentatively looks consistent at least. Rainbow Cloud had mentioned fairly early that Darth hadn't done anything scummy and that they felt he could be hiding something else role-wise that wasn't jester, so voting the opposing wagon is consistent with what he'd been saying a lot of the phase, which makes the vote look all right. If Darth had been lynched and flipped scum though, that'd be another story.

@DarthWolf
Why did you leave the vote on yourself even at the end of the phase? You even showed up not too far off from EoD.

This is my main issue with the claim. It fits being chaotic for this whole game, but being an unlynchable independent? That makes things so much easier for them once they claim if it's true, since why would mafia ever target them? Only a vig would be a real threat to them winning at that point. I can maybe buy some kind of independent (it does kind of fit MegaPod's very lax manner in this game), but not so sure about the totally unlynchable part.

Wouldn't really consider mine massive either, I think it just depends on the character or media they are from.

I agree about MegaPod and CO.

I'm thinking that there might be some kind of Independent who is out for MegaPod's character, because it's JoJo, and from what little I've seen of Jojo, everyone kind of hates each other. We can learn more through more claims but I guess it wouldn't be a bad vig kill.

Space thinks you using activity on forums is questiinable > You're suspicious of Space

MegaPod has a RVS vote on you > Vote MegaPod

I question your RVS vote + interaction with Space > you scumread me

Maybe this is all completely coincidental, but, again, I'm getting weird omgus vibes from you this game

I never made an rvs vote. The problem I had with your play is that it looks like you are playing way too safe and cautious who is scared to get their hands dirty and the only thing you were able to come up with was to point out omgus which is literally the most common thing a scum player would say. Scum will look for a scummy town player and will point out omgus since that is way too easy for them to say. MegaPod having an rvs vote by the end of the day made me suspicious of him and when the day ended he claimed survivor.

In other news, I think DekuNut is scum and would love to lead a lynch on him next phase :lapras:

I mean, DekuNut is more inactive as any alignment really, so it doesn't mean he has to be Mafia.

It's the first I've properly had a chance to look at x) Sundays are my lazy days honestly, I don't really do much outside of chill. I did see a couple of the claims in passing and I don't really put a lot of stock into them this early and especially not in a game of Chaos Mafia. Everything can be anything, it's just as easy for a role to be mafia aligned than town aligned. FWIW I have a strange kinda scumlean on DawningWinds.. I'm not entirely sure why. Their posts seem a little off to me? Darth seems town, Pod sits in the middle and I haven't seen enough from Pikapika to make a claim there.

Funnily enough, I can see where you might be coming from here, I think it might be because DawningWinds sounds a bit too soft if that makes sense? Not sure what to make of it now, could be the player style really.

I never made an rvs vote. The problem I had with your play is that it looks like you are playing way too safe and cautious who is scared to get their hands dirty and the only thing you were able to come up with was to point out omgus which is literally the most common thing a scum player would say. Scum will look for a scummy town player and will point out omgus since that is way too easy for them to say. MegaPod having an rvs vote by the end of the day made me suspicious of him and when the day ended he claimed survivor.

He didn't say you made an RVS vote, but yes I can see what you mean here. Tood doesn't go into why the OMGUS is weird too.

you're suspecting MegaPod right? since Crystal Onix made it a tie with the vote on DarthWolf.

Also I am not buying the blue color and that it's not bolded. Just not.
Kind of? The role matches the character pretty well, but I'm a bit weirded out by the formatting of the PM for the bolding/color reasons other players have brought up. CrystalOnix's vote is also extremely convient given the context and timing of it.

I feel there has to be several ways we can check MegaPod (+maaaaybe Crystal Onix by association) later in the game, so I wouldn't necessarily campaign hard for focusing on them for tomorrow's lynch

I feel like it would be OOC of Jinjo not to suspect people who suspect her. I think an older player here, CrackFox, was accused of that kind of analysis a lot too, lol.
:wynaut:
I still need to get used to players' meta, so maybe that's it.

I'm thinking that there might be some kind of Independent who is out for MegaPod's character, because it's JoJo, and from what little I've seen of Jojo, everyone kind of hates each other. We can learn more through more claims but I guess it wouldn't be a bad vig kill.

Dio_Brando1886 was subbed out, but I'm curious if the character they submitted was also a Jojo character given their username...?

I just wanted to be sure your judgement isn't being clouded by any biases at all, since I don't really see that as beneficial to town. It just kind of stood out to me that you were suspicious of mostly of people who were questioning you, so I brought it up.

Kind of? The role matches the character pretty well, but I'm a bit weirded out by the formatting of the PM for the bolding/color reasons other players have brought up. CrystalOnix's vote is also extremely convient given the context and timing of it.

I feel there has to be several ways we can check MegaPod (+maaaaybe Crystal Onix by association) later in the game, so I wouldn't necessarily campaign hard for focusing on them for tomorrow's lynch

I just thought of a great idea. How about we ask ME and Doctor Floptopus to fake us an Independent Survivor Role PM and see if they give it the blue color and no bold?

:wynaut:
I still need to get used to players' meta, so maybe that's it.

I should reread Archie Sonic Mafia a bit, but Jinjo is not on my radar for now.

Dio_Brando1886 was subbed out, but I'm curious if the character they submitted was also a Jojo character given their username...?

Oh boy, yeah, in that case, there's probably another Jojo character which I can see being a counter to MegaPod's Unlynchable. Dio_Brando1886 submits Dio Brando... I can totally see that being a thing. Day 2 will probably be very interesting here.

Don't forget to tell in your Role PM if you plan on idling, I don't want to get shot by a vigilante or something because they didn't realise it randomly picks a target otherwise

So, here's MegaPod's role PM:

index.php

And here is my faked survivor win condition thanks to one of our Mediators:
2A572AD8-0DD5-42D8-994E-861F2FE57C74.jpeg

It’s pretty much the same, so I guess the blue is normal and nothing out of the ordinary by itself. Doesn’t mean MegaPod is actually Independent, but there you go!

Back
Top Bottom