• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Fire Emblem Mafia: Girl of the Plains - Player Phase 2 (Blood of Pride)

1) when you shade me for having ulterior motives which you don't explain what they are, then yes, you are implying it
I'm implying that your claim might be false, or edited. I'm implying that if you are really independant and town have no point at helping you right now, specially if it could backfire by disclosing too much information. If you imply saying that is scumread, well, you are not logical at all.

Also, that make no sense. Giving my warning later about that would have just give the possibility to more people to disclose the gender of their character when I think we should avoid that. Now I will surely vote before the end of the round, but there is no hurry in that.

Fair enough.

Fiiiiiiiine, y'all are such sore sports for getting mad at a quick wagon which is what I was hoping for lol.

Why were you hoping for people to get mad at a quick wagon

if an independent claim is the strongest town read then town is screwed and should just tell me where the ladies are so i can win and leave kthxbai

but who said Poyzin is town?

I'm implying that your claim might be false, or edited. I'm implying that if you are really independant and town have no point at helping you right now, specially if it could backfire by disclosing too much information. If you imply saying that is scumread, well, you are not logical at all.

really don't think we have to worry about Human. There's a 99.9% chance he's Sain, meaning he's not a threat to town.

Good answer :thumbs up:

Feeling a lot better about you.

If only you could tell me your gender... but whatever, I guess I got a decent list to win with.

but who said Poyzin is town?

No one did, but yeah, I guess I implied it, though I did say "if" first.

I meant what kender said more eloquently.
You have claimed another faction, you have the versitility to switch sides to suit your motives.
We can work together for similar goals, but if mafia have a female you may betray us for your goal.

So firstly hi everyone! Looking like a promising first game already, it seems we've had quite an interesting phase, which is a nice breath of fresh air to what I'm used to currently. Secondly, apologies for getting into the phase so late, it started at ~4am for me and it's only been since about an hour/hour-half ago that I've been able to sit down and look at anything.

This may be quite underwhelming all things considered, I've currently just highlighted some things which have struck me as odd; I've tried to put the current meta you guys have inserted aside as I know all too well how meta can be used to put the wool over players' eyes, so I'd rather not have that cloud judgement right now. Feel free to step in however if it seems I'm way out.

Ronniego is a gut town read for me because scum would’ve thought of something better to say than “hey everyone”. I am locked in unless somebody can convince me to do the opposite
Firstly, I rarely like things such as this off the bat, I always feel they're scum placeholders, especially with that last comment tacked onto the end. Has initially made me wary of Poyzin from the get-go.

This is actually a good point and I appreciate your vote and the discussion which it will bring forward, which gives me a good vibe about you.
In my defence, I had barely just woken up when I was checking the forums and saw the 2 posts on which I gave my reaction because I found them funny for the adsf jokes, I had not even checked the player list till then (which I checked just now, why are there Wynaut in front of almost all players names) so I couldn't make any joke vote and I honestly didn't bother to write something just for the sake of it. I was not expecting to get away with not posting or something like that coz I would have come later when I was fully awake to atleast participate in the rvs, or be a part of more serious discussion, if it started by that point (which I guess has kinda started now).

Et tu, Brute? I expected better from you HD, much better.

No idea why people started sheeping against me. I wasn't even lurking (it's not even 6 hours into the game now, most people have not even made their first game post yet). You can say someone is lurking if they don't post for like a major part of the day, this game has barely begun.
So the three 'parts' to this message to me seem to flow as:

1. Almost a "treat them with kindness" vibe - why oppose and being attention to yourself when instead you can be agreeable, along with - as legitimate as it may be - a lot of very much...nothing. Like tbh none of that really does anything for the 'defence' against the vote. Something something feels like feigned casual conversation to again not appear quite so rustled.
2. I know this was responded to by HD themselves but like...it's early D1 at that point, what were you really expecting?
3. Annnnd we've just taken #1 and thrown that out the window, most votes early game are more than likely going to be changed and are just used to poke at players to see what they get out of it, so this reaction seems a bit odd, considering you were the player in that scenario and most likely not going to have those votes kept on you.

Overall, I know that you provided some counterpoints towards others that have brought up similar issues, however there was one pretty alarming part in it:

If people are voting me because they think I was lurking, their point stands moot as I wasn't. I honestly believe terms like lurking shouldn't even be used so early in the game.
If people are voting for pressure, that's fine too but I gave my response and I don't wish to keep repeating the same points over again.
If people want to vote me because they can't think of any other option, that's fine too, we might get another option as the day progresses and more people participate but don't vote me just for sheeping.

I feel this was a catch-all to try and cover anything else someone comes up with when they come later into the phase.

I have a bigger problem with Zinn's vote because a third vote is more serious than adding a second one, in my opinion. While the other could be considered sheeping (and should be, being that Human even called it a sheep vote) a third one is definitive sheeping. I can't tell if it's a joke or not, but is this actually about lurking? Because I don't see how Pika could be considered to lurk when the game has barely started and not even half the game has spoken up.

VOTE: ZinnLav.

Seems like a very strong vote for such a small things? Seeming as Zinn went on to say this not long after:

I'm terrible as Mafia xD
I'm really not suited for underhanded tactics and lying and bluffing, I make great Town though (usually).

I think we should pressure Zinn more though...
Unvote
Vote: ZinnLav

Like to me I feel that scum which is doing this sort of thing at this point in the game should probably stop and reconcile, because it obviously isn't a blunder and why would Zinn risk having someone pick up on that as a scummy move? Either way I think that vote should probably go elsewhere.

scum lean - poyzin only asked you why you haven't voted thecapsfan, and instead of giving an opinion you only wanted to give a warning you could have just given later

Sorry I realised I said I was highlighting things that struck me as odd, this isn't about what HD said being odd but how I agree here. As much as I may not necessarily feel the same about poyzin as HD does, the reaction they've picked up on weirded me out a bit too.

ALTHOUGH in terms of HD, wow OK we've got a claim out there hours into the phase. OK. I won't lie initially I wasn't fussed but the more noise being made about it the more uncertain I am right now of people opposing it because claiming at this time I feel isn't really detrimental to Town? Either way, I'll play ball and claim I'm Male.

Fiiiiiiiine, y'all are such sore sports for getting mad at a quick wagon which is what I was hoping for lol. Looking at you Feenie for interrupting the groove.

Unvote: Pika_Pika42
Vote: TheCapsFan

Caps has been pretty blegh; if their goal was to pressure somebody early on... Pika was a great target? Idk why they wanted to jump ship and join Feenie on Zinn for vague reasons. I'd also like to add on that poor joke of "I'm scum" which while it's clearly a joke usually comes from scum if you get what I mean. Of course that's not the primary reason, the primary reason is them just trying to blend in but I'm not a big fan atm.

Repeat after me: "chugga chugga chugga chugga"

HMMMMMM Poyzin is the player that's making me yo-yo the most right now - initially shaky "insert Townread post here" followed up by some very good pressure on Pika and now we've dropped that pressure, decided to vote for Caps and...right now I think we're sitting at a town lean for them. I don't think someone would be actively clashing with players and trying to start wagons/pressure this much if scum.

Going to cast my eye over the game a bit more (I'm aware several posts have been made whilst putting this together) before I cast a vote, I'm especially going to look into Caps and Charmeleon rn (once they respond a bit more), as well as see what some of our more inactive players like Toad and Crystal have to add to the game once they're hopefully on.

also i'm so sorry the post is so long i just realise oops.

I meant what kender said more eloquently.
You have claimed another faction, you have the versitility to switch sides to suit your motives.
We can work together for similar goals, but if mafia have a female you may betray us for your goal.

If Mafia has a female, I do my thing with her at night, and then I have no more use for her anymore. The only way Mafia can do that is if they message me privately and promise me one female in exchange that I help them out, (which means one scum outed from their part to me) plus, if I fail with the women, I already said I would become Town, so I have more reason to side with Town anyway.

Is this game OC? There is no rule saying it isn't.

If Mafia has a female, I do my thing with her at night, and then I have no more use for her anymore. The only way Mafia can do that is if they message me privately and promise me one female in exchange that I help them out, (which means one scum outed from their part to me) plus, if I fail with the women, I already said I would become Town, so I have more reason to side with Town anyway.

Sorry what does oc stand for?

It isn't. I come from ZD, where OC games just don't exist, so I often forget to include it. I mentioned this in a later post in the thread.

@HumanDawn, so the explanation you gave doesn't work, you will need another way to communicate with mafia.
@Midorikawa if he can't win on this own, he will turn town and win with us.

no point not helping HD out, no skin off either faction's back.

"either faction's back". Interesting word choice. feel like if you're town you'd just mention "off town's back".

Almost a "treat them with kindness" vibe - why oppose and being attention to yourself when instead you can be agreeable, along with - as legitimate as it may be - a lot of very much...nothing. Like tbh none of that really does anything for the 'defence' against the vote. Something something feels like feigned casual conversation to again not appear quite so rustled.

Completely agree. Pika_pika42 is very much trying to "stay in the background" whilst trying to "defend", but it's hardly a defense when Pika is so blase about it. Also don't like Pika saying "feel free to vote him".
Since you brought up multiple points against Pika, why not vote him?

The fact that Pika_pika hasn't really said anything aside from reacting to votes against him (and saying his character is male) isn't exactly reassuring when it's not the beginning of the phase anymore. Kinda waiting on CyanideCrystal, but I wouldn't mind joining the Pika vote either, for that reason and for the "accommodating" thing I mentioned earlier and that other people have echoed.

I don't want to defend Pika. But I'm just pointing out that his wagon started on pretty feeble things. Then, he defended himself, I mean, maybe a bit too much, but I don't feel that automatically give me a scrummy feeling. True though, that he is very passive about it, but I think it goes with the way he is and not necessarily him being scum.

For now, I'll believe that HD is really an independant. That surely doesn't mean I trust him.

Also, I tried to check who's didn't post yet, and there is around 5 people who didn't say anything. It's still early, but I really wish they would give some sign of life before the end of the "day". For now the two "active" I suspect the most of being Mafia :

I didn't give much value at Zinn being the third votes on the Pika wagon, except that was the best argument at the time imo. What's more interesting though is Zinn being the first to help HD without really thinking the possibles consequences for Town. Also, this voting for himself, and him saying that he is not Mafia, because he is bad at playing Mafia. All that really sound fishy for me. I wouldn't mind voting Zinn for now.

Tood only post was to help the independent by saying his gender. I mean, it doesn't give anything to town, I don't get why is only post would be that outside he wants to appear like he is participating, but keep himself under the radar.

That's why I'll vote for him for now.

VOTE : TOOD

Completely agree. Pika_pika42 is very much trying to "stay in the background" whilst trying to "defend", but it's hardly a defense when Pika is so blase about it. Also don't like Pika saying "feel free to vote him".
Since you brought up multiple points against Pika, why not vote him?

Typically I'm a bit reserved with voting (which seems very different to here as a whole haha), I was awaiting some form of response from Pika before deciding if I put that vote through or not, as well as awaiting some more stuff from other players, in case someone comes through decidely more scummy than Pika (as it seems Zinn may be a Topic Of Interest now).

Pika's a bit weird because he's seems kinda calm about his wagon by his tone, yet the fact that he writes out a long post defending himself 7 hours into day 1 makes me feel funny, so at least for now;

Vote: Pika_Pika42

HD's claim comes off as super believable to me, because of how unusual it is. The only real character who could fit it given the context of the game is most certainly not an evil character, so I have very little doubts HD would end up as town if his wincon becomes impossible to reach.

If Mafia has a female, I do my thing with her at night, and then I have no more use for her anymore
harsh

it's been a while since I've played FE7, who exactly would fit a female mafia member anyway? I know Sonia exists, but does she appear in Lyn's story?

Tood only post was to help the independent by saying his gender. I mean, it doesn't give anything to town, I don't get why is only post would be that outside he wants to appear like he is participating, but keep himself under the radar.
Technically, it's my second post, I did comment on Zinn earlier :wynaut:

Interestingly, I was also responding to you in that post as well, and you liked it.

Cyanide, however, actually only did say their gender earlier, so I'm curious as to why you're voting me as opposed to them? FA threw a vote their way earlier for that reason too, so I can't imagine why you'd not bother mentioning them as well.

Caps has been pretty blegh; if their goal was to pressure somebody early on... Pika was a great target? Idk why they wanted to jump ship and join Feenie on Zinn for vague reasons.

Jump ship? I was never on the Pika wagon, my friend, in fact, I believe I said that Pika's responses to his wagon made him sound more towny.

I'd also like to add on that poor joke of "I'm scum" which while it's clearly a joke usually comes from scum if you get what I mean.

Yes I claimed scum, therefore I am scum. Flawless logic, MVP mafia man right here. Good job scumhunting!

Of course that's not the primary reason, the primary reason is them just trying to blend in but I'm not a big fan atm.

How am I trying to blend in? I never try to blend in, I always try to stick out :p

To be honest, I just felt the urge to warn people about not necessarily disclosing information too fast to an allegated independant, because those thing could backfire rapidly. I'm still at work, I'll analyze more calmly the complete thread before voting for someone., probably this evening

Poyzin, talking about blending in? You asked this man a yes or no question and he responded with a paragraph. What was the point of this post?

Not a bad case tbh.

Vote: TheCapsFan

This vote is so...you.

Wow strong statement, from this I infer you are not with us and how can we trust you.

Don't like the wording of this, specifically the "not with us" part.

Back
Top Bottom