• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Fire Emblem Mafia: Girl of the Plains - Player Phase 2 (Blood of Pride)

"either faction's back". Interesting word choice. feel like if you're town you'd just mention "off town's back".
Just saying Mafia can help HD achieve his goal too, unlike some independents who have to pick a specific side just to win.
don't think Sonia appears in Lyn's story. seems like there's only 3 female characters in Lyn's story honestly... and none would be mafia
So it doesn't harm Mafia in the slightest if they claim Male then.
I like helping Independents, if it doesn't hurt me. Why not help Survivors or Womanisers

Who is the Bard? I can't find him on any wiki
Joking that HD is a Bard from Dungeons & Dragons, tries to seduce all the women. Like Brock from the Pokemon anime. xD

Zinn is in Australia/New Zealand, keep that in mind.
"Today at 11:53 AM"
I also wake up in the afternoons most days, I'm really not a morning person xP

Unvote

1600235675677.png

I love posting in a moment

What was here before the edit? You should only edit for typos and such.
it was an edit by way of post, or an ebwop. Should’ve made it clear, I didn’t edit the content if any posts (if i did, it would “say” edited somewhere)

Tbh saying EBWODP feels kinda redundant when forums no longer merge posts bu the same user that were made in succession

Tbh saying EBWODP feels kinda redundant when forums no longer merge posts bu the same user that were made in succession
1. That typo makes me read it as “Edit by way of da post” which made me lol
2. What do you mean by that, did this forum used to merge posts or sum?

1. That typo makes me read it as “Edit by way of da post” which made me lol
2. What do you mean by that, did this forum used to merge posts or sum?
Yhat's why we called them edits by way of double post. Because that's how forums tended to handle things back in like 2014. Its a relic of those long past times.

Forgot Deku was the host, whoopsie

Are you being serious here? cause it's scummy to me.

Caps isn’t going to be lynched with one vote. Two votes is better than one, and voting for anybody is better than not voting for anyone at all which is what Kender was doing. They could’ve easily rescinded it if the wagon got too intense for them but them choosing to be unproductive left me with a pretty bad vibe, especially when they wrote an essay telling me “no”

Yhat's why we called them edits by way of double post. Because that's how forums tended to handle things back in like 2014. Its a relic of those long past times.
oh fair enough, I just call them ebwops because idk if it’ll be double or triple or who knows how many posts extra. Still dont get what you were saying though, if it’s out of game related probably a dm works fine? Cuz you’re the host and that should be alright but idk

Also EBWODP wasnt a typo. It was by way if double posting. It would be followed by EBOTP, EBWOQP, and then from there we just put numbers

Kender is probably stubborn town though, figured I’d make my position clear

I come in once in a while and try to respond to all posts directed towards me and any other important posts I feel like commenting upon, so excuse my long posts.

That kind of thing worries me because mafia sometimes likes to look very... accommodating? Maybe that would be the word? Like with the "that's fine" for voting him for pressure or no other options thing. I'm struggling to word it because it's something that I used to do a lot as scum years ago to try to seem unbothered by votes and to try to not make enemies with any townies, but it's also not necessarily a scumtell for everyone.
I'm actually very accommodating so my posts tend to reflect that sometimes irrespective of alignment. Don't know what more should I say here, it's not something I can defend against because it's true. I'm surely not here to make enemies and I'm a pretty non confrontational person.
To pressure someone though, you can't really just out and say that it's a pressure vote usually because doing so negates some of the pressure. Town, mafia, or indep, I don't think Human really just straight up sheeps regardless of alignment, there always seems to be some underlying goal there.
That's right, I understand it. I just didn't like the fact that HD specifically mentioned he was sheeping, maybe his intention was different but I didn't like the wording.

I think we should pressure Zinn more though...
Unvote
Vote: ZinnLav
Voting self. Jester behaviour spotted.

like Human said, this is contradictory.
agree with the discussion part. But the reason itself is still a bad take. It was the beginning of the phase when you liked the post, hardly a reason to go claiming someone is lurking & therefore likely scum. That being said, I get the vibe that you're trying to not stir anything up.

Vote: Pika_pika42
I explained how it wasn't contradictory already. Poyzin gave a reason for their vote and it wasn't just another RVS vote, it was atleast a semi-serious vote and could help in generating discussion while the other votes were just sheeping (though later understood by me they were done for pressure), hence I said I liked Poyzin's vote as anyone who attempts to generate discussion early gets a good read in my mind at least for that time while I called out the other votes as I had thought they were simply sheeping.
I don't understand what you mean by trying not to stir anything up? Does it refer to the fact that I didn't vote anyone or that I did not argue with my voters or that I was being "accomodating"?

Not a bad case tbh.

Vote: TheCapsFan
Again sheeping, but you're a claimed indep now so I'm not bothered.

1. Almost a "treat them with kindness" vibe - why oppose and being attention to yourself when instead you can be agreeable, along with - as legitimate as it may be - a lot of very much...nothing. Like tbh none of that really does anything for the 'defence' against the vote. Something something feels like feigned casual conversation to again not appear quite so rustled.
Well.. I am kind and accomodating, if that reads suspicious in your book, can't do much about it, right? My friends often tell me you live in a wrong world. :notworthy:
I know this was responded to by HD themselves but like...it's early D1 at that point, what were you really expecting?
I was expecting him to atleast not sheep on me. If it was any other player, I wouldn't mind it that much but it felt a bit bad coming from HD ngl, that's why I made that "et tu, brute" comment.
Annnnd we've just taken #1 and thrown that out the window, most votes early game are more than likely going to be changed and are just used to poke at players to see what they get out of it, so this reaction seems a bit odd, considering you were the player in that scenario and most likely not going to have those votes kept on you.
Explained it many times. I just called out the sheeping votes, I don't know why you would find that reaction odd. How else was I supposed to react? I just explained how I wasn't lurking.

I feel this was a catch-all to try and cover anything else someone comes up with when they come later into the phase.
Can you please explain this point? I don't understand this.

The fact that Pika_pika hasn't really said anything aside from reacting to votes against him (and saying his character is male) isn't exactly reassuring when it's not the beginning of the phase anymore. Kinda waiting on CyanideCrystal, but I wouldn't mind joining the Pika vote either, for that reason and for the "accommodating" thing I mentioned earlier and that other people have echoed.
Sorry. I'll try to be more active but it's a bit difficult now due to a busy schedule with online classes and assignments, but I'll try to actively participate in discussions now.
I don't want to defend Pika. But I'm just pointing out that his wagon started on pretty feeble things. Then, he defended himself, I mean, maybe a bit too much, but I don't feel that automatically give me a scrummy feeling. True though, that he is very passive about it, but I think it goes with the way he is and not necessarily him being scum.
Thanks Kender. This is absolutely correct and I have a passive nature and I try to avoid confrontations as much as possible (I shouldn't be playing mafia games, I know but I play them to improve on this aspect and build some confidence, and also they are a lot of fun)
Pika's a bit weird because he's seems kinda calm about his wagon by his tone, yet the fact that he writes out a long post defending himself 7 hours into day 1 makes me feel funny, so at least for now;

Vote: Pika_Pika42
This vote is the one which seems opportunistic. You had posted once earlier in the game where you said Zinn's vote is nice and helpful in starting discussion but you didn't place your vote at that time.
I didn't make any new post after that, so what changed? You say that you get a weird feeling about me as I seem calm by tone but I made a long post defending myself but that long post was still there when you made your first post. Were you getting a weird feeling at that time too (but didn't vote as it would be the 4th vote and would put you in the spotlight?) or you started getting a weird feeling after others expressed their suspicions about me?

From what I have seen till now, Tood seems the most suspicious to me.

Vote: Tood

poyzin is town

pika_pika42 is town

mido needs to talk about stuff that isn’t flavor

zinnlav can be town too, i guess

1 scum topz in my TRs if there is, weakest TR out of those 3 would be zinnlav

I have some paranoia about Poyzin but he claimed female so he is likely town - wouldn’t be a terrible doc protect

TheCapsFan said:
Don't like the wording of this, specifically the "not with us" part.
What was wrong with the wording, I didn't find anything particularly noteworthy about it.

HumanDawn said:
poyzin is town

pika_pika42 is town
You're an independent why bother giving us this to go off of.

UNVOTE: ZinnLav.
VOTE: Tood.

I can get behind a Tood vote. Looking back at his posts, he doesn't leave a great feeling.

Tood said:
I think that Zinn's vote seems townish, mainly because it's appeared to have started some nice discussion here, and I doubt mafia would have done such a bold kind of thing
Why say that Zinn's was more townish than, say, Poyzin's vote which was especially bold and was actually the start of generating discussion? Zinn's was a sheep vote. Scum can definitely jump onto a wagon. I was thinking that Zinn looked scummy because of that - though, now I'm honestly suspecting Zinn is a jester or something.

Discussion? Some kind of reaction from other players that we can look at? It's certainly better than wasting day 1 on a bunch of jokey rvs votes
Never said it wouldn't generate discussion and certainly never implied that I wanted this phase to be wasted with joke votes.

Pika's a bit weird because he's seems kinda calm about his wagon by his tone, yet the fact that he writes out a long post defending himself 7 hours into day 1 makes me feel funny, so at least for now;
Doesn't seem weird or noteworthy to me that Pika would do that. He had a few things to address, it's better than giving one sentence to each person. Not to mention you just stated in the above quote that the reasoning for the votes was to generate discussion, and that's what Pika's post would accomplish by being so long. Contradictory imo.

You're an independent why bother giving us this to go off of.

Because being in a game and not doing anything in it regardless of my alignment is not my style mia bambina.

I can also be Town later, so I'm just setting the groundwork just in case :).

UNVOTE: ZinnLav.
VOTE: Tood.
I can get behind a Tood vote. Looking back at his posts, he doesn't leave a great feeling.

Thoughts on TheCapsFan vote?

Why say that Zinn's was more townish than, say, Poyzin's vote which was especially bold and was actually the start of generating discussion? Zinn's was a sheep vote. Scum can definitely jump onto a wagon. I was thinking that Zinn looked scummy because of that - though, now I'm honestly suspecting Zinn is a jester or something.

Good point, Feenie. You can be Town too.

Back
Top Bottom