• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Fire Emblem Mafia: Girl of the Plains - Player Phase 2 (Blood of Pride)

I explained how it wasn't contradictory already. Poyzin gave a reason for their vote and it wasn't just another RVS vote, it was atleast a semi-serious vote and could help in generating discussion while the other votes were just sheeping (though later understood by me they were done for pressure), hence I said I liked Poyzin's vote as anyone who attempts to generate discussion early gets a good read in my mind at least for that time while I called out the other votes as I had thought they were simply sheeping.
I don't understand what you mean by trying not to stir anything up? Does it refer to the fact that I didn't vote anyone or that I did not argue with my voters or that I was being "accomodating"?

catching up currently, so I'll have to relook at your previous explanation on how it wasn't contradictory since I'm still not understanding.

But yes it is your general tone of trying to be understanding of Poyzin who started the vote & basically not acting.

I'm solely doing this on my IPad so it takes a fair bit of time to catch up with posts

no offense, but you did this in a previous game and just disappeared that game. can you not do this on a different device?

It's just day 1 speculation, I don't want to put her down as mafia yet, so maybe 3rd party hence I was asking for another person's view.

don't see Poyzin as jester, and doubt there's 2 indeps in a game this size. I'm bad at balancing but doesn't feel right.

I don’t like this. It’s borderline name claiming. Just saying female was enough but adding the lance part in is unnecessary. I don’t like how this was done period. Especially woth the tone.

Agreed, but there's been 3 people claiming female right? That goes with what has been said about the total female characters in Lyn's story, and so long as no one counters TheCapsFan as a female with a lance then he can likely be believed.

For all we know Lyn is using a lance

There's no reason to think this

I'm still waiting for @dawn dusk to reply. Nothing much of value mentioned and a cryptic message left.

@Poyzin oww why do you say these things, not coming across as town.

@HumanDawn who are you going to visit at night? Is it worth going to tood?

@HumanDawn who are you going to visit at night? Is it worth going to tood?

Nope! Because if Tood is lying or telling the truth - Mafia has good reason to Roleblock me to leave Town with no info about Tood, and if I get Roleblocked, I'm not getting 1 female counted for my win con. Hope you understand :)

Agreed, but there's been 3 people claiming female right? That goes with what has been said about the total female characters in Lyn's story, and so long as no one counters TheCapsFan as a female with a lance then he can likely be believed.
Never said I doubted it. I just don’t like soft nameclaiming. However double checking the rules apparently weapon claims are allowed. I just don’t like how he did it.
Ok so maybe Lyn is a bad example, but there are a few characters who use two kinds of weapons, like a lance and an axe or an axe and a sword.
But it can still be used to guess characters. Some there are no doubts about others can be narrowed down. Someone claims to be a male Lance user they are Sain, Kent, or Wallace. Bow is going to be Wil or Rath, and so on. Honestly lance and sword are the only ones that can be hard to guess and easy to fake claim.

Nope! Because if Tood is lying or telling the truth - Mafia has good reason to Roleblock me to leave Town with no info about Tood, and if I get Roleblocked, I'm not getting 1 female counted for my win con. Hope you understand :)
Good to know. I'm going to vote on tood, as she hasn't convinced me she is town.
There must be more than 3 females or your wincon is tough.

Also, you never answered my question from before about why it would make sense. If Tood was someone important role wise, why would she neglect to defend herself because that doesn't sit right with me. If you're an important role, one that's good for town to keep around, you think you'd try to make an argument against the votes rather than say "go ahead and vote me" or something like that.
There is really only one character that fits what Tood is claiming. I agree that if you're important ability-wise, you really should defend yourself, but it's happened before where people with useful roles do stuff like this. It's not that Tood has behaved towny (because, frankly, I agree that her posts haven't been very town outside of the claim and it's why I had a vote on her before) so much as it doesn't seem like anyone is trying to CC the character Tood's claiming here, and the vote count is in her favor. If she's who she's implying, I think this would be a very bad lynch.
How would that bait out a claim?
It's because of the character that fits Tood's claim that would probably be a useful one for mafia to know and a CC would get them that info, but I don't think that's what's happening here.

Tood has a vote on Pika_pika along with Space. The total votes counted as being on Pika are 3. If Space doesn't have effectiveness (or lack thereof) vs whatever weapon Pika has, then that's two votes, and Tood's would be the last one since Tood would only ever count as one vote. There are other ways 3 votes could be happening, but this feels like an Occam's Razor situation to me where the simplest answer is the right one. I guess we can't really know what's true without knowing the weapons of Pika and Space, but this seems to make sense.

ugh sorry, triple post

But RE: Heintz, Heintz probably is here given that he was the one that kidnapped Ninian or whatever, and that gives him at least some story importance, more than the plethora of brigands Lyn fought for like half her story lol. But all it would take for Tood's claim to fall apart would be the votes not being x2 the number of voters on her. If Lucius or Erk had happened to be on that wagon, it would immediately blow her cover, is what I mean.

ugh sorry, triple post

But RE: Heintz, Heintz probably is here given that he was the one that kidnapped Ninian or whatever, and that gives him at least some story importance, more than the plethora of brigands Lyn fought for like half her story lol. But all it would take for Tood's claim to fall apart would be the votes not being x2 the number of voters on her. If Lucius or Erk had happened to be on that wagon, it would immediately blow her cover, is what I mean.

I think this game is just lance, axe and sword. No magic @DekuNut

I think this game is just lance, axe and sword. No magic @DekuNut
You do realize that’s already been disproven by the votes on Tood. Unless you assuming everyone on Tood is the same weapon. The only way we could be neutral on Tood is if Tood say sword and the rest of us are swords. Which seems highly unlikely.

You do realize that’s already been disproven by the votes on Tood. Unless you assuming everyone on Tood is the same weapon. The only way we could be neutral on Tood is if Tood say sword and the rest of us are swords. Which seems highly unlikely.

Tood claimed he had no weapon. Ninian doesn't use a weapon, neither does Serra at base.

ugh sorry, triple post

Definitely. If I had to guess, mafia is probably Lundgren, Heintz, and idk about the other two spots. But I think those two are definites.

Tood has a vote on Pika_pika along with Space. The total votes counted as being on Pika are 3. If Space doesn't have effectiveness (or lack thereof) vs whatever weapon Pika has, then that's two votes, and Tood's would be the last one since Tood would only ever count as one vote. There are other ways 3 votes could be happening, but this feels like an Occam's Razor situation to me where the simplest answer is the right one. I guess we can't really know what's true without knowing the weapons of Pika and Space, but this seems to make sense.
I see what you’re saying. Tood would have to be the two points on him to be Ninian as she would be neutral. So then : @Space @Pika_pika42 Physical or special?

If one of them is magic and the other not then we definitely know space would be the two pointer.

I...won't lie but I feel I've been dunked into an ocean of meta and apparently previous knowledge of this game? Like at least 50% of the posts have been about how someone's role sounds like X role which implies knowledge outside of the game, there's more than I'd like to see theorising about the specific setup due to the FE game itself, when it seems at least one person has confirmed that it may not be necessarily true to the source material (and also it seems a bit weird to give the specific amount of characters for HD's wincon, as opposed to more just in case). Also the amount of meta being thrown out and how it seems to just be 'justification' that people are Town I'm not sure on either, maybe my paranoia but normally that's not ended well in games I've played in.

As a result I am pretty lost in what has happened since I last posted and looked here so apologies if it looks like I have missed something of importance but I think if I try to look at all of this then I'm just going to get confused. I'm also therefore making my reads with no experience/knowledge of characters and their previous roles so again prod me if for some reason it looks like I'm not taking something into account.

The Tood "reveal" (I'm assuming here based on what you've all said) SEEMS like it's at least not scum-sided, I don't think a role which can be affected so easily by random votes is one that would be a good scum role? Either way revealing any for of info D1 is super risky for scum because they can just be CC'd if necessary or it's harder to then keep up the facade for longer, so no reason to see Todd as someone to lynch right now.

Poyzin I...am not sure what to make of you at all right now. You seem to be pushing for wagon after wagon, even stating there's no reason to not do so, although I don't think that you're Jester as others have implied; I can't shake off however there's some other motive behind what you're doing...but I guess it's scumhunting so I can't really say there's anything WRONG with it, something just doesn't sit right. Will just keep an eye on you for now. Also, can you please elaborate on the jd lynch? Is that hopping onto previous votes for him or...because you seem adamant to a point you asked someone to vote him too but all I can see is just a post with your vote on?

Caps I can't see much wrong with currently apart from this whole "pressure" malarchy he's got going on. Follow up on those votes you're chucking onto people so at least, if nothing else, Town gets insight on that player. Otherwise it's generally been the same level of response from most people here, when they've been replying to others.

Zinn I'm unsure on now, because as much as they have been posting in the game and initially it felt their play was going to be too obvious/picked up on for scum, I do not feel they have necessarily added anything to discussion or done much hunting of their own (in fact I think their posts have literally been all responses, not even necessarily related to the game, to players, with two comments about people not necessarily having the same weapons as in FE itself). @ZinnLav are you able to at least provide IDK some reads on players so far? I feel enough has been said now to warrant more discussion from yourself than you have provided.

[Vote] ZinnLav until I have reason right now to vote elsewhere and/or have had a response from Zinn.

------

What, you want me to lock and load Ronniego as town after he posted two words? Being “hello everyone” of all things? Give me a break

I don't remember saying anything of the sort, but it feels weird why that needed to be said then, if your comment was such a throwaway one? :p

Can you please explain this point? I don't understand this.

Of course I can. I feel that they are somewhat prepared statements to try and dissuade people from trying to retort to your post with another argument because you've already said your "counterargument" as it were.

I really want to gun for an inactive player to try and get more out of them but I'm worried, like Arcadia mentioned, that right now it's a wasted vote, especially if they don't turn up for a while yet.

(and also it seems a bit weird to give the specific amount of characters for HD's wincon, as opposed to more just in case)

It tells me I need to visit 3 females, and I win. Why would it tell me I need to visit 3 or more females if when I visit 3, I win and leave the game?

Also really sorry I keep writing walls - I'm out for a large chunk of the phase because of work too so there's a lot to catch up on!

reiji can be town too

CorruptIdealisticCrow-size_restricted.gif

Back
Top Bottom