• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview JN042: Sword & Shield I - Slumbering Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I love concise and ominous titles. I hope it’s not a placeholder and that this arc is gonna delve a little into the dark.

If we’re going with the Zacian and Zamazenta connection thing, good thing there’s only two protagonists and there won’t be someone awkwardly sitting in the back watching (aka Brock in most of the movies). I wonder if that was intentional?

I have to say, I'm really excited about this special Sword and Shield arc. With the Pokemon anime I usually just watch the odd episode here and there, but I'll definitely watch all the episodes from this arc. The trailer looks amazing. As much as I loved Twilight Wings, I was a little disappointed that Zacian and Zamazenta didn't appear, so I'm very much looking forward to them making their anime debut at last. And I really hope that this Mewtwo is the same one from the First Movie and Mewtwo Returns, wouldn't that be amazing?

Did anyone else notice the accuracy with which they've re-created the locations from Sword and Shield? The Slumbering Weald altar, Stow-on-Side Stadium, Hammerlocke Stadium and the Energy Plant all look identical to their game counterparts. Now that the graphics in the games have become more realistic, the anime doesn't need to completely reimagine the locations anymore.

Did anyone else notice the accuracy with which they've re-created the locations from Sword and Shield? The Slumbering Weald altar, Stow-on-Side Stadium, Hammerlocke Stadium and the Energy Plant all look identical to their game counterparts. Now that the graphics in the games have become more realistic, the anime doesn't need to completely reimagine the locations anymore.
I noticed that too, and it feels kinda surreal. It's usually side series like Origins and Generations that recreate game locations this accurately in anime form.

Summary and staff list courtesy of Dephender at Serebii

One night Satoshi spots the "Daimax Band" he got from Dande, the strongest Pokémon Trainer in the Galar region, suddenly starting to glow on its own. Meanwhile, the Galar region has been experiencing a phenomenon where Pokémon are Daimaxing in places where it's normally impossible for them to do so. To solve the Daimax mystery, Satoshi and Go decided to visit the Galar region and see Professor Magnolia, the leading authority on Daimax research, but on their way there the duo got separated while in a forest shrouded in thick mist, where they encountered some mysterious Pokémon.

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 齋藤徳明 (Noriaki Saito)
Episode Director 上野史博 (Fumihiro Ueno)
Animation Director 篠原隆 (Takashi Shinohara)

Slightly disappointed that the king or queen of continuity Atsuhiro Tomioka isn't involved with this arc but at least we have experienced writer Shōji Yonemura doing the arc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom