• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chaos Mafia V: This Time it's Personal. Endgame: This Is The Greatest Plan!

Well, that was unexpected though I suppose we shouldn't be surprised.

The good news is that we did manage to get all the mafia members. the bad news is that AFAIK, none of us suspected the serial killer.

Interesting that Space was the only hostile left. I'm sure we would've gotten to her eventually, but I'm legitimately curious how long it would've taken us to reach that point.
I wonder if we even would have. I mean... I don't think anyone suspected her, and we'd just be helping her remove townies. Meanwhile, the question of whether or not ME was scum or just the host would remain.

Never trust this host. He might be scum, he might be town, he might just be a host... or he might be a game-ender.

Y’all voted the host when you had an Independent with claimed killing powers and no Mafia kill!
See? This was my thoughts exactly, and, if I had been playing, with 3 mafia down and no kill the night before, I'd have gone after the known killer Indep.
If Town had behaved logically, the game would have ended, and they'd have won. But they didn't, so the game ended and nobody wins. except ME.

The ending literally happened in the last chaos mafia game I played where the players lynched the host and everyone lost. Vig killing me was actually a really weird move and to think I am mafia with a 5 vote power on day 6 is ridiculous because the game would have ended on day 6 if I was mafia. I correctly called out Space as an sk and I knew Mido had to have been the mafia kill but I was getting ignored.

The ending literally happened in the last chaos mafia game I played where the players lynched the host and everyone lost.
This particular ending has never happened in Chaos Mafia before, and you've never played in any of the previous Chaos Mafia games.
For the record, in Chaos Mafia IV, Flop and I (as one character) were actually members of the Mafia, while still being the hosts.
Us dying was mandatory for the Town to win.

Obviously, enough of y'all thought I'd be silly enough to try that particular trick twice in a row, but at least, given the history of the game, lynching the host made a modicum of sense.

On the other hand, lynching the host before lynching the killing Indep was just insane on the Town's part.

Vig killing me was actually a really weird move and to think I am mafia with a 5 vote power on day 6 is ridiculous because the game would have ended on day 6 if I was mafia.
This is Chaos Mafia. Role has nothing to do with alignment, at all. Roles are given out first, and then the characters are randomized into Town and Mafia. The fact that if you were Mafia the game would have ended on D6 is exactly why Town had to fear you, because they couldn't assume you were Town just because of your role.

Items:
index.php

You have received a Rube Goldberg Machine! It's true purpose is unknown as of yet.
Would you like to add a component to the Rube Goldberg Machine?
Congratulations! You have added another component to the Rube Goldberg Machine. It will now complete its function during <insert phase here>.
Adding a component to the Rube Goldberg Machine increased the amount of time it would take for the machine to complete its task by one phase.
It was overly complex and was always going to be a dud.

1*ZFQz_96byS_T0Wvbw8dPvA.png

You have received Blueprint #2! Similar to Calvin's Build-It Mafia, you may choose to either use the blueprint or pass it along to someone else.
If you use the blueprint, you will build whatever structure the blueprint contains, consuming this item.

280e1d5c34d67864ebcf238c8a6c6449.jpg

Congratulations! You have built an Outhouse. Your voting power has been reduced by half. This will be in effect for the remainder of the game.
Talk about shitty luck.
Blueprint #2 built the Outhouse, which halved the builder's voting power. I specifically had to phrase it like that because of Jinjo's Skyrocketing Vote Power.

360a43a13e695f4ce18c7e4770b77357.jpg

You have received Harry Potter's Invisibility Cloak! Do you wish to put it on?
This was a good one. It would have given your action that night a Ninja modifier, making the Watcher unable to see you, but, because nobody could see you, you would intercept all non-lethal actions that were aimed at your target. It's a damn shame this was the first item to disappear, but, then again, given what it is, that's not too surprising.

latest

You have received a pair of Binoculars. Using them is said to help with your actions, but excessive use is not advised.
Do you wish to look through the binoculars?
The binoculars would ensure that any and all Redirects of your action were ignored if used once. That means that both the Invisibility Cloak and Lightning's passive self-redirects would not occur. Lightning's hidden passive Insanifier would have still been in play, however.
If the binoculars were used more than once, your action would be redirected to a random target.
I also had several humorous images lined up for if the binoculars were used during the day phase:
binoculars 1.jpg
binoculars 2.jpg
binoculars 3.jpg
binoculars 4.png
...and there was one from the Great Marsh, but I can't find it at the moment.

tf2_sniper_1.jpg

You have received a Sniper Rifle. You can use this to take aim or shoot at another player.
The Sniper Rifle was TFPTSLBOOIA in item form, complete with the 25% BP chance. Had to get my Pumpkin in the game somehow. :p

CCS-2035.png
You received a detective's badge! Use it to make a cop check on another player during the night. And don't worry, the sanity of this check is guaranteed to be shane.
You have scoured the police records, and you can say with complete certainty that <target> is NOT called Shane!
This item was also a dud. No matter what player the badge was used on, it would get the same result, since nobody's character was named Shane. Using it on ME gave the result of "ME is definitely not sane," but that didn't actually mean anything, either.

One other thing about the planning of this mafia game.
You'll note that none of the Subs' submitted items were in the game. Originally, Flop and I were planning on not having any of the players' submitted characters in the game, instead opting for similar characters or other characters from that franchise.
However, as it became obvious that both of us were nearing breaking points back in May, we quickly decided to scrap that idea, since it would require a lot of extra work for minimal payoff.
Instead, after I was giving the game a reboot back in August, we decided to remove all the Subs' submitted items and put in our own.

I came up with the Rube Goldberg Machine, the Blueprint #2, and the Invisibility Cloak. Flop added the binoculars, the sniper rifle, and the detective badge.

This particular ending has never happened in Chaos Mafia before, and you've never played in any of the previous Chaos Mafia games.
For the record, in Chaos Mafia IV, Flop and I (as one character) were actually members of the Mafia, while still being the hosts.
Us dying was mandatory for the Town to win.

Obviously, enough of y'all thought I'd be silly enough to try that particular trick twice in a row, but at least, given the history of the game, lynching the host made a modicum of sense.

On the other hand, lynching the host before lynching the killing Indep was just insane on the Town's part.

I have mentioned earlier I played a chaos game on another site and it had the same ending like what happened here.

What exactly made the players vote the hosts in Chaos Mafia IV? Was there a mechanic that got triggered or did the players vote off the hosts as a joke?

This is Chaos Mafia. Role has nothing to do with alignment, at all. Roles are given out first, and then the characters are randomized into Town and Mafia. The fact that if you were Mafia the game would have ended on D6 is exactly why Town had to fear you, because they couldn't assume you were Town just because of your role.

I'm surprised I got killed off because of my role and I was also game solving. Scum Jinjo trying to game solve like that then that would have meant that I was power wolfing.

I wonder if we even would have. I mean... I don't think anyone suspected her, and we'd just be helping her remove townies. Meanwhile, the question of whether or not ME was scum or just the host would remain.
After two mislynches I would've went for the independent.
What exactly made the players vote the hosts in Chaos Mafia IV? Was there a mechanic that got triggered or did the players vote off the hosts as a joke?
They always carried out the Mafia kill, they ended up visiting the player who would kill the hosts. aka they got night killed.

When Space was revealed to be a 3x Vigilante in Fire Emblem by DekuNut, I thought “yeah this is where Space might have gotten the idea to fake 3x Vig”.

Back
Top Bottom