• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Chaos Mafia V: This Time it's Personal. Endgame: This Is The Greatest Plan!

I have mentioned earlier I played a chaos game on another site and it had the same ending like what happened here.
Chaos Mafia on other sites is not the same as Chaos Mafia here. The mechanics and existance of items are unique.

What exactly made the players vote the hosts in Chaos Mafia IV? Was there a mechanic that got triggered or did the players vote off the hosts as a joke?
As Zinn said, it ended up that the hosts got NK’d, since we were the ones performing the Mafia’s NK, and they, unknowingly, sent us to kill a player who was being violently protected. There was nothing in the setup or the FT which would have implied that the hosts were scum, it would have been something the players needed to figure out on their own. Their suspicion this time was warranted, though, again, I would have gone for the Indep with the killing power first.

I'm surprised I got killed off because of my role and I was also game solving. Scum Jinjo trying to game solve like that then that would have meant that I was power wolfing.
So? Plenty of people power wolf, including myself. If anything, that possibility would have made you more dangerous, not less dangerous. Is it your usual meta? Probably not, but meta is a garbage way of reading people, anyway, especially when some people can, and do, change up their play style and strategy every game they’re in.

Chocolate: Gives the one who eats it the courage to protect another. (Doctor)
Squirrel: Allows its wielder to check whether another player is a good nut or a bad nut. (Cop)
Television Teleport: Can be used to teleport a player to another location. (Redirector) (Also would have been nullified by binoculars.)
All-flavor gum: Gives the one who chews it a random action.
All items have a 25% chance of killing the user...since Wonka is a madman.

Happy: The next lynch of the same alignment as KK is nullified. -> technically, this was still in effect, since Town hadn't tried to lynch Town since the Happy song had been played.
Grumpy: The next day, everyone gets two votes. They may be cast independently, or together. -> this was the actual action that Caps tried to do N6 but got blocked. Phase probably would have turned out differently if people had two votes.
Lazy: Nothing happens. -> never used
Sad: Outside contact is banned for one day/night cycle, including all discussion in the Mafia chat (they can submit a kill but nothing else). -> never used
Hard to say: For the first 24 hours of the phase, the mafia must nominate three players. In the second 24 hours, those three players are the only viable lynch targets. At least one of them must be mafia, and at least one of them must be lynched. -> Caps said he was going to use this, but didn't submit an action that night.
Special song: The hosts die. -> as I predicted, this was Caps' first choice. I tweaked the original intention of killing both hosts to burning through my 1x Deathproof and killing Flop. The end result of this was the mass asdfmovie PR.

Chocolate: Gives the one who eats it the courage to protect another. (Doctor)
Was that the only protective ability in the whole game besides the passive ones?
Hard to say: For the first 24 hours of the phase, the mafia must nominate three players. In the second 24 hours, those three players are the only viable lynch targets. At least one of them must be mafia, and at least one of them must be lynched. -> Caps said he was going to use this, but didn't submit an action that night.
Wait so you were just drunk that day because Chaos?

Squirrel: Allows its wielder to check whether another player is a good nut or a bad nut. (Cop)
a81cb16bd968044123b64ee04ad44449.gif

Was that the only protective ability in the whole game besides the passive ones?
Yes indeed. No active docs or protective roles were in this game. Didn't really need them, plenty of people had passive protection.

Wait so you were just drunk that day because Chaos?
No. I'm pretty sure I was drunk that day because I had too much whiskey earlier.

Also, wanted to address this:
When CyanideCrystal flipped, it listed their hidden Vigilante modifier that revealed they had no bullets and was actually Vanilla.
CyanideCrystal was not a Vanilla, though they were another role that started with a V. They were a Visitor. Visitors do have a night action, in that they are seen visiting their targets during the night phase.
So, for example, if CyanideCrystal tried to kill Space and Tood was watching Space, Tood would see CyanideCrystal visiting Space, even though that "visit" had no actual effects on the game.

Y’all voted the host when you had an Independent with claimed killing powers and no Mafia kill!
ikr.. I already sighed that they chose ME over Space.

Also, yes ME does indeed add fake role PM's to the FT. Remember how I said I asked ME for a good one. Although I died and never got the pm, the flavour did include it:
ZOMBIE ZEXY!
I asked for a Zexy role and when I read the FT I was super excited! Surprised no one mentioned it, did you not notice it?

About FT, that was kind of the big downside of this game. It basically turned into flavour solving after D1 (and D2 but nothing really happened there cause of the restriction). It then just snowballed into a claim game. There was no discussion going on.
Don't believe me? Then why did no one push me on my self vote? I had an answer ready since late D1. I didn't want to post that during the night. Day 2 prevented me from doing that and after that night no one bothered or pushed me for it.

Well, thanks for the hosting, ME. I feel like was stuck in a pretty impossible situation tho. Being lyncher is already tricky enough on its own, and there was a hidden factor depending on how many attempts on my life transpired that I would have to keep Zachie alive instead? I dunno how I could’ve been that influential on the game, especially once it was already out there that I didn’t need Town to win with me and Zachie did turn out to be a Mafioso. But geez, I feel completely screwed over by a lynch that happened after my death which I had no control over! I mean, I guess that’s how it usually works if you’re in a larger faction, but it’s extra frustrating as an indep lyncher who already did their job. :v Well, at least the post restrictions were fun, and I did get to waste two players’ kill shots. :p That was certainly...a game.

ikr.. I already sighed that they chose ME over Space.

Also, yes ME does indeed add fake role PM's to the FT. Remember how I said I asked ME for a good one. Although I died and never got the pm, the flavour did include it:
ZOMBIE ZEXY!
I asked for a Zexy role and when I read the FT I was super excited! Surprised no one mentioned it, did you not notice it?

About FT, that was kind of the big downside of this game. It basically turned into flavour solving after D1 (and D2 but nothing really happened there cause of the restriction). It then just snowballed into a claim game. There was no discussion going on.
Don't believe me? Then why did no one push me on my self vote? I had an answer ready since late D1. I didn't want to post that during the night. Day 2 prevented me from doing that and after that night no one bothered or pushed me for it.

Yes, it being a claim game was a bummer. I would have preferred solving you naturally rather than relying on the Cop claim for example.

Though, I think Mafia was severely underpowered this game. Even with FinalArcadia’s role of dying and then becoming Mafia, with her lynch not going through, then the Town would think she lied about the Bulletproof and thus try lynching her again tomorrow anyway. It would buy one Nightkill at least. Maybe if Zachie revived a Townie instead he would not have been checked and probably lasted longer, even if he had 0.5 voting power.

Last edited:
FA, if you got lynched, the lynch wouldn't have gone through. Look at your role flip.

Also, all of you except for FA, MegaPod, and Zachie, go back to your role PMs and highlight them all.
I left you a surprise. :D
I didn't see shit when I highlighted mine.

Caps said he was going to use this, but didn't submit an action that night.
Zinn convinced me against doing it in OC out of fear that it would destroy the flavor text.

Might depend on the device you're using. Ever since I switched to Apple devices, I haven't been able to read any invisible text by highlighting it, instead having to copy and paste it somewhere else to read it.

Ah, wait, I see it when I toggle the BBCode.

If my role PM is fake, then what was my actual role? @Magnificent Entertainer :p

There were no real roles this game.
:lapras::lapras::lapras::lapras::lapras::lapras::lapras::lapras:

...well, except for the three that Flop wrote and my own. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
...The Darth that died Night Zero also seems have a real role. (I checked while I was going through the flavor text to see what other invisible text you put in.)

the game ended and nobody wins. except ME.
Obviously.

yes. you all should have checked for invisible text.
I actually used that a few times in this game. Though, I admit, I didn't use it during D7 to warn you all of the outcome of lynching or killing me. By that point, I was just too amused.
I didn't find any except in Role PMs and the "except ME" message after the game ended.

Back
Top Bottom