• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just utterly shocked he didn't catch it before now. You know when the plague hit in the middle ages, the royalty all realized it was a horrible thing that could effect them, too, and all fled to houses in the country. It didn't work too well for them, but they at least tried. Meanwhile, Trump doesn't wear a mask, calls it a hoax, is constantly around other people from all over, puts together large gatherings and somehow he didn't catch COVID until now?

Also, I just wanna point out, as horrible as he is, celebrating this might not be a good idea because karma could easily come back for us, bite us in the ass, and force us to be stuck with him for 4 more years if he recovers, or even get stuck with 4 years of Pence.

I mean... those were clear possibilities even before now. What you've described would just be us moving back to Square 1. Meanwhile, Trump catching COVID and potentially croaking from it actually increases the chance that those possibilities won't come to pass, to at least some degree.

Anyway, I'm not going to feign concern for a racist sexual predator who steals children from their parents and locks them in cages, and whose willful negligence in handling this disease with the severity it requires has resulted in tens of thousands of preventable deaths, and whose steps to remove restrictions and regulations on environmentally damaging institutions has hastened the literal apocalypse.

^He's also a proud sexual assaulter. One who boasted about it on tape, saying he could get away with it because of his fame and power. In another interview, he boasted about walking into the women's dressing rooms at his pageants to check them out naked.

He is a nasty, nasty man. However, I'd much rather him live to be put in jail and pay for his crimes and sins for the rest of his life. Be held accountable for once in his life.

^He's also a proud sexual assaulter. One who boasted about it on tape, saying he could get away with it because of his fame and power. In another interview, he boasted about walking into the women's dressing rooms at his pageants to check them out naked.

Honestly if we start tacking on also's we're gonna be at this all week. :p Believe me, there's a mountain of other stuff I wanted to mention in that post (hi, "abandoning hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico to its own devices"), but I had to keep it succinct for readability.

However, I'd much rather him live to be put in jail and pay for his crimes and sins for the rest of his life. Be held accountable for once in his life.

So would I, but that also requires a faith in the US criminal justice system that I simply don't have. :confused_emoji:

Honestly if we start tacking on also's we're gonna be at this all week. :p Believe me, there's a mountain of other stuff I wanted to mention in that post (hi, "abandoning hurricane-ravaged Puerto Rico to its own devices"), but I had to keep it succinct for readability.

I bring it up because for me it's always been on the forefront. If nothing else had sunk him in the 2016 election that darn well should have. Many of his evangelical and otherwise supporters are always all up in arms about the (very false) alleged threat to the safety of women and children for transgender women to use women's restrooms and dressing rooms. Yet, when they see a man who wanders into women's dressing rooms and checks out the naked women, and boasts about it, they don't care, call him "flawed but forgiven" (which is not a courtesy they would ever ever ever give to someone like Pete Buttigieg, despite Buttigieg's only 'sin' being him being homosexual, which has never done any actual harm to anyone and never will), and then act like he's God's chosen, the messiah.

Sorry, that's more a rant on the culture in general.

There are so many angles with this, but at the end of the day, this showed us exactly how disgusting and depraved Trump's character really is. He should be locked in jail for this alone. While I always thought Trump was horrible before this, this being revealed as the real moral event horizon for me.

I know we’re all focused on other big news right now, but this is just as important.

It indeed is, but it's right now too early to say if Trump's pick for supreme court will even be voted in so that she can help wreck the VRA. This whole Trump getting Covid-19 is having a huge effect on the government. Even one GOP senator (Mike Lee, UT) has so far been confirmed to be ill, and everyone who met Trump in the past few days is being tested.

Oh, and Trump himself is starting to show worsening symptoms. There's a high chance now that he's gonna end up being bedridden.

View: https://twitter.com/SVNewsAlerts/status/1312123248172167169

Last edited:
I’m trying to be careful with speculation with Trump’s health, but him getting “experimental” drugs makes me feel a little uneasy.

This whole Trump getting Covid-19 is having a huge effect on the government. Even one GOP senator (Mike Lee, UT) has so far been confirmed to be ill, and everyone who met Trump in the past few days is being tested.

Not only that, but I saw that Barrett - Trump's SC nominee - and Mike Lee greeted and talked to each other just a few days ago, meaning that Barrett needs to quarantine.

This is not a false alarm. This is not a test.

Trump's COVID19 diagnosis is NOT to be made fun of.
Please don't 'lmao' at Trump's COVID19 diagnosis. It doesn't matter where you land on the political spectrum, I'm not having people make fun of another human for catching COVID19, with many of us knowing people that have had a hard time with it this year.

It's insensitive to the families, it's disrespectful to the medical staff, and it ends here.

“My first reaction is ‘ha!’” said Ravitheja Talla, 25, of Brooklyn. “Given how much he’s downplayed the virus, I found it ironic. He tries to present himself as strong, that’s a big part of what he goes for. But I’m curious what they’ll think of him now that he has the virus.”

“One word to describe it: Good,” said mask-wearing Brooklynite Juliette Beder, 60, as she cleaned up after her Jack Russell terrier. "Of course, I don’t wish harm upon anyone. But the way he flaunted around, and didn’t wear a mask, was so disrespectful to others.”

Biden is pulling all of his attack ads. Probably the right thing to do for now.

You know, what are the chances Trump could try to delay the election, assuming he recovers. Most cases seem to last about 2 weeks, so that's 2 weeks off the campaign trail for him that he'd likely try to get back.
None. He has no authority to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom