• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Non-Mafia Out of the Loop

Very Important Announcement
The Trial Round hereby stands over. I hope all of the players got a fair idea about how the game works now. If anyone have any questions, you may ask them freely.

I would like to thank every player and the MOD Snowy for helping me get a grip on this game and make me understand how this game will work. I made many mistakes which I aim to rectify as we move to the actual game now. Player suggestions are most welcome.

Few things I would like to say here:
Firstly, I made a huge mistake in my rules and mechanics. I used the same name which is in the original game without thinking about the repercussions. There was confusion due to that with players thinking there's just 1 Undercover. I should have clearly mentioned this earlier. Out of 9 players, 5 were Civilians, 3 were Undercover(s) and 1 Mr. White.

Secondly, the referencing of Google and Wikipedia should have not been permitted from the beginning as it either made the word obvious or at least made the alignment of players obvious.

Thanks everyone again for your help and support. We'll begin the actual game soon but before that I would like to address any questions the players have to ensure a smooth game overall. :bulbaLove:

Q&As
Posting some of the questions players asked and I have answered so that everyone gets a clear idea.

Question: In the trial round, can we give a description at any time (like, there's no set order for the players to answer in?)?
Answer: No. The set order thing wasn't working out due to time constraints, hence I have modified the rules to allow players to post the description as per their convenience.

Question: can I say tongue or does it have to be an adjective like juicy?
Answer: If you feel there aren't enough words to describe the given word, you can use any other word which you can associate with the given word, not necessarily an adjective.

Question: Do I just say the name of the person to vote out?, there is no discussion right?
Answer: Discussion is permitted as long as the secrecy of the given word is maintained.

Question: Hey, so do I describe the lollipop again, the word doesn't change each round?
Answer: No. The word remains same for the entire round. It will change when the roles change.

Question: Are saying brands okay? And what about synonyms. So in this case pop, sucker, etc.
Answer: Brand names won't be allowed as it comes under direct hinting.
Synonyms can be permitted but not direct ones like pop or anything related to the name/word.

Question: Okay, so my goal is to guess the Civillian's word. Do I put my guess in here or the thread? And do I guess during the description or voting phase? Or is either fine?
Answer: Your primary win-con is to ensure that there is only 1 Civilian left at the end of the round.
As an added win-con, you get the opportunity to guess the secret word, which will be asked from you upon your elimination.

Question: Also can Mr. White win with Civillians if they get eliminated and guess the word or do the Civillians just lose if that happens?
Answer: If Mr. White guesses the word correctly, he is the sole winner.

Posting some of the questions players asked and I have answered so that everyone gets a clear idea.

Question: In the trial round, can we give a description at any time (like, there's no set order for the players to answer in?)?
Answer: No. The set order thing wasn't working out due to time constraints, hence I have modified the rules to allow players to post the description as per their convenience.

Question: can I say tongue or does it have to be an adjective like juicy?
Answer: If you feel there aren't enough words to describe the given word, you can use any other word which you can associate with the given word, not necessarily an adjective.

Question: Do I just say the name of the person to vote out?, there is no discussion right?
Answer: Discussion is permitted as long as the secrecy of the given word is maintained.

Question: Hey, so do I describe the lollipop again, the word doesn't change each round?
Answer: No. The word remains same for the entire round. It will change when the roles change.

Question: Are saying brands okay? And what about synonyms. So in this case pop, sucker, etc.
Answer: Brand names won't be allowed as it comes under direct hinting.
Synonyms can be permitted but not direct ones like pop or anything related to the name/word.

Question: Okay, so my goal is to guess the Civillian's word. Do I put my guess in here or the thread? And do I guess during the description or voting phase? Or is either fine?
Answer: Your primary win-con is to ensure that there is only 1 Civilian left at the end of the round.
As an added win-con, you get the opportunity to guess the secret word, which will be asked from you upon your elimination.

Question: Also can Mr. White win with Civillians if they get eliminated and guess the word or do the Civillians just lose if that happens?
Answer: If Mr. White guesses the word correctly, he is the sole winner.
Two more questions:
Do the Undercover know who their teammates are?
Since Mr. White and the Undercover both have the wincon of eliminating all but one Civillian, would both Undercover and Mr. White win if they're both alive with only one Civillian left?

Do the Undercover know who their teammates are
No. Considering the Undercover don't know their own alignment, knowing their teammates is out of the question.
Since Mr. White and the Undercover both have the wincon of eliminating all but one Civillian, would both Undercover and Mr. White win if they're both alive with only one Civillian left?
Yes this is exactly what happens. Both (Mr. White and the Undercover team) win if only 1 Civilian is left at the end of the game.

Back
Top Bottom