• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Sword & Shield: Expansion Pass

Okay, now we're talking. Tunnel to the Top is exactly the kind of mazelike, multileveled cave I've wanted to see this entire game. Could do with more overworld puzzles, but the cave design is definitely getting better. It's been a long time since I've gotten anywhere close to lost in a cave.

Good lord they released this late. It’s not even October 22nd anymore in some parts of the world. They really should have provided a time...

I think they should have advertised the release date as being the 23rd, really. That way, no-one would be disappointed, and people in time zones where it's still the 22nd would be pleasantly surprised, so it would have been a win-win. Knowing the time would have been better too - I've been repeatedly checking the internet for the past 27 hours (apart from the eight when I was asleep) wondering when it was going to be ready.

It's 3am now and I'm feeling quite sleepy, so I think I'm going to save this new adventure for the morning. I hope you all have fun with it!

Last edited:
Shaking the Legendary Tree thrust me into a Max Raid against a Greedent

This motherfucker is a TANK.

Especially in a place that really shouldn't be home to them. Looking at you Carracosta.
At the same time, they're probably better off that way. Who knows what kind of tormented abominations Cara Liss could create from their fossils?

So it seems that even if you enter the Crown Tundra before becoming the Champion, Peony will still meet you with a Lv70 Copperajah. So pretty much all of this is post-game content.

I’m really loving it so far though. The quests are fun, the geography is so elaborate and twisty, the story has good humor, the atmosphere is delightful... I’ll have to do a full write-up tomorrow.

Lol @ the high-jumping Magikarp in the waters. That’s brilliant.

Already caught Calyrex/Glastrier, Regirock, Articuno, and Cobalion, and I’m working on Zapdos now (It ran off to the Wild Area! Moltres is in the Isle of Armor!)

I kind of want to join this expedition because I want to know who Peony's dealer is.

I absolutely hate these roaming Galarian birds. They're so unbelievably frustrating. Zapdos is easy to find cause its always right there when you come into the Wild Area, though its extremely annoying to catch up to and catch. Moltres is pretty annoying cause it flies all around the Isle of Armor and you have to try to get its attention on the water. Articuno is the one that infuriates me the most cause its so hard to even find, and you have to play a guessing game with it when you find it.

I beat the Greedent and holy smokes it dropped a ton of berries

like 30 oran, 10 sitrus, 15 hondew, something else, and even a lansat and starf berry!

I nearly fell over when I saw an Amaura walking around in the tall grass. Like, we knew that we were going to be able to get it in CT, but I thought there was just going to be a bounty of fossils or something. I really like that they did this, and I think the Crown Tundra was an excellent place to implement this idea. Besides the small village of Freezington, the Isle of Armor is pretty much devoid of people, so these rare Pokemon don't have to worry too much about seeing humans.

I'm enjoying this DLC so far. It's funny, I've actually done very little Pokemon catching so far, and more just going through the story and exploring the area.

The Tundra definitely feels like a proper Wild Area. It has a few different kinds of environments, but the areas mostly feel very different from each other in how they're laid out. And it feels so massive. The exteriors buildings all look pretty good with the free-control camera, which just further leads time to believe that we will have a free-control camera for the entirety of the next game (a few areas might not have them though. Probably the interiors of buildings and houses).

I have mixed feelings about Peony. He's kind of funny, but I was also very annoyed by him at first. Though I do like the little extra bits of character traits they added to him. I love the little bit where he says that he was the one who sewed together the expedition outfits, and his daughter's clothes. Men who sew = yes!

I have only made it through the Calyrex story so far (I got caught up with decorating my Animal Crossing Island for Halloween and forgot to check to see if the DLC dropped), and it was pretty enjoyable. I liked how we had to complete some smaller tasks, that also encouraged exploration. And wow that cutscene where Calyrex tames its steed, just wow. I ended up choosing Spectrier, but honestly, I like both of the horses equally. I guess this just means I'm going to have to finish another playthrough of Sword so I can get Glastrier.

I noticed that a woman has a Cosmog as a pet, and states she wants to give it to a worthy trainer.

I'm not doing too well in the Dynamax Adventures. First two attempts ended in Suicine defeating my team because I had NPCs involved, and they just keep on spamming Status moves when they had Super Effective moves against it. First attempt was worse because I somehow ended up with two Fire-types on my team. I'm considering going online.

I noticed that a woman has a Cosmog as a pet, and states she wants to give it to a worthy trainer.

I'm not doing too well in the Dynamax Adventures. First two attempts ended in Suicine defeating my team because I had NPCs involved, and they just keep on spamming Status moves when they had Super Effective moves against it. First attempt was worse because I somehow ended up with two Fire-types on my team. I'm considering going online.

You are just unlucky then i guess. The NPCS aren't as moronic as the generic ones.

You are just unlucky then i guess. The NPCS aren't as moronic as the generic ones.
I guess you're right. I just went online and joined another group. Although the boss was Xerneas, and we still lost, I fared better this time. Helped that Xerneas got to just 15% of its health before we got to four KOs. Didn't matter. Got a Shiny Seadra, and was able to advance the story.

UPDATE: Don't know how, but my second attempt with Xerneas was not only a victory, but I got a Shiny Xerneas.
Crown Tundra is post game?
Looks to be it. Word of advice if you shake the Dyna Tree: I battled a Level 100 Greedent in a Max Raid Battle. Not catchable, but winning nets you dozens of berries, including Lansat and Starf.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom