• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Previous Generation Starter Pokemon

Arcanine_is_Legend

Roar of the Arcanines
Reaction score
Does anyone think that starter Pokemon from previous generations should be eligible for capture when you obtain the National Dex?

Post your thoughts on this please.

Aren't they already? at least I recall being able to choose a 2nd gen starter in Emerald. But maybe that was becouse they'd otherwise be unnobtainable...

Aren't they already? at least I recall being able to choose a 2nd gen starter in Emerald. But maybe that was becouse they'd otherwise be unnobtainable...
You were never able to capture them in the wild, and that's probably what the original poster meant.

I'd rather the past generation starters not be available for capture. It kind of removes the charm of their rarity, and makes them less 'special'.

I think that it would diminish their rarity but with wifi trading and them being able to be bred hasnt it been diminished enough? Also maybe it wouldn't be as bad if they were put in a hard to reach area that was full of high level pokemon and had a very low appereance rate like a .1% chance of appearing, and if you were lucky enough to see one it would be hard to catch and it could know roar or just maybe have the ability to run away.

Still, at least the wifi trading or breeding requires some kind of extra work or effort on someone's part. Allowing for their easy capture would be like devalue of their positions as starters, which shouldn't be done just because there is a new set.

i think shiny nidokings idea was good sortoff like in FR/LG were all the dogs just ran away, that would be a good idea. i belive that they shouldent be in the wild for obviouse reasons that poeple have pointed out and also if your in sinnoh and a charmander is in kanto.... how does that happen?

I think that the next pokemon game should be one where you could pick any of the 12 starters and the others should be available when you got the national dex and EVERY pokemon should be available with no hacks or events.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom