• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely see a pokemon day direct next year (in like. . 3ish months? sheesh) having some kind of brand roadmap. Even if D/P remakes aren't announced with a trailer, I fully expect an announcement of an announcement. DP remakes do feel a bit /too/ predictable though so I'm hoping gamefreak finds a way to shake things up a little bit

I just recently got Honey's League card and it mentions that she wants to sell Max Soup worldwide. This wouldn't really be possible unless Dynamaxing was possible outside of Galar so I think that, in universe, Dynamaxing is not exclusive to Galar.

WHO WOULD WIN?

Multiple in-universe characters telling us that Dynamax only happens in Galar and it being linked to a specific Galarian Legendary Pokémon's body

OR

An unviewable Dex entry and one woman's errant daydream about selling soup

Joking aside, why would Dynamax have to be possible elsewhere in order to sell Max Soup to other regions? Just harvest the mushrooms from the Isle of Armor, then set up a production site and ship it out

Plus, why would Dynamax have to be possible elsewhere in order to sell Max Soup to other regions?

Why would someone in Kanto buy Max Soup and feed it to their Kingler if they have to travel to Galar in order to have it Gigantamax? I realize I'm overthinking it, but I'm just pointing out that a tiny seed of precedence has been planted. I don't want it to happen, but I won't be surprised if Dynamaxing shows up outside of Galar.

Didn't they claimed Mega Evolution was exclusive to Kalos, but then just popped up in Hoenn? When it comes to consistency of internal rules in the Pokemon universe, Gamefreak isn't exactly consistent. So i wouldn't be surprised if they came up with a reason for Dynamax energy to be in Sinnoh.

Last edited:
Maybe because... Max Soup tastes good? It is a type of soup. It has to be useable as a delicacy.

I would also like to point out that unlike with Mega Evolution, the Anime is staunchly sticking with the "Dyna/gigantamaxing only happens in Galar" thing. Just figured I'd point that out.

Multiple in-universe characters telling us that Dynamax only happens in Galar and it being linked to a specific Galarian Legendary Pokémon's body​

And then the remakes reveal Giratina Origin Form or Dialga and Palkia's forms are able to make Dyna/Gigantamax happen too.

GG.

Didn't they claimed Mega Evolution was exclusive to Kalos, but then just popped up in Hoenn? When it comes to consistency of internal rules in the Pokemon universe, Gamefreak isn't exactly consistent. So i wouldn't be surprised if they came up with a reason for Dynamax energy to be in Sinnoh.

Yeah. Mega Evolution was (Vaguely) linked to the energy of the Ultimate Weapon (Which was fire and housed in Kalos) but Steven's dad did experiments inspired after the energy of the cannon and created the Infinite Energy that way that fuels the machinery of Hoenn and makes Mega Evolution possible. (Instead of Lucario, it's also Rayquaza now who became the first Mega Pokémon).

Seems more like that 'Regional history' that they believe because they have never been outside of those borders or haven't delved deeper into the history I guess. ("Oh, I didn't know it was possible to make Dyna/Gigantamax happen without a powerspot. That's interesting.")

WHO WOULD WIN?

Multiple in-universe characters telling us that Dynamax only happens in Galar and it being linked to a specific Galarian Legendary Pokémon's body

OR

You want my honest opinion?

Knowing GameFreak, the latter.

Leak 1
  • Sharpened Diamond and Blinding Pearl (what even are these names?)
What these names are are fake. They killed any chance of me considering this leak real immediately.

• Apparently, Megas are back, and the creation trio get new forms/megas? (this is probably the most believable part of the rumor)
The Creation Trio probably gets some sort of new form if there are remakes, doubting megas.

• Following Pokemon return alongside contests and the underground.
  • Battle Frontier doesn't come back, the villa and that restaurant from Platinum also return.
These feel like guesses anyone could've made. As far as I can tell, the internet is mostly in agreement that yes, the Underground will be back, GameFreak already scrapped the Battle Frontier and kept Contests in one remake, following Pokémon seem to be making a return in the DLC so why not the next games, and the villa and the restaurant have really no reason to be suspected to be scrapped or returning that I can think of so either guess is pretty viable.

• Delta Episode style event with Arceus and Giratina, the leaker seems to be suggesting Arceus is the villain here though since it has an Eternamax like form apparently.
Arceus is the villain everyone! The creator of the universe is out to destroy it because he got a cooler, bigger form! [/s]

Leak 2
  • A separate leak in the same thread seems to indicate that the games are actually called Temporal Diamond and Spatial Pearl
Tally of how many times I've seen those names proposed: ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||||| ||| (Note that I haven't actually been keeping a tally and this is just an estimate.)
Likelihood of those being the actual names: *crickets*

• Same timeline as ORAS but uses Platinum Pokedex
They probably will use a modified version of the Platinum Pokédex, whether it's the same timeline as ORAS is up in the air.

• Mount Coronet is possibly enlarged so that it can serve as a Wild Area.
Coronet wouldn't actually be a horrible place of a Wild Area. Leak's still bullshit, but good idea.

• Spiritomb is easier to catch (no Underground shenanigans by the sounds of it).
Because they'd do that after the DLC being virtually the same as the original method of catching it. :unsure:

• Sinnoh variants of Gen 5-8 Pokemon (this is very unlikely imo)
  • New Gigantamax forms.
G-Max forms has a decent shot of happening, but I feel like the entire fandom knows that.
As much as I'd like Sinnoh variants, this is probably not happening.

Why would someone in Kanto buy Max Soup and feed it to their Kingler if they have to travel to Galar in order to have it Gigantamax?

Because it's yummy?

Everybody at the dojo eats the soup, even though it doesn't unlock any special powers for the humans. Honey doesn't necessarily have to promote it for its Gigantamax-inducing properties.

Obviously the folks at Game Freak can and will write whatever they want, I was mainly just joking about using a bit of innocuous flavor text to surmise that "in-universe," Dynamax happens in other regions even though there are multiple instances of characters "in-universe" explicitly saying the exact opposite

Arceus is the villain everyone! The creator of the universe is out to destroy it because he got a cooler, bigger form!
I mean... that's not exactly far fetched as plots go. If I thought about it I could probably name a few movies and games with a similar plot (and a few fanfiction with the exact same plot).

I mean... that's not exactly far fetched as plots go. If I thought about it I could probably name a few movies and games with a similar plot (and a few fanfiction with the exact same plot).
It's also a terrible plot.
At least with Eternatus it was already destroying things before it got extra big.

And I'm sure GameFreak thinks all of us want to play through the Darkest Day 2.0. (I don't know about you guys, but one pair of games this Gen with that was enough for me.)

Last edited:
Because it's yummy?

Everybody at the dojo eats the soup, even though it doesn't unlock any special powers for the humans. Honey doesn't necessarily have to promote it for its Gigantamax-inducing properties.

I guess I misunderstood. For some reason, I was under the impression that the soup tastes kind of bad which is why you had to get honey so Cubfoo would eat it. It's not like the people at the dojo have other options for food. Do they specifically say that they like it? I honestly can't remember.

I guess I misunderstood. For some reason, I was under the impression that the soup tastes kind of bad which is why you had to get honey so Cubfoo would eat it. It's not like the people at the dojo have other options for food. Do they specifically say that they like it? I honestly can't remember.
There are berry trees all over the island, and you can make curry there, so they probably could if they wanted, too (pretty sure someone right outside the dojo actually sells ingredients). Kubfu only being willing to eat it if there's honey seems to be more limited to Kubfu specifically not liking Max Mushrooms.

Incidentally, the people at the dojo do have lots of other options for food if you upgrade the dojo with Watts. Plus from the beginning there are people outside the dojo who sell some berries and curry ingredients.

That aside, yes the "unappealing taste" is specifically said to be for Urshifu. Every other Pokémon will eat the soup just fine, but Urshifu is a picky eater who hates the mushroom taste and needs it to be masked by Max Honey (because bears like honey). As far as how humans like it, no one seems put off by it when everyone at the dojo has some using the mushrooms that Klara picked. Mustard describes it as delicious, and a text box even says about your character that "you enjoyed the Max Soup"

There are berry trees all over the island, and you can make curry there, so they probably could if they wanted, too (pretty sure someone right outside the dojo actually sells ingredients).

Incidentally, the people at the dojo do have lots of other options for food if you upgrade the dojo with Watts. Plus from the beginning there are people outside the dojo who sell some berries and curry ingredients.

She put the max mushrooms in the soup to save money so maybe they didn't have enough to make curry on a regular basis before you come along and donate watts. That's my impression, anyway.

ORAS’ whole schtick was that it was set in a separate dimension from RSE, which makes me think that DP could adopt Dyna/Gigantamaxing in the same way especially given that it already has a strong relationship with space-time and a strong network of underground tunnels which could be used to relate to Dens.

WHO WOULD WIN?

OR

Don't these memes usually end with the unlikely underdog winning, though?

Personally I think either's a strong possibility. Game Freak does love discarding lore about their new mechanics, and it'd help get more mileage out of it, but at the same time, a mechanic that requires big stadiums and puts on such a spectacle is more tied into the design of Galar than "get this cool rock and this cool bracelet and your Pokemon gets a new form".

Dynamax Is the current gimmick so GF may want to.milk it to the max.
Although good luck fitting that in a gym. It can be post-game, but then what's the use?

They didn’t insist too much that Megas were a Kalos only thing. Yeah, they did say it but they didn’t shove the fact to your face. You can’t move 10 steps in Galar without being reminded that Dynamax is a Galar only mechanic so that’s why I view it differently.

Temporal Diamond and Spatial Pearl
giphy.gif

It's about as on the nose as Firered and Leafgreen. Gamefreak probably got some criticism for naming the Gen 1 remakes like that that they decided to call the Gen 2 and 3 remakes something hardly anyone could come up with.

Also, Gamefreak reads online stuff posted by fans, so they are probably aware of those names for Gen 4 remakes that they are gonna purposely avoid using them just to suprise players with names that hardly anyone came up with.

Last, very much doubt Mega Evolution is going to be in them when they are clearly pushing Dynamax as the main mechanic of Gen 8. Having Mega Evolution possibly hog the spotlight would probably be something they want to avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom